blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:45:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022  (Read 29795 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2022, 11:28:50 AM »

I'll take the overs on that 12 7

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2022, 11:30:01 AM »

Well done to everyone doing this!

There is so much advice and (mis)information about so try not to be overwhelmed - there is no one-size-fits-all approach.

If you can analyse what you "want" long-term and try to make sustainable changes then success will be easier to achieve.

What eventually worked for me was realising that I have a huge appetite and will never be able to do what Stuart says above and have smaller portions at dinner - I tried this for ages and made myself miserable depriving myself. I switched to eating low-calorie filling foods like raw fruit and veg and led to sustainable weight loss and changes for me. It wasn't as nice as pasta or chips but I felt full and could stay under calorie goals.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2022, 11:34:57 AM »

Wouldn't you put more of a curve in that chart too?  Easier to lose a few pounds at the start than in April?

Haven't got any working scales, so can't join in right now, but think I have lost quite a bit through just running and following my normal diet.  Could definitely make more effort on the food I eat though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2022, 12:05:18 PM »

Wouldn't you put more of a curve in that chart too?  Easier to lose a few pounds at the start than in April?

Haven't got any working scales, so can't join in right now, but think I have lost quite a bit through just running and following my normal diet.  Could definitely make more effort on the food I eat though.

Not a curve, just make it horizontal.

He likes his junk food and his beers does our Stu.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2022, 12:05:40 PM »

On

£1 or £2

I will let you choose the stakes

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2022, 12:07:33 PM »

Woah

The target line is fine, not saying it will go down like that but just got to stay below it

I take offence at that, I don't really like junk food.

I just love lots and lots and lots of really good food, and beers, and wines and whisky!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2022, 12:10:05 PM »

Woah

The target line is fine, not saying it will go down like that but just got to stay below it

I take offence at that, I don't really like junk food.

I just love lots and lots and lots of really good food, and beers, and wines and whisky!

Born to be fat

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »

Do any of you use scales that do body fat and link to the samsung health app (or any app that works on android)?  Just went down a rabbit hole looking for some new scales.  I might just get the bog standard ones, as many of the fancy scales aren't compatible and am a bit dubious on the accuracy of the other stuff.  Just wanted to know if anyone does this and finds it worthwhile.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2022, 12:53:46 PM »

Do any of you use scales that do body fat and link to the samsung health app (or any app that works on android)?  Just went down a rabbit hole looking for some new scales.  I might just get the bog standard ones, as many of the fancy scales aren't compatible and am a bit dubious on the accuracy of the other stuff.  Just wanted to know if anyone does this and finds it worthwhile.

Bog standard digital scales and see what hole my belt is on to measure body fat changes.

Body fat measurement with scales will be incredibly inaccurate and also inconsistent.

I've got these one at £17

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Digital-Bathroom-Scales-Toughened/dp/B007QM6O5A/ref=sxin_13_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?crid=O4EF1IV9LCTM&cv_ct_cx=bathroom+scales&keywords=bathroom+scales&pd_rd_i=B007QM6O5A&pd_rd_r=ddb55ed9-dbad-4d48-b940-4449859caee7&pd_rd_w=W31Ec&pd_rd_wg=hJXPi&pf_rd_p=ab821e58-ba6a-4eef-9efe-53415a3700a2&pf_rd_r=WY9YYXGY5GGXXVY3C44X&qid=1641559935&sprefix=bathroom+scales%2Caps%2C62&sr=1-2-8e68915f-140a-472d-a4a3-a7db7efc16f0-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRklMWVBMSE1NNklaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDAxOTI0Mlk4OVBWTkdUTzZYUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTU4NTU2UjhBU0hEU1RPN1JQJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3Bfc2VhcmNoX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Served me very well for 5+ years

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2022, 12:58:04 PM »

We've got those exact same ones, they've been good as gold.

They even know if I've got my thick socks on.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2022, 01:17:08 PM »

Bog standard digital scales and see what hole my belt is on to measure body fat changes.

Body fat measurement with scales will be incredibly inaccurate and also inconsistent.

I've got these one at £17

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Digital-Bathroom-Scales-Toughened/dp/B007QM6O5A/ref=sxin_13_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?crid=O4EF1IV9LCTM&cv_ct_cx=bathroom+scales&keywords=bathroom+scales&pd_rd_i=B007QM6O5A&pd_rd_r=ddb55ed9-dbad-4d48-b940-4449859caee7&pd_rd_w=W31Ec&pd_rd_wg=hJXPi&pf_rd_p=ab821e58-ba6a-4eef-9efe-53415a3700a2&pf_rd_r=WY9YYXGY5GGXXVY3C44X&qid=1641559935&sprefix=bathroom+scales%2Caps%2C62&sr=1-2-8e68915f-140a-472d-a4a3-a7db7efc16f0-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRklMWVBMSE1NNklaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDAxOTI0Mlk4OVBWTkdUTzZYUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTU4NTU2UjhBU0hEU1RPN1JQJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3Bfc2VhcmNoX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Served me very well for 5+ years

Cheers, will just go for them.   I have been using the belt/waste size thing to judge weight loss too over the last few years. 

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2022, 01:55:08 PM »

Those fat measuring scales are all rubbish, they just make a programmed guess.
I just go for same scales and weigh at the same time each week
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2022, 02:07:10 PM »

I've got a bunch of Coach Greg e-books, if anyone wants them.

Including a couple cookbooks, so you can eat more than last time Smiley

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2022, 04:52:17 PM »

Great to see so many involved.

Week 1 Friday 7th Jan-  13:11:8

Been a good week, plenty of exercise  and mostly healthy eating/ no junk food.

Always find motivation easier the first few weeks, gets a bit harder feb onwards!

Looking to do 10k steps a day the forthcoming week/  drink more water and less sugar free drinks.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2022, 03:59:45 PM »

Ha, was heavier than I expected.  Weighed in at 95kg, 15 stone.   I am pretty sure I was a lot lighter than this when running more regularly 3 months ago.  I had got down from 38 inch waste to 34, but no idea how much I weighed then, but 36 is still fine.

Going to aim to run more regularly amd get down to 14 stone over the next couple of months, and aim to do a 35 minute 5k. I got down to 36 before, but couldn't even beat 40 first run back.   I think this was just lack of fitness as I just blew up in the last 2k, and was doing near 7 minute splits at the start, and basically had to walk the last 2km.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: