blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93150 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 08, 2022, 01:05:00 PM »

Did you find a stream for the qualifying?  Boulter, Dart and Watson all made it through the first round, so wouldn't mind watching some tonight if I get time.  There are only two qualifying rounds, so win tonight and they are in the main draw.

You can see the main matches on Amazon Prime from tomorrow which is good for me.   

i couldn't find a stream legal or not for the matches yesterday best i could do was watch updates on skybet. looking forward to the main events

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 09, 2022, 07:09:12 AM »

The women all got through and Liam broady is in final q tonight

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2022, 10:30:40 AM »

Yeah, saw that.  Was watching some of it on Betfair tiny screen.  Boulter is looking good again, and not far off she was before her injury.  I left the Watson match thinking she was going to get beat and she came back strong.   Dart looked to be winning easily when I went to bed in the first set...

FWIW Raducanu seems likely to have a fairly tough first match. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 09, 2022, 12:42:29 PM »

Djork leaving it late again will mess up the seedings if he is forced to withdraw someone is going to get his bye into the 2nd round

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/60673638

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2022, 12:13:48 AM »

Was watching some of it on Betfair tiny screen.

broady's match is on skybet live more watchable than the betfair screen still small though

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2022, 09:36:38 AM »

Had gone to bed, but got woken up by my daughter just in time to see the end of Dart's match from last night.   

Which gives me an excuse to do a bit of captain hindsight with this wonderful bit of snark from Dart after losing to Raducanu a couple of years ago. 

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/harriet-dart-denies-tension-with-emma-raducanu-3669054

Raducanu is seven years younger than Dart and the Grand Slam star had a message to the teenager - let’s see what happens when the main tour resumes.

“I’m not going to dwell on this at all. It’s one match and one match doesn’t define you,” she added.

“Your ranking defines where you’re at really, so for me it’s about being able to play back to back matches and survive the week.

“It will be interesting once we get back to the main tour.”

Dart is doing very well btw, seems to have improved, and has as climbed the rankings strongly over the last 6 months. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »

katie and heather on UK prime time 7pm start so can watch that and the football at same time and get an early night

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2022, 09:22:13 PM »

i need to buy shares in the co commentator's of the auto biography from the Andy Murray match's

15/15 Daniels had just made an unforced error

"more chance of my autobiography being number 1 in the new york times best seller list than Andy making an Unforced error in the game"

3 unforced errors later Daniels with the game to 15.

good win for Murray though after losing the first set so one sided

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2022, 02:20:59 AM »

i need to remember i can watch matches on prime in the morning i cant stay up till past 2am anymore i'll be a wreck tomorrow

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2022, 08:23:39 AM »

i need to remember i can watch matches on prime in the morning i cant stay up till past 2am anymore i'll be a wreck tomorrow

Know the feeling, got to be up at 7.15 for the kids too.   Managed to catch the last two sets of Dart/Svitolina after poker, thought she showed a lot of spirit, and is more aggressive than she used to be.  Raducanu was evens last night, so thought got to take that, but was 6 tabling and failed to confirm my bet.  Did that not long ago on another "winning" bet, need to learn to bet earlier.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2022, 09:49:06 AM »

Know the feeling, got to be up at 7.15 for the kids too.   Managed to catch the last two sets of Dart/Svitolina after poker, thought she showed a lot of spirit, and is more aggressive than she used to be.  Raducanu was evens last night, so thought got to take that, but was 6 tabling and failed to confirm my bet.  Did that not long ago on another "winning" bet, need to learn to bet earlier.
dart breaks into top 100 if she wins tomorrow .

Result of Djork pulling out Murray plays the 31st seed next then 33rd in the next round of they both make it. Would take that any day over having to face djork

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2022, 10:41:44 PM »

Don't think Kanepi should be 1.27 vs Harriet Dart.  Like old Harriet Dart could get blown away 6-0 6-1, but think new Harriet Dart is playing really well.  I get Kanepi is in form too, but surely harder to keep stringing good performances together when you are getting older.  Not much harm done laying 1.27 chances anyway.

Any views?

FWIW Got an email from Spreadex this week bringing in restrictions.  I had a long lost account 20 years ago, and that was probably fulll of spew anyway and have had one bet a few months ago on it.  How the heck as that happened? I can't even remember what the bet was, just remember they had a decent price on something.   Maybe it was Darts, which makes it even weirder that they restrict for Cheltenham.     

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 14, 2022, 01:53:34 AM »

Don't think Kanepi should be 1.27 vs Harriet Dart.  Like old Harriet Dart could get blown away 6-0 6-1, but think new Harriet Dart is playing really well.  I get Kanepi is in form too, but surely harder to keep stringing good performances together when you are getting older.  Not much harm done laying 1.27 chances anyway.

Any views?

FWIW Got an email from Spreadex this week bringing in restrictions.  I had a long lost account 20 years ago, and that was probably fulll of spew anyway and have had one bet a few months ago on it.  How the heck as that happened? I can't even remember what the bet was, just remember they had a decent price on something.   Maybe it was Darts, which makes it even weirder that they restrict for Cheltenham.     

Had a feeling Dart might of turned up today great result will be a tough one against Keys next with keys being on home turf but might get a decent court to play on

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 14, 2022, 10:23:23 AM »

Any views?

Had a feeling Dart might of turned up today great result will be a tough one against Keys next with keys being on home turf but might get a decent court to play on

That feels like the end.  I rate Keys, and she has cracked the top 100 now.  Think she needs one more win to start getting straight through to Grand Slam first rounds.  But think she is going to be there soon regardless as mich of her heavy points scoring has been in the last 3 months.

Tried to watch it last night, but it kept getting pushed back so dropped off with Dart struggling a bit in set 1 and woke up to her well and truly on top.  Sounded like it played out as expected with age/stamina catching up with Kanepi.   She still looks strong and hits hard, but couldn't keep the movement up?   From what I saw of Raducanu it looks pretty energy sapping there even for young ones.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2022, 10:40:21 AM »

Hi Ironside

Good news.  Cameron Norrie goes top 10 if he wins tonight.

Bad News.  He is playing Alcarez, who is surely reaches top 10 in the near future and stays there for years.

Think from Ruud down to Shapovalov there are a group of 6 players fighting for 3 top 10 places.  If Alcarez wins tonight, they will be fighting for just 2 in no time.   

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: