blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:17:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353765 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: March 24, 2020, 08:06:24 PM »

has the gov set up the furloughed workers scheme cant find the application anywhere

No details available on this yet.
It would appear that no applications are needed.
Once the HMRC portal is set up, HMRC arent known for their speed or efficiency, then the employer enters the details of all furloughed staff and the payment is then made to them.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 24, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »

Bank meeting today re CBIL

It wasnt a negative meeting but they made it clear they dont want us to top up peoples wages, slow down payments to all suppliers etc

I get it but it feels like your going against the spirit of keeping everything flowing.

Overloaded with applications so 2 weeks minimum before anything is approved. Normal credit processes adhered to. That's not to say they wont help along the way if they are reasonably happy with the proposal.

Still not sure this is going to work for a lot of people.

Fun times

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 24, 2020, 10:27:04 PM »

time to panic buy

https://twitter.com/STVNews/status/1242569881398185985?s=09&fbclid=IwAR23d8gIykmyL7omYl4809kaSw6rZFz9PtSvkQC3sKE-KT_HxpM-H6W2r3s

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 24, 2020, 10:41:03 PM »

Pòl Gallchnó
Replying to
@STVNews
I've never met anybody who drank this stuff who wasn't somebody you would try to avoid.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 24, 2020, 10:46:06 PM »

In March I had declined an opportunity to go to a 3/4+ day festival. The travel and hotels had become too much and the Coronavirus had started to become a thing in the UK and in Belgum (where the festival was) had, I think, a dozen or so cases. The festival is somewhat intimate, full of the normal boozy antics too.

At the start of the week running up to it I had decided to post on Instagram that I believed it would not be inthe best interest for this event to happen, and if it did happen, then to avoid. Especially for those vulnerable.

Of course, despite the concern of the whole world, it went ahead. They had simply posted they would put more hand wash in. That without doubt was the go-ahead for many to go. They had paid there money and the majority forced themselves to go.

Of course 5000+ attendees in a intimate and boozy atmosphere - The inevitable happens. If there was 5 confirmed cases of it, then what's the likely real number of cases? And of course to add to the number of cases, 1 person had died, suspect at picking it up at that event.

It's just an example of greed - It shouldn't have happened. Should you hold those responsible to account? They could have cancelled and/or postphoned. I think it has played on my mind a little, that it could have been me or any of my friends. All for the sake of a small loss, if any, due to insurance.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 25, 2020, 03:16:26 PM »

Lee Mack picked up the virus after attending cheltenham last week

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/coronavirus-lee-mack-prince-charles-21753118

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 25, 2020, 03:18:09 PM »

i have opened a book on who will be the first to come up with a not going out joke

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 25, 2020, 03:59:47 PM »

i have opened a book on who will be the first to come up with a not going out joke

You win

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 25, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »

China is finally relaxing restrictions after 2 months.  Nightclubs , KTV bars and live music venues are allowed to Reopen .
This does not mean people are rushing to come out and party ,most Chinese are still very concerned and worried about large groups but it is a start of us hopefully seeing some normality restored

I really don’t know how most businesses  will survive as the only real relief available  is rent relief by government owned buildings.  Private landlords unfortunately don’t want to give any rent relief.  

Also border restrictions are really tightened up and the fear of foreigners now spreading the virus has heightened. A lot of hotels and and golf courses are refusing foreign guests.

That being said I feel China is possibly the safest place in the world now  and understand the new measures been taken to contain any new outbreaks  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:18:36 PM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 25, 2020, 07:29:19 PM »

China is finally relaxing restrictions after 2 months.  Nightclubs , KTV bars and live music venues are allowed to Reopen .
This does not mean people are rushing to come out and party ,most Chinese are still very concerned and worried about large groups but it is a start of us hopefully seeing some normality restored

I really don’t know how most businesses  will survive as the only real relief available  is rent relief by government owned buildings.  Private landlords unfortunately don’t want to give any rent relief.  

Also border restrictions are really tightened up and the fear of foreigners now spreading the virus has heightened. A lot of hotels and and golf courses are refusing foreign guests.

That being said I feel China is possibly the safest place in the world now  and understand the new measures been taken to contain any new outbreaks  

Thanks for the update Craig, from both the other side of the world and hopefully the other side of the coronavirus too.

No golf here Sad

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #760 on: March 25, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »

Day 4 of social distancing: Struck up a conversation with a spider today. Seems nice. He's a web designer.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 25, 2020, 09:57:56 PM »

Day 4 of social distancing: Struck up a conversation with a spider today. Seems nice. He's a web designer.

That’s not been doing the rounds much today.....honestly  Wink
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 25, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »

Just ordered a lump from a takeaway with as much precaution as possible getting the food in, do we think the risk is reasonable if we are avoiding touching the external packaging?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 26, 2020, 12:41:34 AM »

Just ordered a lump from a takeaway with as much precaution as possible getting the food in, do we think the risk is reasonable if we are avoiding touching the external packaging?

I have read in many outlets that the maximum time that the virus can survive on an object is 48 hours. Not helpful in your case, but maybe for people receiving items through the post. But this is a worry when shopping too, how many times has someone touched the item you're going to pick up?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 26, 2020, 12:47:59 AM »

The last week has pretty much seen the very best in business and the absolute worst. Is anyone thinking of boycotting any business?

Wetherspoons *DID* say they won't pay staff for a period of time, but they seem to have now changed that after the outrage. But I personally will try and avoid the place and I must eat there a couple of dozen times a year.

EasyJet/Virgin said they wouldn't pay staff for 8 weeks+

Many food outlets gave free food to NHS workers - Mcdonalds, Greggs, Starbucks, Care Nero etc

Hotel football (Gary Neville) - Full pay for staff and Hotel used for public services

Add your own
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: