blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:06:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272678 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 1601 1602 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6354730 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #23955 on: November 24, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »

I had a kip on the settee for an hour around 5pm. People are coming home at that time and usually, the dog barks a greeting to each of them as they arrive. When I'm asleep though, she still runs to the door to greet them, but she doesn't bark. Isn't that amazing?

PS- Look after that chest.

ridic clever dog.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #23956 on: November 24, 2011, 02:23:55 AM »

Anyone know who won The Vic event last night? Was it Chompy?
Young James Williams shipped the £300, another one for the good guys. Was gonna respond to your football jibes (have never really got the 'biting' thing, just coz someone corrects something that is wrong, I've never got how that's a 'bite') but the diary went all interesting and educational about all things military, I like the way it steers a course here and there on various subjects, not all of them train-related.

Didn't realise Regards Geo was a real sarge, my first job in London, one of our directors was an ex-army officer who was universally known as the Major. How naive I was to think that he'd actually made the rank of Major, apparently it really annoyed him he never quite got there so was from then on the Major to one and all. Bit humbling seeing the number of medals Geo's son and his peers have considering the layabout lifestyle we poker players have. Wonder what use we would be in a proper world war style war.

When Sir Dave finally retires I read that the primatologist Dr Charlotte Uhlenbroek is being lined up to do more terrestrial tv, shes's very good on Animal Planet/Eden, programmes like Chimpanzee Diary and various gorilla programmes, never miss an episode on Monkey Life on those channels, set in Monkey World in Dorset, great stuff. Watching Frozen Planet makes u think it's time for them to go back and film all sorts of other wildlife programmes from the 80s and 90s again, updted with these fantastic super slo-mos and techniques they now use. Checked Charlotte's spellling on her wiki, know how u love a wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Uhlenbroek
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23957 on: November 24, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »

Young James Williams shipped the £300, another one for the good guys. Was gonna respond to your football jibes (have never really got the 'biting' thing, just coz someone corrects something that is wrong, I've never got how that's a 'bite') but the diary went all interesting and educational about all things military, I like the way it steers a course here and there on various subjects, not all of them train-related.

Didn't realise Regards Geo was a real sarge, my first job in London, one of our directors was an ex-army officer who was universally known as the Major. How naive I was to think that he'd actually made the rank of Major, apparently it really annoyed him he never quite got there so was from then on the Major to one and all. Bit humbling seeing the number of medals Geo's son and his peers have considering the layabout lifestyle we poker players have. Wonder what use we would be in a proper world war style war.

When Sir Dave finally retires I read that the primatologist Dr Charlotte Uhlenbroek is being lined up to do more terrestrial tv, shes's very good on Animal Planet/Eden, programmes like Chimpanzee Diary and various gorilla programmes, never miss an episode on Monkey Life on those channels, set in Monkey World in Dorset, great stuff. Watching Frozen Planet makes u think it's time for them to go back and film all sorts of other wildlife programmes from the 80s and 90s again, updted with these fantastic super slo-mos and techniques they now use. Checked Charlotte's spellling on her wiki, know how u love a wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Uhlenbroek

Thanks Jeff.

Really, I ought to steer clear of football comment, & I usually do, much as I'd like to chew the cud on matters football. There's a football debate on Cos's excellent Diary, it even spread to Facebook, as to whether Bergkamp or Zola is the better. How can that ever have a definitive answer? Just a series of "no, he is better, no HE is better". When in fact, both were quite extraordinary players, & both were worth the entrance fee just to be able to marvel at their consummate skills. We are fortunate to have been able to watch both of them, & that'll do for me. We need more of them, too, & the likes of Cantona, genuine crowd-pullers. If he ever put his mind to it, Berbatov could be a bit special, too. Oops, I did it again.....

Geo? Geo is something of an unsung hero on here. If you have 15 minutes to spare, try reading through this, if ever there was a Thread of the Year thing, this would be right in the mix.......

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54730.0

I thought last night's FP was just amazing - did you see that column of frozen sea water, which froze the sea bed, & the abundance of marine life scurrying around the ocean bed, all instantly frozen to death?

I've not seen Dr Charlotte yet, but I gather she has quite a reputation. Sir David retire? Ain't gonna happen, he'll die in the job, though hopefully not for a goodly while yet.

I'll reply to your PM later today - meanwhile, take down one of those GUKPT Sideys, or even the Main. You know you can.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23958 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

Before I stop eulogising about FP, the You Tube link below features the Producer, a bright young lady called Vanessa Berlowitz, the "brains" behind the Series, worth a look.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gddGjKwmjC0

In it, she suggests there will also be a FP book. On my list already!

Here's the FP wiki page, too.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frozen_Planet

Note.....

I was curious how thy got those "steady-cam" pictures, well the answer, apparently, is.....

"....The aerial photography used the Cineflex and Gyron cameras pioneered on Planet Earth, which enable steady footage to be captured from long-range without disturbing the animals....."

Also.....

Frozen Planet was broadcast on BBC One and BBC HD starting October 26, 2011 and quickly became a ratings success, with the second episode broadcasted on November 2nd, 2011 becoming the highest rating Natural History programme in the UK since 2001.[7] The Australian broadcast followed one day later on October 27th on the Nine Network and the United States broadcast on Discovery scheduled for early 2012.[8] The Discovery Channel, however, is declining to broadcast the final episode, dealing with climate warming issues, in the United States[/b]

What's that about?

OK, I promise, no more FP blatherage. Until the next episode, anyway.

PS - I am so gonna get all the Attenborough BBC stuff on DVD soon, the ideal gift.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:15:07 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #23959 on: November 24, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »

Thanks Jeff.

Really, I ought to steer clear of football comment, & I usually do, much as I'd like to chew the cud on matters football. There's a football debate on Cos's excellent Diary, it even spread to Facebook, as to whether Bergkamp or Zola is the better. How can that ever have a definitive answer? Just a series of "no, he is better, no HE is better". When in fact, both were quite extraordinary players, & both were worth the entrance fee just to be able to marvel at their consummate skills. We are fortunate to have been able to watch both of them, & that'll do for me. We need more of them, too, & the likes of Cantona, genuine crowd-pullers. If he ever put his mind to it, Berbatov could be a bit special, too. Oops, I did it again.....

Geo? Geo is something of an unsung hero on here. If you have 15 minutes to spare, try reading through this, if ever there was a Thread of the Year thing, this would be right in the mix.......

I thought last night's FP was just amazing - did you see that column of frozen sea water, which froze the sea bed, & the abundance of marine life scurrying around the ocean bed, all instantly frozen to death?

I've not seen Dr Charlotte yet, but I gather she has quite a reputation. Sir David retire? Ain't gonna happen, he'll die in the job, though hopefully not for a goodly while yet.

I'll reply to your PM later today - meanwhile, take down one of those GUKPT Sideys, or even the Main. You know you can.

Haha, I started that, thought it was a fair question to debate. Interestingly the tough debate of who is the best foreign player to play in the Prem, of all those that responded everyone said the same person which was suprising.

I prefer Dennis the Menace over Gianfranco.

My Dad actually proper stitched me up in the pub the next day, few of us sitting at the table and two of us love chewing the fat over anything football, my Dad not so much, so I ask the same question and me Dad says "oh ffs here these two go again, your always asking stupid questions that have no answer" lol, I later ask who he thinks is the best foreigner to ever play in the Prem, my Dad then insta comes out with " and then he wants to know who the best no3 was to ever player for Newcastle" whole table was pissing themselves laughing, inc me, well and truly pwned Sad FML.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23960 on: November 24, 2011, 01:12:07 PM »

Thanks Jeff.

Haha, I started that, thought it was a fair question to debate. Interestingly the tough debate of who is the best foreign player to play in the Prem, of all those that responded everyone said the same person which was suprising.

I prefer Dennis the Menace over Gianfranco.

My Dad actually proper stitched me up in the pub the next day, few of us sitting at the table and two of us love chewing the fat over anything football, my Dad not so much, so I ask the same question and me Dad says "oh ffs here these two go again, your always asking stupid questions that have no answer" lol, I later ask who he thinks is the best foreigner to ever play in the Prem, my Dad then insta comes out with " and then he wants to know who the best no3 was to ever player for Newcastle" whole table was pissing themselves laughing, inc me, well and truly pwned Sad FML.

Yup, we all blamed you, anyway.......

It may have been a fair question to "debate", but it was not a debate, was it? It was just "he's best", followed by "no, don't be daft, HE is best".

I suppose I'm being a humbug, apu, but it seemed pointless to me.

Malcolm Macdonald, or Andy Cole? Whoops, there I go again.......Wink Neither could match Thierry for pace, to be fair.......

MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #23961 on: November 24, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »

FP completely blew me away last night. I swear even our dawgs were wincing at the wolf/bison scene. I also wondered if they draw lots at to who would have to shoot the polar bear with cubs from close range.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23962 on: November 24, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »

FP completely blew me away last night. I swear even our dawgs were wincing at the wolf/bison scene. I also wondered if they draw lots at to who would have to shoot the polar bear with cubs from close range.

I have no idea how the wolf survived, he was trampled on several times, & seemed to be well bloodied. Wonder if he did survive, or whether he eventually succumbed to his injuries? Seemed to me both were just driven by instinct.

It was so gripping to watch, but nature is so brutal at times.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23963 on: November 24, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »

This "exclusive" from the Yorkshire Post appeared in almost every newspaper today.

A kid had been caught burgling, so the Police asked him to write a letter of contrition. Think he kinda missed the point.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/central-leeds/leeds_burglar_s_shocking_letter_to_victim_exclusive_1_3995701

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23964 on: November 24, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »

"Sorry Officer, I never saw the sign".......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23965 on: November 24, 2011, 01:56:45 PM »

A good morning.

On Show nights, (as in tonight) I don't go to the office in the morning, it's just too much working from 7am until after Midnight, so I just chill, the Shows do need a bit of energy, & if I work all day, I get a bit flat.

Had 8 or 9 convos with the Office though. We are changing the "minimum sit down" at the Cash Tables, but had quite a debate before arriving at the right answer. Balance, as ever, is the key.

Spoke to Thewy, too, he's been golden for us, & he is gonna feature in a cash game Promotion, "Take on Thewy" sorta thing. The cheeky sod won last nights "Priority Freeroll" on Sky Poker, & last week he took down his own Tourney, "Thews @ Ten", too.  Add in the Cov GUKPT, & he's had a tidy couple of months. He's undecided whether to play the GUKPT Main, or the Irish Open in January, which, I think, reps better value. We leave him to pretty much decide which, & he's not let us down yet. What a signing he has been for us, does all the right things, is on message, & does not need managing. The TV Show he did last week was superb, too, he was "not so good" when he first appeared on the Show, but has nailed it now.

Tonight, we have Paul Jackson as Show Guest, so I'll have an easy night, he talks for England, & needs no prodding, though he can get a bit near the line sometimes, especially as we are on Sky Sports tonight. Few people analyse & articulate hands better than Paul, imo. Level 5 speak is all well & good for 1% of the poker population, but it needs to be understood by the other 99%, too. Few can fail to learn something from him, too. No idea what he does for an encore, though.

All good.

dllewellyn

@daiboot on twitter

View Profile
« Reply #23966 on: November 24, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »

Hi tikay
hope all is well i have taken much enjoyment out of yours and reddogs Diaries in the last few weeks. TY
found this this morning the accused have the right names for the crime!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15862064

DAI
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23967 on: November 24, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »

Hi tikay
hope all is well i have taken much enjoyment out of yours and reddogs Diaries in the last few weeks. TY
found this this morning the accused have the right names for the crime!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15862064

DAI

Yo Dai, thank you, & I hope you & Mrs Boot are well.

The holiday gave me the time & space to rev up my Diary, & I've really enjoyed doing so, thank you. I hope I can keep it going, & peaceful, too. Red's Diary, of course, is the nuts, though he lacks my culture & taste.

Great story, lol @ the "Mullets"!

Religion causes so much disharmony, eh?

Not sure what this bit was about, either.....

"cleanse them of the devil with acts of sexual intimacy".

Not sure I want to, somehow, either.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23968 on: November 24, 2011, 02:09:57 PM »

"Sorry Officer, I never saw the sign".......

People should drive slowly in residential areas.  There should be more 20mph zones imo.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23969 on: November 24, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »

I have no idea how the wolf survived, he was trampled on several times, & seemed to be well bloodied. Wonder if he did survive, or whether he eventually succumbed to his injuries? Seemed to me both were just driven by instinct.

It was so gripping to watch, but nature is so brutal at times.

pretty sure that was bison blood from where they'd been ripping into its leg

disappointed in the bison pack, they could've just come back and saved the littlun

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 1601 1602 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: