blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:58:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 354058 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2020, 09:42:19 PM »

Who’s gonna be first to have a moan up after all that support offered by the government? Come on don’t let me down!

What a case you are - never failing to demonstrate your lack of self-awareness.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2020, 04:15:35 AM »

Who’s gonna be first to have a moan up after all that support offered by the government? Come on don’t let me down!

What a case you are - never failing to demonstrate your lack of self-awareness.

Button it trappy.....for some people including you even giving the world away wouldn’t be good enough if it was done by a conservative government which brings into question your self awareness.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2020, 07:39:03 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51929628

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »

No support for freelancers/self-employed/gig-economy types, renters etc. Guess some can get JSA/universal credit & housing benefit but others might not be able to.

This basically.

Rent a house? Get paying as normal. Own said rented house? Enjoy your rent and mortgage holiday.

Own a small business? Sucks to be you with no income for the coming months. But here have a loan so that if and when things are back to normal you have more debt to pay off.

Blue text
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2020, 09:18:51 AM »

No support for freelancers/self-employed/gig-economy types, renters etc. Guess some can get JSA/universal credit & housing benefit but others might not be able to.

This basically.

Rent a house? Get paying as normal. Own said rented house? Enjoy your rent and mortgage holiday.

Own a small business? Sucks to be you with no income for the coming months. But here have a loan so that if and when things are back to normal you have more debt to pay off.

It’s on the cards I reckon, you can see they are adjusting as needs be, plus I think govts just like to stagger decisions rather than fire all their bullets in one go. Not sure about the second point really, it’s tricky to just give out free money everywhere as there is a balance to be had between helping people and bankrupting the country.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2020, 09:27:54 AM »

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2020, 09:29:45 AM »

This basically.

Lol

He obviously needs to do something for renters who lose their jobs, but the mortgage holidays are for those who need it.
I can't see the banks offering it on BTL mortgages with out proof of hardship.

Its a lot easier and quicker for them to arrange the mortgage holiday offer with the banks than arrangements for the payments to the 2.5 million UK landlords.
Don't forget the overall principle here is to keep the money moving, lend companies money, to try and minimise layoffs.

Own a small business? What would you prefer no business or a chance to keep it running? Not many moaners do well with small businesses anyway.

Don't forget people, this is just the start!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2020, 09:31:47 AM »

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2020, 09:56:43 AM »

This basically.

Lol

He obviously needs to do something for renters who lose their jobs, but the mortgage holidays are for those who need it.
I can't see the banks offering it on BTL mortgages with out proof of hardship.

Its a lot easier and quicker for them to arrange the mortgage holiday offer with the banks than arrangements for the payments to the 2.5 million UK landlords.
Don't forget the overall principle here is to keep the money moving, lend companies money, to try and minimise layoffs.

Own a small business? What would you prefer no business or a chance to keep it running? Not many moaners do well with small businesses anyway.

Don't forget people, this is just the start!

Hopefully there is more to come. And I'm not saying what we've got isn't a start. But at the same time I think it fair to call out some of the things currently missing.

Blue text
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2020, 09:58:44 AM »

So hardly any UK schools have closed from day 1 that's over 8 million sticky kids, younger ones know for spreading bugs like wild fire.. add associated parents..add people who are going about their business as normal.. lets say 20 million people arguments sake..

Question : with an incubation period of 4 days and 20 million people wandering around, why has there not been a huge explosion of cases ? tens of thousands should be affected by now..dropping like flies.. yet 0.003% of the population have been diagnosed for a virus with a 98% recovery rate

Either its not easily as communicable as they say or the media have panicked us into its like the end of the world

How about we take a moment look at the actual facts and not the scaremongering reports.. take sensible precautions and resume normal life

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »

So hardly any UK schools have closed from day 1 that's over 8 million sticky kids, younger ones know for spreading bugs like wild fire.. add associated parents..add people who are going about their business as normal.. lets say 20 million people arguments sake..

Question : with an incubation period of 4 days and 20 million people wandering around, why has there not been a huge explosion of cases ? tens of thousands should be affected by now..dropping like flies.. yet 0.003% of the population have been diagnosed for a virus with a 98% recovery rate

Either its not easily as communicable as they say or the media have panicked us into its like the end of the world

How about we take a moment look at the actual facts and not the scaremongering reports.. take sensible precautions and resume normal life

As who say?

The transmission rate is the r naught value if you want to look up what 'they' say Smiley

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »

I think part of the problem is they don't know how many people have it as they effect it has on people varies massively.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2020, 10:18:41 AM »

deaths are doubling every 2-3 days the spread is real
the number of people with this virus is way over the number of confirmed cases because people are not getting tested unless they are patient in hospital

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 18, 2020, 10:31:47 AM »

deaths are doubling every 2-3 days the spread is real
the number of people with this virus is way over the number of confirmed cases because people are not getting tested unless they are patient in hospital

So we are guessing at numbers ? if you say is true and say 100,000 people have it with a 2% mortality rate that should be 2000 dead.. we have 70 odd.. need to get some context..

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2020, 10:33:36 AM »

I think part of the problem is they don't know how many people have it as they effect it has on people varies massively.

varies massively ?? the majority have flu like symptoms for a few days and are fine.. we know exactly how it affects people

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: