blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Harvey Weinstein
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein  (Read 20324 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 11:58:41 PM »

A famous poker player was definitely guilty of similar behaviour on numerous occasions.

It is to my eternal shame that I never said or a word or tried to stop him on the 2 or 3 occasions I saw him do it.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 12:17:49 AM »

A famous poker player was definitely guilty of similar behaviour on numerous occasions.

It is to my eternal shame that I never said or a word or tried to stop him on the 2 or 3 occasions I saw him do it.

No one said a word, or complained about his behaviour as far as I know.

And he was a fraction as famous/powerful as Harvey Weinstein.

Completely understand why no one spoke up to out Weinstein.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:54 AM »

Is it too late to stand up and be counted?

If you now feel so strongly to mention it, surely you should name and shame?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 09:27:25 AM »

Hardly takes a rocket scientist to work out who I'm talking about.

I just asked my missus if she thought any poker player might have been guilty of the same sort of behaviour Weinstein displayed.

She immediately named the same person even though she didn't witness the two serious events I did.

Ask any player who played in the same era (roughly 1998 to 2010) I did, and a pound to penny they'll say the same individual.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:29:15 AM by The Camel » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 09:43:42 AM »

I just asked my missus if she thought any poker player might have been guilty of the same sort of behaviour Weinstein displayed.

She immediately named the same person even though she didn't witness the two serious events I did.

Ask any player who played in the same era (roughly 1998 to 2010) I did, and a pound to penny they'll say the same individual.

So if any of those players will say, why won't you?

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »

So if any of those players will say, why won't you?

Would they say in private? Yes.

Would they name him on a public forum? Probably not.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 09:46:16 AM »

The moment I read your Post, I knew who you were referring to, & I daresay everyone else did, too.

I witnessed it first hand as long as 12 or 13 years ago. I was a nobody at the bottom of the poker pyramid, he sat atop the pyramid & was immensely respected. I suppose I was not brave enough to speak up about such a "respected" figure in the game, especially from where I sat in the game.

But the main reason nothing was said was that times were different then. They just were. What was perceived as acceptable then is quite the opposite now.

Times have changed beyond belief in a very short time.  

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:59:21 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »

I too knew exactly who you were talking about, but the point is, its the Bandwagon Bill stuff I was on about at the start.

Times have changed, and it was considered acceptable to turn a blind eye, or even tolerate the the action. So I do get worked up about the holier than thou types that get on their high horse about moral issues, who could have done stuff, but didn't, but now want to tell the world how wrong it was, and how appalled they were. 

How many of these really bad people may have been stopped in their tracks if just one of these "blind eyers" had said something in the early days? Maybe some werent aware of the gravity of what they were doing, and as each case got worse, and they were continually allowed to do it, maybe they saw it as, almost, an encouragement from others. Who knows?

Doesn't make it right, but I also feel those acknowledging it and doing nothing makes them somewhat part of the problem, however minor.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 10:38:37 AM »

I wonder why prominent members of rock bands in the 70's, 80's & 90's, many of whom command media & general respect to this day, escaped censure over this sort of thing?

They openly boasted, wrote it in books, discussed in interviews, of what happened after Shows, with so-called groupies, many of them under age I believe, being invited back to parties in hotel rooms?

These guys are still around, & still seen as Gods of pop and rock music. Jagger (who is an MBE), Richards, Anthony Keidis, Rod Stewart - SIR Rodney these days.

Or Bill Wyman, of whom Wiki states;

The June 2006 issue of Maxim magazine ranked Wyman at number 10 on its "Living Sex Legends" list, as he is reputed to have had sex with over 1,000 women.

On 2 June 1989, aged 52, Wyman married 18-year-old Mandy Smith, whom he had been dating since she was 13 and he was 47 years old. According to Smith, their relationship was sexually consummated when she was 14 years old

Is that worse or better than Weinstein's antics?

Did the public at large disapprove, was their a media hoohah about it? I don't think so.

I just think times & attitudes have changed. What was deemed acceptable then is not acceptable now.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:42:50 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »

I wonder why prominent members of rock bands in the 70's, 80's & 90's, many of whom command media & general respect to this day, escaped censure over this sort of thing?

They openly boasted, wrote it in books, discussed in interviews, of what happened after Shows, with so-called groupies, many of them under age I believe, being invited back to parties in hotel rooms?

These guys are still around, & still seen as Gods of pop and rock music. Jagger (who is an MBE), Richards, Anthony Keidis, Rod Stewart - SIR Rodney these days.

The June 2006 issue of Maxim magazine ranked Wyman at number 10 on its "Living Sex Legends" list, as he is reputed to have had sex with over 1,000 women.

On 2 June 1989, aged 52, Wyman married 18-year-old Mandy Smith, whom he had been dating since she was 13 and he was 47 years old. According to Smith, their relationship was sexually consummated when she was 14 years old

Did the public at large disapprove, was their a media hoohah about it? I don't think so.

I just think times & attitudes have changed. What was deemed acceptable then is not acceptable now.

We are talking a few years ago with Mr Anon and Weinstein? 

Things were not very different then.  We aren't talking about the 60s, and bringing it up now is pretty irrelevent.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »

Bill Wyman was just a creepy guy who took advantage of what was offered up to him by dint of being in a famous rock n roll band, and I dare say quite a few of his conquests thought they'd actually end up with Mick. However, the Many Smith affair I found to be pretty repugnant, but although consensual, I still can't understand why he was never charged with having sexual relations with a minor: I can only suppose that there was never a complainant?

Weinstein, however, is a man in power who simply took what he thought was his right. A bully, who wouldn't take no for an answer in his aggressive pursuit of sex acts with the next 20-26 year old wannabe that he came into contact with.

Personally, I think there's a big difference in their behaviour. Whereas Bill's birds will probably feel embarrassed by their own acts with him, Harvey's will feel like victims.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »

tabloids kicked up a lot in late 80s over the Mandy Smith thing I remember reading about it at the time it was front page news

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »

I don't know who it is.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:55 PM »

It's not me is it?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 12:11:26 PM »

I don't know who it is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: