blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89965 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 20, 2022, 12:59:35 PM »

Emma started brightly today was 3-0 then blistered her hand she wasn't able to put any power into her forehand for the rest of the first set or the 2nd set which she somehow won
then in 3rd set although clearly still hampered she was able to get a few forehands in but wasnt able to finish it off due to the blisters

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 20, 2022, 01:18:38 PM »

Emma started brightly today was 3-0 then blistered her hand she wasn't able to put any power into her forehand for the rest of the first set or the 2nd set which she somehow won
then in 3rd set although clearly still hampered she was able to get a few forehands in but wasnt able to finish it off due to the blisters

I didn't see much of it, but she seemed to be a bit weak, so that all makes sense. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 20, 2022, 01:52:55 PM »

https://www.judgments.fedcourt.gov.au/judgments/Judgments/fca/full/2022/2022fcafc0003

Djokovic judgement.   Can't help thinking if he had kept his big mouth shut he'd have been fine.   It is his public statements that have done for him and not his vaccination status.

There is an interesting piece near the end where it is explained that the minister only needed to consider if Djokovic's presence in Australia could lead to unrest and their was no obligation to consider if his removal could lead to unrest.   Given there had clearly been unrest, then the minister was reasonable in making that conclusion.  I think that seems to be the crux of it.   Obviously paraphrasing a bit.  It is long and I have read it quickly.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 20, 2022, 02:26:52 PM »

I didn't see much of it, but she seemed to be a bit weak, so that all makes sense. 

her backhand was sinuating just all she do with the forehand was a slice which was so weak

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2022, 09:15:12 AM »

Looks like Norrie is back competing well.   Won a couple this week, and gave Auger Alliasime a match.  Jack Draper seems to be doing OK too.

Got to love Raducanu just climbing the rankings without even playing.

Sonay Kartal is winning way more than she is losing right now, so maybe she has a decent future, but definitely on the small side.  I don't really follow the juniors enough, but she is playing Talia Neilson Gatenby in the final of the w25 today in Birmingham.  Obviously not paying much attention, as had to google her.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 15, 2022, 09:50:59 AM »

Djork  will miss the french and wimbledon if vaccines are required

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-60381046

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2022, 10:58:07 AM »

Djork  will miss the french and wimbledon if vaccines are required

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-60381046

I read that this morning, it is pretty appalling they are giving this headline status and granting him a PR exercise on their biggest channel.  Yeah, sleeping well and eating well are going to improve your "wellness", but I don't see how that relates to vaccinations.   Given the "he has clearly thought deeply" about this spiel attached to the interview, then I really worry about him just parroting the anti-vaccination crap produced by cash per click lowlifes on social media.  Is there going to be any effective challenge, or did they just get an exclusive in exchange for a soft time?

Going to pivot into a defund the BBC crank at this rate.

Anyway, Katie Boulter won her first tournament in an age at the weekend, good to see her back.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2022, 10:35:36 PM »

Norrie makes the final of the 250 at Delray Beach closing in on the top 10

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2022, 01:43:49 AM »

Norrie makes the final of the 250 at Delray Beach closing in on the top 10

Meh, he doesn't gain a spot even if he wins. 

Would be good to see him, Draper and Kartal all win tomorrow.  Rate Draper is improving he won't need a wild card for Wimbledon, and Kartal is going for two tourneys in a row.     

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2022, 03:43:59 AM »

Yeah no place but gets closer

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2022, 02:08:47 PM »

He could lose a place today which is a bit mad. 

Kartal has just won again, you can watch the crappy comps on the ITF site, but don't expect a commentary.  She has gone from 800 to 400 in a couple of weeks.   Missed that Alastair Gray could win two in a row too, and he is on now.  Don't know much about him, but he is a bit older and been on the US college circuut.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2022, 02:48:59 PM »

Kartal has just won again, you can watch the crappy comps on the ITF site, but don't expect a commentary.  She has gone from 800 to 400 in a couple of weeks.   Missed that Alastair Gray could win two in a row too, and he is on now.  Don't know much about him, but he is a bit older and been on the US college circuut.

i heard that before but could never find the right page

will norrie's match be watchable via betfair?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2022, 02:59:56 PM »

Gray is here:
https://live.itftennis.com/en/live-streams/video.php?vid=32195253

Think Norrie should be on Amazon, but pretty high chance he is on Betfair if not.  I struggle to keep up, as was expecting to watch the Australian Open on Amazon and it wasn't there.  Whole thing pees me off really as you just end up subscribing for everything.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 20, 2022, 03:07:20 PM »

Gray is here:

Think Norrie should be on Amazon, but pretty high chance he is on Betfair if not.  I struggle to keep up, as was expecting to watch the Australian Open on Amazon and it wasn't there.  Whole thing pees me off really as you just end up subscribing for everything.

No amazon was at Rio this week, this is the list till end of June. Amazon only has the US open of the grandslams discovery/eurosport have the others (bbchas wimbledon)

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2022, 08:47:14 PM »

Gray is here:

No amazon was at Rio this week, this is the list till end of June. Amazon only has the US open of the grandslams discovery/eurosport have the others (bbchas wimbledon)

You can pay another £9.99 a month to watch on tennis TV.  I like tennis,but not enough to pay twice/three times.  Raducanu is scheduled to be on Amazon this week, but guess it could be in the middle of the night.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: