blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 358897 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: April 09, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »

Interesting article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52226482

In breach of EU law, maybe they’ll kick us out.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 09, 2020, 10:39:16 AM »

Interesting article:

It is interesting, but on a technicallity, "...However, in the 1990s, Brussels agreed that the UK could maintain the ways and means facility until it decided to adopt the euro....", so it's use is still legit anyway Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 09, 2020, 11:23:49 AM »

Interesting article:

I have a feeling the EU will have much bigger financial problems to worry about than our arrangements in this crisis.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 09, 2020, 11:28:44 AM »

Interesting article:

It is interesting, but on a technicallity, "...However, in the 1990s, Brussels agreed that the UK could maintain the ways and means facility until it decided to adopt the euro....", so it's use is still legit anyway Cheesy

Good morning

I was tongue in cheek, I would assume they give nations carte blanche to do as they see fit in a spot like this anyway, similar to 2008.

Since you brought up the euro...I guess this crisis is brings us a little closer to the date we sign up.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 09, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »

Interesting article:

Good morning

I was tongue in cheek, I would assume they give nations carte blanche to do as they see fit in a spot like this anyway, similar to 2008.

Since you brought up the euro...I guess this crisis is brings us a little closer to the date we sign up.

I would have thought it would increase the divergent pressure on the European economies and put the Euro under more pressure.

The Euro has achieved a certain stability but I think more subsidising from countries like Germany and France to countries like Spain and Italy might be needed to keep it that way after this.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 09, 2020, 11:47:05 AM »

Interesting article:

Good morning

I would have thought it would increase the divergent pressure on the European economies and put the Euro under more pressure.

The Euro has achieved a certain stability but I think more subsidising from countries like Germany and France to countries like Spain and Italy might be needed to keep it that way after this.

They are having a pretty big falling out over it at the moment. I think they value the bloc highly enough to ensure it survives, it will be pretty much a maxed out stress test. If it does survive and our economy is in tatters, might be an interesting time. I’m thinking longish term, like if/when we fully rejoin.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 09, 2020, 11:47:15 AM »

I am trying to stay home as much as possible but every tuesday morning i get a call from local hospital check how i am and then go in for treatment
I live at home with my mother we dont have a massive freezer by the time we have a few items like fish/chicken etc and chips in it we dont have room for bread for 2 people for 1 week
we get a deliver once a week for most things including milk and bread but i go out twice a week to pick up fresh meet fresh bread and milk (cause i haven't got a massive fridge freezer)
lucky for me the local shop and butcher will bring stuff out to my car for me only place i need to go into is the chemist as they are so busy they aren't able to answer phone everytime
yes i need to go in twice a week as both my mum and i take 8 paracetamol a day and you can only get 64 at anyone visit + prescriptions

If you can speak to your Dr he could change this. I'm on Zapain and was only allowed 100 on prescription and take up to 8 a day so they didn't last long. I asked for a call from my usual Dr as one of the receptionists said 100 was the max and he immediately changed it to 300 for the next 4 months and also prescribed 2 rescue packs for COPD.

You might already be doing this but if not, if Scotland have myhealthonline, ask your Dr to register you and your mum, that way you can do your requests online and also ask your surgery to send them to the chemist of your choice. Find a pharmacy who are easy to get hold of on the phone and do a delivery service. I was with a big chemist chain, it could take 3 days to get them to answer the phone and was a bit of a mare. I now have a small independent one who collects the prescription and when I ring to check they have collected it they tell me when they can deliver it, usually the same day. It's made such a difference.

Also if you apply for your prescription 7 working days in front of when they are due you can get ahead of things, it's much less stressful. It sounds a bad thing to do but over time gaining a months supply of your meds to hand should a prescription get lost or fall into a black hole is very useful.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 11:58:07 AM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 09, 2020, 12:50:14 PM »

I am trying to stay home as much as possible but every tuesday morning i get a call from local hospital check how i am and then go in for treatment
I live at home with my mother we dont have a massive freezer by the time we have a few items like fish/chicken etc and chips in it we dont have room for bread for 2 people for 1 week
we get a deliver once a week for most things including milk and bread but i go out twice a week to pick up fresh meet fresh bread and milk (cause i haven't got a massive fridge freezer)
lucky for me the local shop and butcher will bring stuff out to my car for me only place i need to go into is the chemist as they are so busy they aren't able to answer phone everytime
yes i need to go in twice a week as both my mum and i take 8 paracetamol a day and you can only get 64 at anyone visit + prescriptions

If you can speak to your Dr he could change this. I'm on Zapain and was only allowed 100 on prescription and take up to 8 a day so they didn't last long. I asked for a call from my usual Dr as one of the receptionists said 100 was the max and he immediately changed it to 300 for the next 4 months and also prescribed 2 rescue packs for COPD.
i prefer to pay for my paracetamol by the time you count the  admin fees and etc 100 paracetamol costs the NHS nearly £10

You might already be doing this but if not, if Scotland have myhealthonline, ask your Dr to register you and your mum, that way you can do your requests online and also ask your surgery to send them to the chemist of your choice. Find a pharmacy who are easy to get hold of on the phone and do a delivery service. I was with a big chemist chain, it could take 3 days to get them to answer the phone and was a bit of a mare. I now have a small independent one who collects the prescription and when I ring to check they have collected it they tell me when they can deliver it, usually the same day. It's made such a difference.

my mother gets a 12 month CMS that gets all her precriptions once a month for 12 months
i am supposed to be moving onto this but its all been  delayed till after the pandemic
i live 10 miles from my doctors
my local chemist is 12 miles from doctors (2 miles from me) and doesn't pick up from my health centre or delivers
all other chemists pick up from the health centre as they are all in same town as the health centre but dont deliver out this far
i could move to a newish health centre but been at the current one since 1977
Also if you apply for your prescription 7 working days in front of when they are due you can get ahead of things, it's much less stressful. It sounds a bad thing to do but over time gaining a months supply of your meds to hand should a prescription get lost or fall into a black hole is very useful.

i always have 2-3 weeks supply of most things in stock but sometime i go through more things and run down but i have never YET ran out of anything in the 30 years of being disabled

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 09, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »

Was going to recommend a pre-payment certificate but didn't realise they don't have them in Scotland. Ridic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

Shameful scenes.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 09, 2020, 02:10:23 PM »

Was going to recommend a pre-payment certificate but didn't realise they don't have them in Scotland. Ridic.

Shameful scenes.

free prescription in scotland
i used to get a script for a year then ssafa got me them free anyway as i was forces

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 09, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »

Shameful scenes.

I didn't know that either :-( 

It seems to be swings and roundabouts as to which country you live in, in England you pay for prescriptions, in Wales you don't but some drugs, I know of one for Cancer but can't remember the name you can get on the NHS in England but not in Wales. There was a bit of an uproar about that when it came to light a couple of years ago.

Dr's are under pressure in Wales about dispensing items like paracetamol which are cheap to buy and usually tell patients to get them over the counter and won't prescribe them which is fair enough.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 09, 2020, 03:13:41 PM »

Just been talking about that and amazed at the numbers particularly police being called out to " 494 house parties - some with DJs, fireworks and bouncy castles - and 166 street parties" over a 4 day period.

Hope it prompts the release of the same numbers for the rest of the country and not just greater manchester.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1287 on: April 09, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »

Is it too late to change your isolation partner? (Asking for a friend)

The older I get, the better I was.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 09, 2020, 03:54:16 PM »

Just been talking about that and amazed at the numbers particularly police being called out to " 494 house parties - some with DJs, fireworks and bouncy castles - and 166 street parties" over a 4 day period.

Hope it prompts the release of the same numbers for the rest of the country and not just greater manchester.

Would imagine it'd be about the same in all big cities. Wankers.

Rumour is it's being extended by a month. Not sure how reliable the sauce is though.

Almost another 900 RIP in the past 24 hours. Desperate stuff.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 09, 2020, 04:07:52 PM »

Is it too late to change your isolation partner? (Asking for a friend)

swap with you

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: