blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353695 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: October 01, 2020, 08:24:07 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54379026

Mind boggling.   My favourite bit is

Ms Ferrier was one of the MPs who called on the prime minister's advisor Dominic Cummings to resign in the wake of the controversy over his visit to the north east of England during lockdown.

At the time, she said his actions had "undermined the sacrifices that we have all been making" and described his position as "untenable".

At least the SNP have withdrawn the whip pretty sharpish.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3106 on: October 01, 2020, 09:30:52 PM »

It's astonishing.

Traveling by train after taking a test because you're feeling a bit better is the sort of thing an ordinary dipshit might do, but travelling back after testing positive is world class dribbling idiot behaviour.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: October 01, 2020, 09:57:28 PM »

Imagine most people with covid will just hop on public transport now that an MP has done it

sola virtus nobilitat
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: October 01, 2020, 10:22:25 PM »

It's astonishing.

Traveling by train after taking a test because you're feeling a bit better is the sort of thing an ordinary dipshit might do, but travelling back after testing positive is world class dribbling idiot behaviour.

omfg this. How she hasn't resigned already takes my (uninformed) opinion of SNP MPs down a chunk.

Let them have their independence for all it matters if all they can muster is the same level of fuckwits in charge as England does
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: October 02, 2020, 08:45:48 AM »

I had a notification through last night from the NHS app that just said 'possible covid 19 exposure'.....

When I clicked on it all that happened was the app opened but there was nothing there.

I then spent the best part of half an hour trying to figure out what this means. The app says that you get a notification when someone you've been within 2m of for more than 15 minutes reports a positive test. I know that this is impossible in my case so really didn't know what to do.

I did a bit of checking and apparently there's a bug: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-some-users-of-nhs-tracing-app-incorrectly-given-covid-19-exposure-alerts-12086225

It's not the sort of thing to inspire confidence but worth knowing about in case you get the notification as well.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: October 02, 2020, 08:58:42 AM »

I had a notification through last night from the NHS app that just said 'possible covid 19 exposure'.....

When I clicked on it all that happened was the app opened but there was nothing there.

I then spent the best part of half an hour trying to figure out what this means. The app says that you get a notification when someone you've been within 2m of for more than 15 minutes reports a positive test. I know that this is impossible in my case so really didn't know what to do.

I did a bit of checking and apparently there's a bug: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-some-users-of-nhs-tracing-app-incorrectly-given-covid-19-exposure-alerts-12086225

It's not the sort of thing to inspire confidence but worth knowing about in case you get the notification as well.

Oh man!

See you on the 21st October then?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »

Oh man!

Well the only person I'd been within 2m of for more than 15 minutes in the last two weeks was you.

I was considering heading over to your house with a flame thrower to eradicate this virus once and for all but then I found out it may be a false notification.

Close call.....

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »

Oh man!

Well the only person I'd been within 2m of for more than 15 minutes in the last two weeks was you.

I was considering heading over to your house with a flame thrower to eradicate this virus once and for all but then I found out it may be a false notification.

Close call.....

Cheesy Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: October 02, 2020, 10:01:55 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54381848

Only thing that is a surprise, is the virus has taken this long to catch up on him. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: October 02, 2020, 10:07:31 AM »

Amused me

https://www.facebook.com/manversusbaby/photos/a.731695576968065/1980628662074744/?type=3&sfnsn=scwspmo

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: October 02, 2020, 10:23:52 AM »

ha, very good.   

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: October 02, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »

Northumbria University has announced major Covid outbreak- 770 students tested positive for the disease, 78 are symptomatic.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: October 02, 2020, 06:44:43 PM »

Northumbria University has announced major Covid outbreak- 770 students tested positive for the disease, 78 are symptomatic.

Suppose that there is good news in the number of asymptomatic cases, though many of then will turn symptomatic. 

Looking foward to some calcs from the usual professors using this "10%" symptomatic rate and using it with the "80%" immunity rate I read the other day to show that nobody is going to die ever.

Party time.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: October 02, 2020, 06:54:05 PM »

show that nobody is going to die ever.

Party time.

cool beans anyone up for a trip to stringfellows

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: October 02, 2020, 11:09:56 PM »

Suppose that there is good news in the number of asymptomatic cases, though many of then will turn symptomatic. 

Looking foward to some calcs from the usual professors using this "10%" symptomatic rate and using it with the "80%" immunity rate I read the other day to show that nobody is going to die ever.

Party time.

Am I missing something here? I was under the impression that asymptomatic was much worse because they go out in to the community happily spreading the virus without knowing it?

If you have symptoms you get a test and isolate yourself. If you don't have symptoms you just crack on.

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: