blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353851 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 26, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »

A significant percentage of the public still don't see to get the social distancing message. They are either ignorant, don't give a damn or just thick as pig shit.

I take the dog out every day and avoid our local park but do walk around the perimeter of it. A lot of people walking way closer than 2 metres past each other there (passing very close to each other), people sat on the grass as if its a bank holiday. I saw 8 groups of builders doing work on houses and at least half were within a metre of each other as I walked past. Heard there was a group playing cricket together not far from us.

I generally try to walk on the back streets in the suburbs to stay away from these lunatics. I have had occasional runners that are quite happy to run towards you passing at very close distance unless I stepped to one side.

Its fucking weird.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 26, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »

Thick as pig shit and ignorant, would be my guess.

My brother is a self-employed builder, and he has put all his work off for 3 weeks. He had to finish one little job as a favour for the client on Tuesday, but told his labourer not to come.

Only person he saw was the neighbour, who craned his neck over the fence and asked what he thought he was doing.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 26, 2020, 08:16:46 PM »

The 15:08 update appears to confirm that they are going to manipulate our figures in a way to ensure we can’t assess success/failure of government inaction and that we can’t be compared in a meaningful way to other nations. Not exactly helpful in tackling the problem.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52044452

The fuller story, if accurate on PM with Super Evan, is that yesterday's numbers covered 12 hours with the intention of transitioning to a regular report at 2pm each day for deaths to midnight the prior day. Today's numbers are expected to reflect 36 hours and from tomorrow a regular 24 hour number

So expect a big jump today - take an approx average for a 24 hour period or do what you like with the number and then from tomorrow should be a regular thing.

Just been to B & Q click and collect, confirmed that tinfoil hats in very short supply currently

Thanks for the info. I’m aware I’m closer than I’ve ever been before to needing a tinfoil hat (and a cat in a tinfoil hat) on this. Let’s wait and see the next numbers.

New numbers are below.  Deaths up over 100 a day.  The reason for yesterday's result (based on 8 hours) was because the methodology changed.  You can put your tinfoil hat away and stand down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52056534

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 26, 2020, 09:42:38 PM »

Here is a post I made on FB . Maybe the grammar is shite but a lot of people have shared and got the message. 

Please don’t get caught up in political BS but realise the seriousness of this situation and spread the word on your wall .
 Try and persuade people to stay home if possible in anyway you can as it’s the only way to contain it.  Say what you want about China but we have contained it and now enjoying a reasonable normal lifestyle

Hi everyone I know these are difficult times .

But can I tell you if you didn’t know , I have lived in China for the last 7 years and I want to share my experience

I was made were made aware this coronavirus on Late January. Immediately restrictions were put into place ,  as this terrible virus spread tighter restrictions were put into place.   

Let me tell you , these restrictions were tight but we all had to follow them as we knew it was the only way to control this outbreak.

My family and friends messaged and called regularly to see how I were but no one understood the  magnitude of this situation including me .
I won’t go into the economics of this problem because that’s still the unknown  but it’s damn scary

What I want to say is, China first experienced this horrific virus now classed as a pandemic and they put into place so many strict regulations which were followed by the people

Now we ( China ) have it under control and are possibly the safest place on the world to be at this time

I love China in what they did and as my home. They protected the masses and I truly pray the rest of the world follow their example to contain this nightmare

For all of you out there , please stay home for a few weeks and save lives , especially your loved ones

If you keep going out and ignoring the lockdown, then I’m sorry you deserve to be locked up in prison or worse.

Take care and God bless and it’s going to be alright eventually. 
Miss my family & friends from England

I should probably add , after all these tight restrictions for a while , we are all now enjoying our normal lives. Going out to bars and clubs .
It’s only a small sacrifice for a lifetime of fun  xx

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 26, 2020, 09:58:14 PM »

I got a round of applause for putting the bins out earlier, it’s not that hard is it? 
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 26, 2020, 09:59:39 PM »

For you guys worrying about holidays , get a grip.
I have both parents in their 80’s and a sister in her 60’s at high risk .  
I am looking that I could potentially have my whole family wiped out by this virus . We should really try to pursued  friends , family  to stay  home . The. It is containable.  

I appreciate the economic loss of businesses around the world and China will experience their 1st recession for sure , but the sacrifice was saving millions of lives.  I will possibly experience the loss of my job but I will always state the measures China took were worth it

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 26, 2020, 10:01:31 PM »

I got a round of applause for putting the bins out earlier, it’s not that hard is it? 
Not sure if you are replying to me or not . But WTF are you on about you plum

My Dad

Tony Bolto
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 26, 2020, 10:03:10 PM »

Sigh....not replying to or referring to you in anyway, ‘twas a joke mate, people here will will get it  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:06:57 PM by Woodsey » Logged
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 26, 2020, 10:08:08 PM »

It’s probably for 3-4 weeks but even less if idiots in the UK would follow the rules.  I’m so glad I left that place

My Dad

Tony Bolto
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 26, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »

It’s probably for 3-4 weeks but even less if idiots in the UK would follow the rules.  I’m so glad I left that place

Our restrictions aren’t as tight as China, they reckon we are talking more like 10-12 weeks before we turn the corner.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 26, 2020, 10:15:03 PM »

Sigh....not replying to or referring to you in anyway, ‘twas a joke mate, people here will will get it  Smiley
Sorry then mate , but I’ve lived through this for over 2 months and now seeing normality and enjoying life again through China’s restrictions.  
Then I read about someone more  worried about losing their flight  ,  than their life .    
Makes me annoyed with their selfishness

My Dad

Tony Bolto
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 26, 2020, 10:21:20 PM »

Another step by China. From March 28th.  All foreigners banned from entering China. 
They still taking it very serious.  I’m glad I never left and  I class China as my home.

https://www.thatsmags.com/shanghai/post/30929/china-bans-all-foreigners-entering-country-amid-covid-19?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

My Dad

Tony Bolto
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 26, 2020, 10:36:43 PM »

Does anyone else have a holiday booked for within the next 3 months?

We are booked for Gran Canaria in May and the total for us was around £1500. It was booked through TUI and they haven't been great about the holiday (when we booked). They are apparently offering refunds or vouchers, but should they be willing to add more onto the voucher (if needed) for another holiday. The alternative holiday in November was like £175 more.

In other news hotels being pretty decent about bookings and Airport lounges we booked have been fully refunded.

Also going Gran Canaria but not until mid June (should have been going to Vegas  Cry Cry ), think it's a flip if mine goes ahead or not.

TUI have no obligation to top up your voucher, they are allowing free amendments for anyone booked to travel before June 30th but naturally you'll have to pay the difference in cost between original and new booking. £175 for peace of mind doesn't seem like too much to pay.

You could always wait it out and make a late decision on it, on the off chance Spain really improves in April.

I think there's still a chance you'd get that holiday. It all depends on Spain I'd imagine.

As for vouchers and stuff, I think lots of folk are being pushed into it and now financially they can't say no to a refund. Hence why I could see people turning up their noses at a refund if the voucher is bigger by 5/10%. Personally, we was at our limit paying £700 for GC in May and the same holiday in November is even more expensive. We will very lkely be forced into take the refund in that case.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 26, 2020, 10:43:41 PM »

These new systems for business, workers and self employed are going to be open to so much abuse.

Businesses could essentially claim for workers who are leaving, apply for loans for no reason and/or even if they're going under anyway.

Self employed who are just getting by on £20k's or smaller could potentially play the system to get more money

The only good thing for businesses that need expansion loans, is that they'll never get a better chance of a loan at better rates

This will end up being similar to what people did after Grenfell, applying for money they shouldn't have got. In a year to come will be hundreds of cases of fraud
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #824 on: March 26, 2020, 10:48:26 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: