blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353929 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2850 on: July 14, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »

I was out doing my weekly shop today and pretty surprised to see no more than 10% wearing masks in Asda, Hyson Green.

I was expecting to see more like 50%.

I'd be expecting 50% in August, to be fair.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: July 14, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »

I was out doing my weekly shop today and pretty surprised to see no more than 10% wearing masks in Asda, Hyson Green.

Not in Hyson Green!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: July 14, 2020, 07:49:37 PM »

Not in Hyson Green!

Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 14, 2020, 11:06:18 PM »

Good old Don.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 15, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »

I’m more surprised that you were in Asda!
Always had you down as a Waitrose man.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: July 15, 2020, 03:17:13 PM »

Asda currently have 1L bottles of Tanqueray for £20 Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2856 on: July 15, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »

I thought you were a wine man Ralph?

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: July 15, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »

I thought you were a wine man Ralph?

I packed in the wine a couple of years ago Tom as I was getting way too tubby.

I'm now a G&T man followed by a glass of beer/cider.

After which I can kick off my kicks with a triple-somersault.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: July 16, 2020, 05:04:27 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-hospitals-face-icu-bed-shortage-state-passes-300-000-n1233899

Florida going mental. Got a NWO plandemic denier next door that posted some pic about all 100% tests and trying to tell us Florida just reporting every test as positive, and was about 500 tests, but they did about 50k tests according to worldometers, and he's onto the next thing now because nobody has died in Newcastle there is no Pandemic, and the deaths are taking a break until it resumse on July 24th  Roll Eyes

Draining reading it from one person, I'm glad I don't spend much time on Twitter.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 16, 2020, 09:36:52 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-hospitals-face-icu-bed-shortage-state-passes-300-000-n1233899

Florida going mental. Got a NWO plandemic denier next door that posted some pic about all 100% tests and trying to tell us Florida just reporting every test as positive, and was about 500 tests, but they did about 50k tests according to worldometers, and he's onto the next thing now because nobody has died in Newcastle there is no Pandemic, and the deaths are taking a break until it resumse on July 24th  Roll Eyes

Draining reading it from one person, I'm glad I don't spend much time on Twitter.

You just have to take comfort that these people are in the minority and usually have small platforms.  It is also good for us that the likes of Texas and Florida are showing that 2nd waves are possible and we get some kind of advanced warning of what could happen; we've been here before though, right. 

On a more positive side, deaths per infection do seem to be dropping.  Some of it is down to a younger infected population, but there do seem to be noticeable improvements in treatment, and it also helps that our hospitals are not overun.

Also on a personal level, recruitment agents have been contacting me again.  Not a single one contacted me between mid/end February and the start of July, and 4 have contacted me in the past week or so.  Hopefully if I get some new work it won't correspond with a surge in Covid infections.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 16, 2020, 03:03:32 PM »

You just have to take comfort that these people are in the minority and usually have small platforms.  It is also good for us that the likes of Texas and Florida are showing that 2nd waves are possible and we get some kind of advanced warning of what could happen; we've been here before though, right. 

On a more positive side, deaths per infection do seem to be dropping.  Some of it is down to a younger infected population, but there do seem to be noticeable improvements in treatment, and it also helps that our hospitals are not overun.

Also on a personal level, recruitment agents have been contacting me again.  Not a single one contacted me between mid/end February and the start of July, and 4 have contacted me in the past week or so.  Hopefully if I get some new work it won't correspond with a surge in Covid infections.

Yeah, they don't half make some noise, and the one on our forum is relentless. Would be better on Stormfront & Icke's forum if his site has one.

I saw the Oxford people are hopeful with their trials, the medicine may have double effects, so it could work even if antibodies drop off. Hopefully treatment moves quickly, as we'll be back to normal before summer is over, I would imagine.

I've been super quiet since Feb, and one of my brokers hasn't sent me a case in months, which isn't great. Been busier this month, though it takes a while to trickle down as I'm  having to work out payments with them etc.

Hoepfully you can pick something decent up, and things stay reasonable sensible, too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 16, 2020, 05:06:08 PM »

Yeah, they don't half make some noise, and the one on our forum is relentless. Would be better on Stormfront & Icke's forum if his site has one.

I saw the Oxford people are hopeful with their trials, the medicine may have double effects, so it could work even if antibodies drop off. Hopefully treatment moves quickly, as we'll be back to normal before summer is over, I would imagine.

I've been super quiet since Feb, and one of my brokers hasn't sent me a case in months, which isn't great. Been busier this month, though it takes a while to trickle down as I'm  having to work out payments with them etc.

Hoepfully you can pick something decent up, and things stay reasonable sensible, too.

Hope you start trundling along with the cases near normal sometime soon.   Would be crap if they find a decent treatment and neither of us can afford to go to Vegas.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 16, 2020, 05:42:53 PM »

I get the inside line on the brokers as my old man is one for the same firm, and they've all had to defer portions of income for the foreseeable, while the company secured a government loan, but hopefully by end of summer things will get back to some form of normal.

I've moved my flight to December, and managed to get 4 weeks of hotels for ~$700 Cheesy

Wouldn't be surprised if I ended up sacking that off and just going in 2021, though. Shame, as I had a week in a penthouse at MB for $240!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 17, 2020, 09:28:30 PM »

Ignore the science, and use the science, in the same clip.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 20, 2020, 11:55:44 PM »

Ignore the science, and use the science, in the same clip.

My head hurt just watching that.

Some good news out of all this, the Daily Mail has annnounced there will be a vaccine for Christmas.  Kids will be a bit pissed off, but I should save a decent amount of money.   

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: