blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 359279 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: April 09, 2020, 04:09:03 PM »

Just been talking about that and amazed at the numbers particularly police being called out to " 494 house parties - some with DJs, fireworks and bouncy castles - and 166 street parties" over a 4 day period.

Hope it prompts the release of the same numbers for the rest of the country and not just greater manchester.

Would imagine it'd be about the same in all big cities. Wankers.

Rumour is it's being extended by a month. Not sure how reliable the sauce is though.

Almost another 900 RIP in the past 24 hours. Desperate stuff.

i think its odds on the sauce is HP

but the source would be likely true

yes my turn to be a pedant

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 09, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »

It's been bizarre how the journalists have just repeatedly asked variants of the same question over and over again every day - is the lockdown ending soon?/is the lockdown going on for a long time?

Apart from the obvious that they've said all along (and repeated every time) that they can't tell until they've seen the data - as soon as the government makes any hint that restrictions might be lifted, less people will abide by them.

And as soon as they make a hint that the restrictions will go on for a long time, less people will abide by them.

That's why they can't even talk about it to try and get the best outcome.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 09, 2020, 05:08:44 PM »

Nothing there from Raab that's going to stop the partygoers this weekend. Guy is an utter waste of space.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 09, 2020, 05:19:52 PM »

Nothing there from Raab that's going to stop the partygoers this weekend. Guy is an utter waste of space.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/apr/02/shoot-them-dead-extreme-covid-19-lockdown-policing-around-the-world-video-report
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 09, 2020, 05:25:27 PM »

Zero chance any UK Government can win this one.

You want all the freedoms during the good times you have to accept the soft approach when it's shit.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 09, 2020, 05:26:52 PM »

You want all the freedoms during the good times you have to accept the soft approach when it's shit.

Button it, labour would be awesome hands down versus evil Boris if you ask some!  
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 09, 2020, 06:38:27 PM »

Button it, labour would be awesome hands down versus evil Boris if you ask some!  

Pretty sure kukushkin would run the whole operation perfectly. He’s never wrong about anything, ever. Then again, he probably wouldn’t want to waste too much of his time on it.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 09, 2020, 06:59:37 PM »

Is it too late to change your isolation partner? (Asking for Mrs Red)

FYP

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 09, 2020, 07:00:14 PM »

Pretty sure kukushkin would run the whole operation perfectly. He’s never wrong about anything, ever. Then again, he probably wouldn’t want to waste too much of his time on it.

Good evening

It’s funny that you’ve still got butthurt about that. What you wrote was silly, so I thought it was a good idea to be clear that I wasn’t going to waste much time on it. I’m wrong really quite a bit. I post about it here often. I think not being precious about being right or wrong is a really positive attribute, so I’m always keen to look for evidence that my current thinking is wrong and I always acknowledge it when I find it.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 09, 2020, 07:21:12 PM »

Good evening

It’s funny that you’ve still got butthurt about that. What you wrote was silly, so I thought it was a good idea to be clear that I wasn’t going to waste much time on it. I’m wrong really quite a bit. I post about it here often. I think not being precious about being right or wrong is a really positive attribute, so I’m always keen to look for evidence that my current thinking is wrong and I always acknowledge it when I find it.

I’ve never been wrong, apart from that one time when I thought I’d made a mistake and it turned out that I hadn’t  Grin

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 09, 2020, 07:37:42 PM »

Harsh on the Raab. The job is to get up there and say nothing.. he does this acceptably and politely. The questioning is utterly pointless and terrible. Were you hoping he'd announce the army would be out shooting on sight.

Reckon it's time to lock away the vulnerables and let everyone sub 40 go about their business. The vulnerables are indoors until a vaccine anyway and the sub 40s don't die too much.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 09, 2020, 07:44:04 PM »

Good news breaking on the father of the nation. Hopefully he'll be out soon

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 09, 2020, 07:50:00 PM »

Easter message from Madz

https://twitter.com/Madz_Grant/status/1248319206552219653?s=19

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 09, 2020, 08:10:26 PM »

I’d forgotten about that stumbling tackle (toward the top of the replies), so good 😂.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 09, 2020, 08:37:38 PM »

I’d forgotten about that stumbling tackle (toward the top of the replies), so good 😂.

Haha, apparently he' a great tennis player though

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: