blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  How many Fu**ing times is it going to happen?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many Fu**ing times is it going to happen?  (Read 15011 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2020, 08:21:43 PM »

“ Both the cops were nice as pie all the way through “

They shot him dead as he was running away.

No threat to them.

He was drunk , pretty sure they could have apprehended him in a less lethal way than to kill him .

One shot him, after he'd been fighting them both, and aimed a taser at one of them.

He was drunk, they did try apprehending him in a very placid and mellow manner. He started fighting them.

I don't think killing him was the intention.

If their guidelines say let a suspect flee if he overpowers you and takes your weaon, I guess that's why he has been sacked.

Better training required, and a manslaughter charge for the officer that shot him.

One shot him three times in the back while he was running away.

How are the police officers in danger or fearful for their safety ?

Probably pissed off because he fought both of them off and stole their taser for which they would
no doubt be reprimanded for if he got away.

I just can’t see any justification for firing 3 bullets into the back of an unarmed drunk man running away
with a taser he had managed to wrestle from one of the police officers.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2020, 08:26:00 PM »

I simply don't understand why the policemen didn't just shoot the fugitive in the legs if they had to shoot him at all.

Completely concur with Red's point re. Donald Trump jr.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1272033386190843905?s=20
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2020, 08:50:06 PM »

“ Both the cops were nice as pie all the way through “

They shot him dead as he was running away.

No threat to them.

He was drunk , pretty sure they could have apprehended him in a less lethal way than to kill him .

One shot him, after he'd been fighting them both, and aimed a taser at one of them.

He was drunk, they did try apprehending him in a very placid and mellow manner. He started fighting them.

I don't think killing him was the intention.

If their guidelines say let a suspect flee if he overpowers you and takes your weaon, I guess that's why he has been sacked.

Better training required, and a manslaughter charge for the officer that shot him.

One shot him three times in the back while he was running away.

How are the police officers in danger or fearful for their safety ?

Probably pissed off because he fought both of them off and stole their taser for which they would
no doubt be reprimanded for if he got away.

I just can’t see any justification for firing 3 bullets into the back of an unarmed drunk man running away
with a taser he had managed to wrestle from one of the police officers.

Did he hit him three times? I haven't looked, so don't know.

I'd be quite fearful of my safety, if someone pointed a taser at me, and I'd just been overpowered by said person.

I'm normally on the side of the civilians, so this isn't usually the corner I find myself in. He isn't unarmed, he has a taser.

I'm not going to try thinking for someone else  'probably because he', so the policeman will have to explain his reasoning.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2020, 08:51:01 PM »

You can pull videos up of all sorts, and do it all day.

Not sure what the relevance is, as that is a different cop (who obviously shouldn't be one), and a different situation.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2020, 08:52:23 PM »

I simply don't understand why the policemen didn't just shoot the fugitive in the legs if they had to shoot him at all.

Completely concur with Red's point re. Donald Trump jr.

Easy for us to wonder, while I'm sifting through mortgage documents, and you're hacking around the back 9, lol.

I'm not sure what his point was about Donald Trump jr.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2020, 09:08:28 PM »

After two police officers had been on the scene for 27 minutes, much of that time talking with Mr. Brooks, one of the officers, Garrett Rolfe, attempted to handcuff him, leading to a struggle. The officers tried to stun Mr. Brooks with Tasers, and Mr. Brooks grabbed one of their Tasers and ran away, with Officer Rolfe in pursuit. Mr. Brooks turned at one point to fire the Taser back in Officer Rolfe’s direction; Officer Rolfe then pulled out his handgun and fired at Mr. Brooks three times as he was running away.

The Fulton County medical examiner’s office confirmed on Sunday that Mr. Brooks’s death was a homicide and that the cause of death was “gunshot wounds of the back.” The office’s statement said he had been hit by two shots in the back, causing “organ injuries and blood loss.”

New York Times

The level of force is just so disproportional to the crime involved.

If their the nice guys hate to think what the nasty buggers would do .
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »

One of them had been there for nearly 45 mins, which you can see from the full video.

We saw the rolling around and wrestling part, then him slip off and turn to fire.

So he hit him twice, and I presume he'll be charged with manslaughter.

All ifs/buts/maybes etc. I think going on the way he was treated throughout, they'd have shot whoever it was had the same happened.

Think the biggest factor is that police need better training and vetting.

Sad situation all around.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2020, 10:06:30 PM »

One of them had been there for nearly 45 mins, which you can see from the full video.

We saw the rolling around and wrestling part, then him slip off and turn to fire.

All ifs/buts/maybes etc. I think going on the way he was treated throughout, they'd have shot whoever it was had the same happened.

Think the biggest factor is systemic racism.

All about opinions Marky , be boring if we all had the same  Grin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2020, 10:52:13 PM »

Oh, I don't disagree on that being a factor overall.

I was talking about this incident in isolation.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2020, 08:13:52 AM »

That would be fair comment if this was an isolated incident.

The older I get, the better I was.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »

This example in Minnesota from a couple of years ago is one of the worst. The driver tells the cop that he has a gun, he reaches for his licence and the cop loses control - his lack of training is so clear. The driver died. Though entitled to be distraught, his girlfriend is still trying to keep the cop calm and calling him sir. Then, having just watched her boyfriend being murdered, and not doing anything except sit in her seat, she is arrested! The policeman was prosecuted and found not guilty of all charges.

Don't watch the second clip if you're squeamish. It's from inside the car and is graphic. The driver is still alive at that stage.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2020, 01:51:26 PM »

It's fair comment anyway.

I don't think that racism came into play in anyway, in this incident.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2020, 01:53:07 PM »

This example in Minnesota from a couple of years ago is one of the worst. The driver tells the cop that he has a gun, he reaches for his licence and the cop loses control - his lack of training is so clear. The driver died. Though entitled to be distraught, his girlfriend is still trying to keep the cop calm and calling him sir. Then, having just watched her boyfriend being murdered, and not doing anything except sit in her seat, she is arrested! The policeman was prosecuted and found not guilty of all charges.

Don't watch the second clip if you're squeamish. It's from inside the car and is graphic. The driver is still alive at that stage.

Remember seeing that one at the time Sad

As you say, compounded with race issues, the number of police who are obviously severely undertrained, and unsuitable, is staggering.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2020, 03:28:15 PM »

It's fair comment anyway.

I don't think that racism came into play in anyway, in this incident.

I'd like to sit on the fence.  If you are black, I think you are more likely to be killed, but you can't say for certain it happened here. 

I don't want to watch the video again, but is the shooter the bloke who shot him the same bloke who lost his taser?  If he'd normally reach for his taser, and been trained to reach for his taser, I can see why he'd reach for his gun in a high pressure situation.  I don't think any amount of training stops people doing stupid things when under presssure.  I don't think tasers are as safe as we are told and I wouldn't want one pointed at me anyway.  If you had a taser, you'd likely use that to defend yourself?

Anyway, there are a lot of videos where the guilt/racism is clearer. I don't think he should have been shot, but can understand it.  It may have been related to racism, oy may not have been.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: