blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 356615 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: May 25, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »

If you have the first question here, it’s got to be ‘Mr Cummings press conference has raised a lot more questions than it has answered, it’s hard to know where to start......’
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 25, 2020, 07:10:03 PM »

Is it me or has the R number gone up? Pretty sure when Johnson spoke a couple of weeks ago it was 0.5-0.9. Now it's 0.7-1.0.

Blue text
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 25, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »

Excellent presser, not crying like a baby saying pointless sorries every 5 seconds. Independent, thinks for himself, seems like an aspirational figure to me.

Agreed.

If he just had the balls to tell the truth instead if treating us all like idiots he's be great.

So how many porkies do you think he told in that conference then ?

I get the castle one with the eyesight etc but apart from that he came across quite credible to me and
I disliked the guy immensely before today.

Every chance the law becomes a key element of this now:

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1264943223329501186?s=21

Especially this bit:

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1264963267136544769?s=21

Haha, ask Gina to bring a private prosecution imo

I think private prosecutions of political figures are a bad idea, it’s an irrelevance here. It’s what we have police and a public prosecution service for. It seems it will be worse for Boris if he survives, hard to know what to hope for. On balance I hope he survives, to protect your emotional investment.

Thanks met, greater love hath...........

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 25, 2020, 07:11:24 PM »

Is it me or has the R number gone up? Pretty sure when Johnson spoke a couple of weeks ago it was 0.5-0.9. Now it's 0.7-1.0.

Yes, it has but it’s a bit guessy anyway.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 25, 2020, 07:14:46 PM »

Yes but they're talking about easing lockdown. By their own estimate it could currently be 1. So easing lockdown surely risks second outbreak with that as a starting point?

Blue text
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 25, 2020, 07:17:42 PM »

Yes but they're talking about easing lockdown. By their own estimate it could currently be 1. So easing lockdown surely risks second outbreak with that as a starting point?

It’s hard (for me) to see how it goes well.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 25, 2020, 07:44:55 PM »

One of the shortest press conferences yet. PM decided he just didn't want to answer the questions.

Including the one Cummings said we should ask of him.

Blue text
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 25, 2020, 09:16:50 PM »

I didn't vote for brexit and have never voted blue but seems like an absurd waste of talent if he's sacked over this.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 25, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »

Excellent presser, not crying like a baby saying pointless sorries every 5 seconds. Independent, thinks for himself, seems like an aspirational figure to me.

Agreed.

If he just had the balls to tell the truth instead if treating us all like idiots he's be great.

I get the castle one with the eyesight etc but apart from that he came across quite credible to me and

Especially this bit:

I think private prosecutions of political figures are a bad idea, it’s an irrelevance here. It’s what we have police and a public prosecution service for. It seems it will be worse for Boris if he survives, hard to know what to hope for. On balance I hope he survives, to protect your emotional investment.

Gina's on it thank goodness. Seems she agrees with you and thinks it's for the police to act. Don't know yet if she plans to step in if they dont

https://twitter.com/thatginamiller/status/1264976520503836673?s=09

sola virtus nobilitat
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 25, 2020, 10:04:46 PM »

Agreed.

Especially this bit:

Gina's on it thank goodness. Seems she agrees with you and thinks it's for the police to act. Don't know yet if she plans to step in if they dont

https://twitter.com/thatginamiller/status/1264976520503836673?s=09

I’ve got no desire or wish to see him prosecuted. My interest is in how it influences the politics, that prominent lawyers/barristers/advocates/QC’s agree that he is in breach of the Coronavirus regs.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: May 26, 2020, 08:16:58 AM »

"I went for a drive to see if I was safe to drive"

Why take your wife and kids if you're unsure if you're safe to drive?

Was there a choice?

He couldn't possibly go alone to check could he? What if he found out it wasn't safe? At that point he needs to pull over and let someone else take over doesn't he? Presumably that person is the only other adult he's currently not required to socially distance from, that being his wife.

If he has to take his wife with him to potentially take over driving then what do they do with their child? I assume they can't leave him/her home alone? That means it's either leave with the grand parents or take along for the ride. Taking along for the ride seems more sensible than leaving with the grand parents at this stage?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:20 AM »

Was there a choice?

He couldn't possibly go alone to check could he? What if he found out it wasn't safe? At that point he needs to pull over and let someone else take over doesn't he? Presumably that person is the only other adult he's currently not required to socially distance from, that being his wife.

If he has to take his wife with him to potentially take over driving then what do they do with their child? I assume they can't leave him/her home alone? That means it's either leave with the grand parents or take along for the ride. Taking along for the ride seems more sensible than leaving with the grand parents at this stage?

If his wife can take over why not have her drive in the first place? Or just drive around his own estate for a bit? Or drive to London and turn around?

The whole story is ludicrous and quite clearly bollocks. They've accepted he was somewhere he shouldn't have been (which they didn't the days before) and this was the best they could come up with to justify it.

Blue text
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 26, 2020, 08:33:20 AM »

Was there a choice?

Then why can't she just take over on the drive to London.

It's the most ridiculous concoction of an excuse.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 26, 2020, 08:33:51 AM »

Was there a choice?

This gives the slight impression that you’re buying the story that the drive was an eye test. Surely not?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 26, 2020, 08:42:35 AM »

Looks like him saying "I've been warning about coronavirus for a while" could have been a fabrication too.

https://t.co/g8ZMPo4GUJ

This goes beyond party politics. We are in the middle of a pandemic. We objectively have one of the worst responses to it in the world. And the people at the very top are lying to us live on television. How is this acceptable?

Blue text
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: