blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:53:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93178 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 12, 2023, 06:24:42 PM »

This week is Nottingham.  Don't know what has happened to Dan Evans, but Murray seems to have replaced him as top seed.  Hopefully he'll still be around on Sunday, but even a win isn't enough for a seeding at Wimbledon.

The British girls seemed to do as well in qualifying for a WTA event as I can remember with 4 of them making it through. 

Boulter is current UK number 1, but may only last a week. 6 players could finish the week as UK number 1, including the much maligned Heather Watson.  Watson has already won in the first round, having come through qualifying.  Even Raducanu could be back at number 1, as Boulter loses points this week.   

Barring Raducanu, the others could all earn direct entry to Wimbledon, though think all 5 plays Kartal (over Miyazaki?) get wildcards to round 1.  It would obviously be helpful to Miyazaki and Jones if one or two of the others qualify for Wimbledon.  Presumably one wildcard goes to Venus Williams and I don't know who else is lurking and hoping for one.

Looks like Dart and Watson are (hoping to be) playing doubles at Wimbledon too, as they are playing together at Nottingham.  Maybe Watson isn't planning on dropping out from tennis quite so soon?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 12, 2023, 08:39:37 PM »

"Hopefully he'll still be around on Sunday, but even a win isn't enough for a seeding at Wimbledon."

a win and a decent performance at Queens could get him there, or is seeding set before Queens? i thought it was after and before Eastbourne

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 13, 2023, 12:08:59 AM »

"Hopefully he'll still be around on Sunday, but even a win isn't enough for a seeding at Wimbledon."

a win and a decent performance at Queens could get him there, or is seeding set before Queens? i thought it was after and before Eastbourne

He is defending points from Stuttgart last year so it this week it is about maintaining those points and then he can win some at Queens next week. Maybe quarter final needed or even semi in the 500 event?

Interesting he chose the challenger rather than going to Stuttgart again this year. It is a weak field down there, but I am happy to see Nick K back!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2023, 03:55:33 PM »

It looks like we are very likely to have at least one British girl in the final of the Nottingham Open on Sunday.  Dart, Boulter and Watson are all in to the quarter finals in the bottom half of the draw together with Golubic (who was beaten by Boulter in Surbiton).

So we are likely to see somebody in the top 100, and a possible first WTA title for Dart or Boulter.  If Burrage can win now, all the seeds will be out, and the whole tournament has opened up.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2023, 05:44:56 PM »

It looks like we are very likely to have at least one British girl in the final of the Nottingham Open on Sunday.  Dart, Boulter and Watson are all in to the quarter finals in the bottom half of the draw together with Golubic (who was beaten by Boulter in Surbiton).

So we are likely to see somebody in the top 100, and a possible first WTA title for Dart or Boulter.  If Burrage can win now, all the seeds will be out, and the whole tournament has opened up.

And Jodie Burrage wins too.

We are the greatest tennis nation in the World all of a sudden...  Mad that none of them were good enough to get in the main draw (might be wrong with Burrage, as she seemed to get in without a wild card, so it was probably calculated on her points before she lost last year's Surbiton results).

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 16, 2023, 06:16:17 PM »

And Jodie Burrage wins too.

We are the greatest tennis nation in the World all of a sudden...  Mad that none of them were good enough to get in the main draw (might be wrong with Burrage, as she seemed to get in without a wild card, so it was probably calculated on her points before she lost last year's Surbiton results).

And 3 out of 4 in the semis, and chances of an all British final with all the really dangerous players gone. 

There is going to be a British pair in the women's doubles final too.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 16, 2023, 06:46:26 PM »

just need paddy or skybet to offer 25/1 a british women's winner of wimbledon now to suck all the mugs in!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 16, 2023, 07:11:17 PM »

just need paddy or skybet to offer 25/1 a british women's winner of wimbledon now to suck all the mugs in!

And they'd still only lay you 80p.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 16, 2023, 08:58:19 PM »

entry rankings all ready fixed for Wimbledon Burrage is 9th alternate and might get in without a wildcard but she will be the only one (Emma is 5th on list)  rest will all be looking for wildcards

https://www.wimbledon.com/pdf/update/referees/2023/LS_Entries.pdf

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 16, 2023, 09:31:37 PM »

Norrie and Murray are teaming up in the doubles for Queens next week. Or they are entered IF Andy wins tomorrow will he still want to put his body through the singles and doubles?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 16, 2023, 09:51:51 PM »

Is the queens singles entry list out yet?  Used to be the best non masters series event of the year for me 15+ years ago.  Dropped off massively since then.   Bar Federer they virtually all turned up to play it.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 16, 2023, 10:14:27 PM »

https://www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/queens

Just realised the best darts rankings site online is also as good for tennis entries!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 17, 2023, 11:34:27 AM »

Paddy Power are 500/1 Katie Boulter.  Katie Swan and Jodie Burrage were only 200/1, not really sure why that is.  Think Boulter is better than both.  Can get the same at Shy and Betfair.  

Probably a bad price, but got to gamble at 1/2 first 2.  

Edit.  They laid me £2.50 e/w and Shy £2 e/w FWIW. Can get the same price on Alize Cornet, so I did.  Feels like you have to go with current grass form at these prices.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 11:40:25 AM by Doobs » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 17, 2023, 11:44:50 AM »

Is anyone around Nottingham tomorrow?  Missus is ill so might have a spare ticket.  It is due to rain on and off and I'll have the kids with me.  Starts at 11. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 17, 2023, 12:55:03 PM »

https://www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/queens

Just realised the best darts rankings site online is also as good for tennis entries!

yeah was running a beta for the women's as well last season but it stopped all of a sudden

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: