blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:08:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2210687 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20310 on: September 03, 2019, 10:12:55 PM »

So a vote to block no deal legislation, followed by an election FTPA vote to follow. Which Labour might block.it needs 434 votes to pass

I don’t think I’ll stop smiling for days if this happens at the absurdity of it all.

This situation could not have been foreseen when the FTPA was passed in 2011, yet it is the FTPA that may now save us from a rogue executive calling an election to ram through a “policy” that parliament won’t vote for.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20311 on: September 03, 2019, 10:41:32 PM »

Remain have been bleating ask the people forever

Hey presto chance to ask the people in GE

Nope let’s block that

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20312 on: September 04, 2019, 04:43:11 AM »

This Phillip Lee is a disgrace isn't he?

One thing to be against what's going on, but to claim he still loves his party but he doesn't recognise its values etc and join Lib Dem is disgraceful. Are their values even the old Tory values, he is still wanting? Of course not. Just trying to make a name for himself.

I hope his local constituents chuck the disloyal self righteous turncoat out, asap.

The party that MP's are defecting to are the LIb Dems, that should tell you all you need to know. I am sure every single MP doesn't agree with every single policy of their own party and considering the way Brexit and the Tory party are going, I'd say he has every right to want to defect to the Lib Dems. I do think you're just seeing it as you want to see it.

But the way he went about it, in such drama, is not acceptable.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20313 on: September 04, 2019, 04:52:58 AM »

Nope let’s block that

More like they've put Dominic Cummings in check-mate.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20314 on: September 04, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »

Nope let’s block that

Check-mate signals end of the game.

Unfortunately this means further endless delays and continuation of the crippling uncertainty

As long as you can best some nobody spin doctor it’s all worthwhile I’m sure

Let’s see what occurs today. Considering Boris is an inept, simpleton, evil dictator and liar the opposition should fist pump taking him on in an election

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20315 on: September 04, 2019, 08:42:05 AM »

Nope let’s block that

Unfortunately this means further endless delays and continuation of the crippling uncertainty

Let’s see what occurs today. Considering Boris is an inept, simpleton, evil dictator and liar the opposition should fist pump taking him on in an election

You forget to mention racist.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20316 on: September 04, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »

Nope let’s block that

The dishonesty, which is so evidently already causing him big problems in the HoC, seems to he less of a problem with the electorate. I think he probably goes well in a GE at the moment. He has one huge problem though. What sort of Brexit is he campaigning for? He needs to pretend he’ll no deal but he still can’t actually do it, if he’s in any way honest about Brexit, he is vulnerable to Farage. If he comes out campaigning for any form of deal, Farage says “PM Dipshit is betraying Brexit” (or words to that effect) and any chance of a Conservative majority is gone. So it’s all about the campaign message for Brexit and it’s clearly not easy, if they get that right (is there an answer?) then he probably goes well. Quite amazing really when you consider the events of yesterday.

He won’t get an election until the No Deal bill has Royal Assent.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #20317 on: September 04, 2019, 08:52:15 AM »

Nope let’s block that

Click to see full-size image.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #20318 on: September 04, 2019, 08:56:34 AM »

Tighty

My weekly question if you don't mind.

Has the whip been withdrawn from the 21 MP's, or is it a future tense expression?
I cant work it out from the papers today. Have the 21 been effectively sacked, or are the papers just assuming that they will not be supported in the future based on what was said in the run up?

If the 21 MP's have already have the whip withdrawn does that mean that Boris has completely lost his majority, and he has to put someone else forward in those constituencies to try and win the seat in a GE?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #20319 on: September 04, 2019, 09:11:21 AM »

Nope let’s block that

Forgot dipshit as well

Amazing that he goes well in a GE because only the enlightened few no the real truth.

Not really fair this voting business when only the few know best.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20320 on: September 04, 2019, 09:14:51 AM »

Nope let’s block that

Forgot dipshit as well

Amazing that he goes well in a GE because only the enlightened few no the real truth.

Not really fair this voting business when only the few know best.

But elections are for the many, not the few...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20321 on: September 04, 2019, 09:15:20 AM »

Tighty

Has the whip been withdrawn from the 21 MP's, or is it a future tense expression?
I cant work it out from the papers today. Have the 21 been effectively sacked, or are the papers just assuming that they will not be supported in the future based on what was said in the run up?

If the 21 MP's have already have the whip withdrawn does that mean that Boris has completely lost his majority, and he has to put someone else forward in those constituencies to try and win the seat in a GE?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

They are out/sacked (comprehensively so).

https://mobile.twitter.com/KeithSimpsonMP?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1169131207864573952&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Flive%2Fuk-politics-49557734

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/the-21-tory-rebels-who-face-the-sack-from-boris-johnson_uk_5d6ec8f1e4b011080455fb20/
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20322 on: September 04, 2019, 09:15:28 AM »

Tighty

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

They have had it withdrawn so barring a reversal of the decision they are no longer members of the conservatives. And they have been told they will not be allowed to stand as members of the conservatives at the next election either.

But they are still MPs.

So yes the conservatives have lost their majority. Well by even more as they had already lost it before this.

Blue text
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20323 on: September 04, 2019, 09:25:57 AM »

This deserves an award, if only for the speed in which it appeared last night after the vote.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20324 on: September 04, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »

Rory Stewart talking a great deal of sense on Sky right now.
Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: