blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89804 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2022, 08:12:53 PM »

I am sure andy had accepted a WC for Rome looks like he has pulled out as not in the draw, Draper hasn't made the qualifying list. Think draper will be on the borderline for getting into Paris with injuries etc he should be the right side of the line not sure when the deadline is i would assume around about the 16th

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 07, 2022, 11:57:56 AM »

I am sure andy had accepted a WC for Rome looks like he has pulled out as not in the draw, Draper hasn't made the qualifying list. Think draper will be on the borderline for getting into Paris with injuries etc he should be the right side of the line not sure when the deadline is i would assume around about the 16th

Think he'll have to go through qualifying for Paris.  Same with Heather Watson and Harriet Dart.  Need to be aiming at a ranking of less than 90, and none of them got there.  Many of the injured will rock up fot first round prize money, allegedly.

Should be easier soon enough.  They'll all get wild cards for Wimbledon and Draper can probably wangle Queens Club.  Lots of options for the other two in the UK when grass starts up.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 07, 2022, 10:43:37 PM »

Think he'll have to go through qualifying for Paris.  Same with Heather Watson and Harriet Dart.  Need to be aiming at a ranking of less than 90, and none of them got there.  Many of the injured will rock up fot first round prize money, allegedly.

Should be easier soon enough.  They'll all get wild cards for Wimbledon and Draper can probably wangle Queens Club.  Lots of options for the other two in the UK when grass starts up.

according to this its top 104 get in
To be one of the 128 players to qualify for a grand slam tournament, a player can go with one of these three options; Being ranked inside the 104 best players in the world in the ATP ranking, by qualifiers or getting a tournament wildcard.

https://tennispredict.com/how-tennis-players-qualifies-for-grand-slams/#:~:text=How%20To%20Qualify%20For%20The%20Qualifiers%3A%20In%20order,are%20128%20players%20qualifying%20for%20the%20grand%20slams.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 08, 2022, 01:07:35 AM »

Think he'll have to go through qualifying for Paris.  Same with Heather Watson and Harriet Dart.  Need to be aiming at a ranking of less than 90, and none of them got there.  Many of the injured will rock up fot first round prize money, allegedly.

Should be easier soon enough.  They'll all get wild cards for Wimbledon and Draper can probably wangle Queens Club.  Lots of options for the other two in the UK when grass starts up.

To be one of the 128 players to qualify for a grand slam tournament, a player can go with one of these three options; Being ranked inside the 104 best players in the world in the ATP ranking, by qualifiers or getting a tournament wildcard.

https://tennispredict.com/how-tennis-players-qualifies-for-grand-slams/#:~:text=How%20To%20Qualify%20For%20The%20Qualifiers%3A%20In%20order,are%20128%20players%20qualifying%20for%20the%20grand%20slams.

Yeah seems that way, I had it in my head it was less than 90, though now think that was Masters tournaments.

Pretty mad how Alcaraz is progressing.  I was thinking I'd take over evens against Djokovic, and they both started around evens.   nHe is 1/2 against Zverev tomorrow, and only behind Nadal for the French Open.  Guess they would be closer if he had a better draw?

If you fancy he can repeat it all on grass, he is 10/1 for Wimbledon. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 08, 2022, 01:31:16 AM »

Think he'll have to go through qualifying for Paris.  Same with Heather Watson and Harriet Dart.  Need to be aiming at a ranking of less than 90, and none of them got there.  Many of the injured will rock up fot first round prize money, allegedly.

Should be easier soon enough.  They'll all get wild cards for Wimbledon and Draper can probably wangle Queens Club.  Lots of options for the other two in the UK when grass starts up.

Yeah seems that way, I had it in my head it was less than 90, though now think that was Masters tournaments.

Pretty mad how Alcaraz is progressing.  I was thinking I'd take over evens against Djokovic, and they both started around evens.   nHe is 1/2 against Zverev tomorrow, and only behind Nadal for the French Open.  Guess they would be closer if he had a better draw?

he wont break into the top 4 before Paris so will meet a top 4 player in the QF where Nadal wont meet one until SF (though they could possible meet in QF) so Nadal's draw on paper will be easier.
there are a few players in there early 20s coming through now will be good to see the changing of the guard over the next 18 months. Mind you it was 7 years ago camel asked if Nadal would win another major think he won one or 2 since that thread was started. http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65662.0

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 08, 2022, 02:02:47 PM »

he wont break into the top 4 before Paris so will meet a top 4 player in the QF where Nadal wont meet one until SF (though they could possible meet in QF) so Nadal's draw on paper will be easier.
there are a few players in there early 20s coming through now will be good to see the changing of the guard over the next 18 months. Mind you it was 7 years ago camel asked if Nadal would win another major think he won one or 2 since that thread was started. http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65662.0

Yeah, that was my point on the draw.   Amazing Nadal looked to be gone back then. He is probably holding up better than Djokovic now, and clearly holding up better than Murray and Federer.  Djokovic seems to have made a big mistake with his vax stance, as it is already May and he probably isn't near his normal level.  Can't be long now for them all now tho.

Sonay Kartal just won another W25.  She has gone from 800+ to near 300 in no time this year.   She should be on for a wild card at Wimbledon with that progress? 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2022, 01:11:39 AM »

any word on Edmunds coming back? He is young enough to be able to get back to top 20 i think

I looked the other day.  Seems like he is getting fit enough by his Instagram, but couldn't see anything reliable on his state of health or comeback dates.   We could have 5 in the top 100 men if he does get back.  Maybe even Broady too?  Don't know how long since we have had 5. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61396349

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 15, 2022, 11:35:07 PM »

qualifiers for the french start tomorrow, think Watson, Dart and Draper all got it with there rankings taken a few weeks ago. Potapova is in the Qualifiers despite being ranked 79 she had a win end of April so seems to fit.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 16, 2022, 09:35:44 AM »

qualifiers for the french start tomorrow, think Watson, Dart and Draper all got it with there rankings taken a few weeks ago. Potapova is in the Qualifiers despite being ranked 79 she had a win end of April so seems to fit.

Good stuff. 

I saw Donna Vekic in the qualifiers which surprised me as I thought she was ranked higher.  Just checked, and she is above Dart and Watson, so assume she timed her run of form badly.

Sonay Kartal won again at the weekend.  She has won 4 ITF w25s this season, and only lost 2 matches.  Her game isn't near the level of Radacanu's, but she is on fire.  You'd give her a Wimbledon wild card above some higher ranked Brits bimbling about the 200s?  A couple of those might be in for a nasty surprise if Watson and Dart can't stay where they are in the rankings and take two wild cards. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 16, 2022, 12:43:15 PM »

i think Kartal should easy get a wildcard as would Jones (just a year older and inside top 200) i am sure a few years ago the LTA said they would be limiting the number of wildcards the journeymen brits would get in there careers as some players seasons were paid for by wimbledon 1st round wildcard each year and also the upper age bracket a wildcard could be (somewhere in mid 20s)

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 16, 2022, 12:44:14 PM »

PS just seen Robson officially retire i didnt realise she was only 28 seems to have been out of the game for years though

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 16, 2022, 12:59:35 PM »

PS just seen Robson officially retire i didnt realise she was only 28 seems to have been out of the game for years though

Aw, I knew she was still young, but have seen her hoping to come back over the years. Guess she has been missing 5 years now, so understandable. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 16, 2022, 02:16:24 PM »

Jack Draper isn't playing the French Open after all; injured.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 16, 2022, 02:29:53 PM »

Jack Draper isn't playing the French Open after all; injured.

nae good bu grass starting soon hopefully he will be fit

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2022, 09:27:24 PM »

BBC totally confusing me saying 6 brits in the main draw then only naming 5

The defeats mean there will be no more Britons joining the six already in the Roland Garros main draw.

World number 11 Cameron Norrie is the top-ranked Briton in the French Open main draw.

He is joined by Dan Evans in the men's draw, with Emma Raducanu, Heather Watson and Harriet Dart competing in the women's competition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61495385

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: