blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The world cup
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The world cup  (Read 55242 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2018, 12:07:37 AM »

Lingard has had some very good moments this season in a United team which seems to stifle creativity. Certainly deserves his place in the squad. I do wonder why you need Welbeck when you also have Rashford? Don't really see the need to have them both. Lallana is a different kind of player to all three. He's the victim of the decision to select the squad now instead of after the two friendlies as he could have played his way in.

Ox is a big miss for his versatility if nothing else.

Presumably planning to play Delph in midfield as he already has Rose and Young. On the right side we have Trippier, TAA so Walker will be in the back three?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2018, 07:02:44 AM »

Not to late for Mike Williamson surely ? Wink
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2018, 07:29:58 AM »

With the squad we have last 16 would be expected finish and quarter final would be an good run.  Our midfield is really substandard.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2018, 09:44:13 AM »

Lingard has had some very good moments this season in a United team which seems to stifle creativity. Certainly deserves his place in the squad. I do wonder why you need Welbeck when you also have Rashford? Don't really see the need to have them both. Lallana is a different kind of player to all three. He's the victim of the decision to select the squad now instead of after the two friendlies as he could have played his way in.

Ox is a big miss for his versatility if nothing else.

Presumably planning to play Delph in midfield as he already has Rose and Young. On the right side we have Trippier, TAA so Walker will be in the back three?

Welbeck is a defensive forward, completely different to Rashford. If we're winning 1-0 vs France he will track back a lot better and hold the ball up a lot better than Rashford/Sterling etc, he offers something they all don't.

Mike Williamson 4 years ago was bette than Cahill now, the guy is an absolute disaster. In reality Mike Williamson was same as Tarkowski, Ben Mee etc. Starting English defender in an over achieving team challenging for European spots, because he played for Newcastle he won't get a shout same as Shelvey and Lascelles who are both pretty clearly deserving of a place in the squad.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2018, 09:52:39 AM »

So how are we actually likely to set up? I see a lot of people saying Henderson/Dier will play together but I doubt that tbh.

I think it will be

--------Pickford----------

----walker stones Harry m----

Trippier      Henderson             Rose

Lingard        Delph

Sterling

Kane

Would he really play Alli in Delph role? Harry M replaced by Dier maybe??

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2018, 10:26:26 AM »

He won't but i would love to see him play Kane in behind Vardy for games where we know we won't have possession and will be on the counter (Belgium, any of the big boys in the knockout stages)

If he sticks with 3 centre backs its

3-4-2-1 yes?

two holding midfielders..Henderson and Dier

two wing backs

and Alli/Sterling supporting Kane

eg

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier Henderson Dier Rose

Alli Sterling

Kane

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »

Not sure I agree that the midfield is weak

Henderson has been one of the best players in the champions league knockout stages this season, Ali would get into most starting teams here and Dier is a rare breed an intelligent thinker who doesn't hide and can adapt for himself in game
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2018, 10:54:49 AM »

Brilliant interview with Chalobah on the latest Totally Football Italian.

Talks about how much he learnt being at Napoli, learnt more than playing full seasons in the champ. First time he was introduced to set piece routines when to press and any tactical work in his career which shows how valuable these young players going abroad can be.

Watching Hamsik and Jorginho every day following how they moved on the pitch, shows in Dier the way he plays after his Sporting spell and hopefully will show in Sancho, Lookman et al when they breakthrough.

Also he mentioned how the training ground and facilities were worse than every Champ side he went on loan to and miles away from Chelsea.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:13:01 AM by horseplayer » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »

Ashley Young is the first player called Young to be the oldest player in a World Cup squad since Choi Young-il in 1998

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2018, 04:58:04 PM »

He won't but i would love to see him play Kane in behind Vardy for games where we know we won't have possession and will be on the counter (Belgium, any of the big boys in the knockout stages)

If he sticks with 3 centre backs its

3-4-2-1 yes?

two holding midfielders..Henderson and Dier

two wing backs

and Alli/Sterling supporting Kane

eg

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier Henderson Dier Rose

Alli Sterling

Kane

He played one pivot DM and then two box to box midfielders (Lingard and Ox) I don't think he will play Dier/Henderson together, its pointless.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2018, 06:50:17 PM »

Imagine watching this cup final and telling someone Cahill isnt good enough for England anymore and/or good enough on the ball

no chance
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »

Was a dire final.

Both teams are a million miles behind the best club teams in the world.

Best Bitter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »

Couldn't see a thread for the world cup.

Haven't watched much so far, a half a match here and there.

Enjoyed England's performance tonight even though I started to get a familiar sinking feeling with 15 mins to go.

Thought Maguire looked the part and there was a lot of positive performances (if fairly average, given the opposition). Still, average performances by England are so much better than the turgid crap delivered by so many past England sides which had a lot more experienced and notionally world class players.

Feel like Jordan Henderson is overrated although I like his effort and his demeanour - I guess if he didn't play then Dire would be in so it's a bonus he starts. Feels like we're perhaps just short of a top class midfielder to have any lasting impact but pleased for Southgate and good to enjoy an England game

sola virtus nobilitat
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 07:02:58 AM »

I’m biased but each time I saw Henderson on the ball I just wished it was Shelvey.

Blue text
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »

Commentator in the French game made a great point as the game entered the 76th minute.

He'd been looking at all the results so far and worked out that 17% of goals so far had come in the last 15 mins of games.

Pretty interesting and glad he shared

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: