blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:36:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89869 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 23, 2022, 08:21:57 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/commentisfree/2022/mar/23/ash-barty-redefined-what-sporting-success-looks-like-as-quality-not-quantity

Great article on it.   I'm sure she will go and play another sport to a super high standard because she can and she enjoys it.   Amazing human being.

Yeah, think she has life sussed to be fair.  Has worked hard, earned a lot and is just doing what she likes.

Jack Draper has won today and has Norrie next.  Probably not ideal for either, but will be a good test for Draper.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2022, 11:38:28 AM »

Draper/Norrie is scheduled for 3pm today.

Did anyone see the Raducanu match?  She had so many opportunities to win it and so many break points she didn't win.  Was as frustrating a match as I have seen in some time.  Watson seemed to do the opposite, in winning when she looked beaten, but didn't see much of that one as the games clashed.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2022, 02:13:01 PM »

i had both games on plus the Scotland game. I thought the same as you Emma got distracted by the injury but showed flashes

no idea how watson got through that  again

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 31, 2022, 08:55:47 PM »

looks like Hurkaz winning the event will stop cam making top 10

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 31, 2022, 10:14:39 PM »

looks like Hurkaz winning the event will stop cam making top 10

Yeah, wasn't expecting him to beat Medvedev.  Still 2 tough games to come for Hurkacz.  Likely Alcaraz and Ruud.   Problem is if Alcaraz wins then his top 10 isn't likely to last long!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2022, 11:32:47 PM »

Problem is if Alcaraz wins then his top 10 isn't likely to last long!

he will be top 10 before the end of April

looking at Norrie's last match he might be taking a week of 2 off to recover not sure who and what points people are defending over April but there is 3 1000s before the french lots of points to play for

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 01, 2022, 07:07:39 AM »

Problem is if Alcaraz wins then his top 10 isn't likely to last long!

he will be top 10 before the end of April

looking at Norrie's last match he might be taking a week of 2 off to recover not sure who and what points people are defending over April but there is 3 1000s before the french lots of points to play for

Did you see this a couple of days ago.   Would be good to see him win a slam and get to number one before Zverev.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 21, 2022, 12:18:48 PM »

Norrie clinging on to that number 10 spot, though not convincingly.  Luckily, Alcaraz seems to be having a little wobble too.

Think Radacanu has a really good draw in Stuttgart.  Two players outside the top 100 to warm up then Swiatek.  So she can get some good practice in on clay, and then hopefully she cam give Swiatek a good game.  Today's oppo is dangerous on clay,  so it isn't a gimme.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2022, 04:35:58 PM »

Barca's seedings is pretty much spot on 7th seed didnt line up but the rest of the top 8 are through  along with the 10th seed

Alcaraz just needs to last 1 more round than Norrie to climb him but Norrie

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2022, 07:31:50 PM »

Jack Draper gets a wild card into Madrid with Andy Murray, must be nice when players in the 40-50 world ranking range are having to go through qualifying

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 30, 2022, 01:01:49 AM »

Jack Draper gets a wild card into Madrid with Andy Murray, must be nice when players in the 40-50 world ranking range are having to go through qualifying

Dunno, he has won 4 challengers this  year, they think he is box office and he probably is.  Can't be many with more points than him in the ATP race this year in qualifying?  And who are more promising? They might be wrong, but can see why they are giving him a wild card. 

Also tired of people moaning about Murray wild cards, he'd be top 50 without the injuries and these top 100 journeymen aren't putting bums on seats like he does.  Kyrgios gets wild cards too, because he is box office too.

Can't see any 40-60 players in qualifying that I'd watch over those three. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 01, 2022, 02:47:21 PM »

Dunno, he has won 4 challengers this  year, they think he is box office and he probably is.  Can't be many with more points than him in the ATP race this year in qualifying?  And who are more promising? They might be wrong, but can see why they are giving him a wild card. 

Was just watching the match and the commentator brought up his wildcard with some Spanish players having the nose out of joint over this but it was explained as the sponsors had the rights to giving out the wildcards not the home nations tennis federation.

Also tired of people moaning about Murray wild cards, he'd be top 50 without the injuries and these top 100 journeymen aren't putting bums on seats like he does.  Kyrgios gets wild cards too, because he is box office too.

Can't see any 40-60 players in qualifying that I'd watch over those three.
Andy earnt his wildcard to any event he wants to play in the next 10 years. Didn't Ivanisevic get a wild card into wimbledon the year he won and he hadn't nearly as successful a career as Andy in an era without the big 3 players.  Andy was going to miss out the whole of the clay court season but is playing here and Rome but still planning on missing the French.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 02, 2022, 12:51:36 AM »

Carnage in Madrid.  If Ons Jabeur gets knocked out tomorrow, then Raducanu will be the highest ranked player left in.  She played really well today too. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 03, 2022, 08:35:18 PM »

any word on Edmunds coming back? He is young enough to be able to get back to top 20 i think

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 04, 2022, 11:50:07 AM »

any word on Edmunds coming back? He is young enough to be able to get back to top 20 i think

I looked the other day.  Seems like he is getting fit enough by his Instagram, but couldn't see anything reliable on his state of health or comeback dates.   We could have 5 in the top 100 men if he does get back.  Maybe even Broady too?  Don't know how long since we have had 5. 

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: