blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353808 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4500 on: November 20, 2021, 08:26:31 AM »

Ha ha

Been quite the week

All 4m gowns were delivered on time after being inspected in the factories by Bureau Veritas. All sourced through a contact we have dealt with for 15 years.

Zero links to that Matt Hancock, not the kind of person I would want to be linked to.

We had done the 3 planes to NY Government, and so all the stuff in the papers that they couldn't get what they needed seemed ridiculous.

Guy I work with text his local MP saying if your so desperate why is no one responding to our offers. She replied with Matt Hancocks mobile number.
Text him the same message and all of a sudden we were moved to the VIP list.

So in reality there is no story, as we had already done $15m worth, so should have been fast tracked, no links to Tony's and all delivered on time to spec at the price they said was within their guidelines.

Cant real fault the DM for the Giraffe pic either but they could have left the kids out and the topless shots.  Shocked

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: November 20, 2021, 08:33:25 AM »

Going to separate the two things.  I don't think the Hopkin contract was part of Tory corruption at all, as I remember him asking how to do stuff at the time.  He had a contact in one of his suppliers who said they could get hold of PPE, and he had to find a way of supplying it to the NHS.  I think he only supplied the US first as they came back to him first.  It was likely a good thing overall, and probably saved lives as we were desperately short of PPE at the time, so good luck to him.

I don't think it means there wasn't mass corruption; I can name a handful of cases where Johnson alone has done corrupt things, just that the Daily Mail and its shitposters online have likely got the wrong end of the stick here.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: November 20, 2021, 08:37:14 AM »

Ha ha

Been quite the week

All 4m gowns were delivered on time after being inspected in the factories by Bureau Veritas. All sourced through a contact we have dealt with for 15 years.

Zero links to that Matt Hancock, not the kind of person I would want to be linked to.

We had done the 3 planes to NY Government, and so all the stuff in the papers that they couldn't get what they needed seemed ridiculous.

Guy I work with text his local MP saying if your so desperate why is no one responding to our offers. She replied with Matt Hancocks mobile number.

So in reality there is no story, as we had already done $15m worth, so should have been fast tracked, no links to Tony's and all delivered on time to spec at the price they said was within their guidelines.

Cant real fault the DM for the Giraffe pic either but they could have left the kids out and the topless shots.  Shocked

Ha, was writing that at the same time as you were posting.  Not going to link to that old stuff as I'd like the reporters to do their job.  Tough to find links to you though with that heavily disguised screen name you have.

Enjoy your trip, hope the kids don't cop for it too badly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: November 20, 2021, 08:39:32 AM »

Going to separate the two things.  I don't think the Hopkin contract was part of Tory corruption at all, as I remember him asking how to do stuff at the time.  He had a contact in one of his suppliers who said they could get hold of PPE, and he had to find a way of supplying it to the NHS.  I think he only supplied the US first as they came back to him first.  It was likely a good thing overall, and probably saved lives as we were desperately short of PPE at the time, so good luck to him.

I don't think it means there wasn't mass corruption; I can name a handful of cases where Johnson alone has done corrupt things, just that the Daily Mail and its shitposters online have likely got the wrong end of the stick here.  

Yep 40 of the 47 on the VIP list probably have direct financial links to high level Tories but go go for the guy who got dressed up as a Giraffe at his kids 5th birthday. Great work DM.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: November 20, 2021, 08:46:49 AM »

Ha ha

Been quite the week

Cant real fault the DM for the Giraffe pic either but they could have left the kids out and the topless shots.  Shocked

Was wondering about the photos - never really thought before about how unfairly intrusive a paper can be in the lives of a private individual. Giraffe pic is exceptional though :-)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 08:50:59 AM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: November 20, 2021, 08:48:23 AM »

Yes, I guess Boppers being legit doesn't mean there wasn't corruption elsewhere, would still think it's much less widely spread and that incompetence is a bigger enemy than corruption

sola virtus nobilitat
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4506 on: November 20, 2021, 09:15:42 AM »

Surprised to see TWO photos featuring alcohol , i had always assumed you were teetotal Stu.

Nice house btw

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: November 20, 2021, 09:19:13 AM »

Anyway on the other question.  I don't think you can extend the results of the home setting too much.  If you share a house with someone who is very contagious, most of the house will get it regardless of vaccination status.   Covid spreading isn't even, some people who get it are highly infectious, some barely at all.

There are better studies, and I think it is clear that those who are vaccinated are less likely to catch it and less likely to spread it.  I have seen people argue all day about percentages, but I think it is safe to assume that you are about half as likely to get it and half as likely to spread it if you do.  It is hard to get more accurate than that as you can't do a proper trial by infecting people and seeing how they spread.

That means that meeting a vaccinated person is much safer than meeting an unvaccinated one.  In the UK the vast majority of adults are double vaccinated, so if you are out and about the fact a small minority of people are unvaccinated isn't going to change your risk by much unless you spend your time deliberately hanging round with lots of unvaccinated people (Darwin award for Lozza Fox incoming).  So I don't think there is any need for vaccine passports here other than on things like flights where you are stuck next to someone for hours.  My office has compulsory LFTs rather than compulsory vaccinations which seems fine too.

Austria, Germany and the Netherlands are different, the Ivor Cummins/Pathological Clare types there have been far more effective and there is a much bigger proportion of unvaccinated people than here.  This means that vaccine passports and compulsory vaccinations are going to make a much bigger difference there.  So I can see why it has happened, but I don't think it will happen here unless we all get less conscientious and booster uptake is poor.   And I say bollocks to those who say this shouldn't happen in a democracy, all Governments have laws/restrictions and compulsory stuff.  They should also protect their citizens if needed.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: November 20, 2021, 09:59:05 AM »

Thanks, appreciate that, I guess the take away (details and percentages aside) is contact with a vaccinated person is less risky than an unvaxed person.

On the last point, I take your ticket on the fact that there are all sorts of Govt restrictions for the greater good, lines get drawn.

But I think there's a legitimate debate to be had about where the lines are drawn. Probably unrelated to idealised delusions around what democracy means (a whole other subject I think).

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: November 20, 2021, 02:53:40 PM »

Had to have vaccines for decades, so unless you've got a serious and valid reason not to, think you should get stabbed up.

Made me laugh all the 'Sweden though', mugs have an absolute meltdown this week.

Andrew Croxford posted a while back saying it looks like we got it wrong, and it wasn't a two dose course. From the data that was coming through, it may well have been a 3 dose, but we just didn't have time to find out, because they needed to get it going.

All the 'not enough data', 'still in trials' mugs annoy me. Think average size for a phase 3 trial is ~4,000 people. This had ~40,000  Roll Eyes

Other downside is the likes of Robert Kennedy and Andrew Wakefield absolutely loving this pandemic.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: November 20, 2021, 02:54:51 PM »

Ha ha

Been quite the week

Daily Mail's version of P3 Cheesy

Congrats on a good year. Nice to see decent people doing well, especially if it's annoying a bogroll like the DM!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: November 20, 2021, 03:37:50 PM »

Congratulations, Stu. You've clearly worked really hard to provide something that has doubtless saved lives. You deserve the fruits of your labour.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: November 20, 2021, 08:59:55 PM »

Fucking gutted that someone found this.

I was all for putting the link on the "whatever happened to" thread but the giraffe loving tory persuaded me not to.

Feels like a missed opportunity

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: November 20, 2021, 09:31:00 PM »

Fucking gutted that someone found this.

I was all for putting the link on the "whatever happened to" thread but the giraffe loving tory persuaded me not to.

Feels like a missed opportunity

Cheesy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: November 28, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »

Was moved to write to my MP today and explain how he'd lost my vote.

Drifting left on so many 'woke' issues while doing nothing meaningful in areas that matter to people's quality of life in areas like social care, benefits levels for those in need

Drifting right on rhetoric around illegal immigration while doing nothing meaningful to resolve the issue at source, improve systems, help people in need in a controlled way etc

Latest abso bollocks to wear a mask in shops - just performative shite - am I really more likely to contract covid in a shop than sat in a pub or busy restaurant. Fkn morons (didn't say that in my letter)

He's lucky my vote isn't a six pointer as no way I can vote for any of the other parties either, we don't even tend to get any jokey candidates so limited options there too.

Explained I didn't need a response but felt he should know directly, rather than via polls, that he has definitely lost at least one vote thanks to the abso stream of shite emanating from his party and that being the least worse option wasn't enough to get me to vote for them

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: