blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 514544 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: November 30, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-2854417/Leeds-financial-drama-takes-new-twist-David-Haigh-s-lawyers-write-Football-League-chief-information-relating-allegations-against-club-s-owners.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 01, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has been disqualified by the Football League and asked to resign from the club.

The Football League took the decision after obtaining documents from an Italian court, where Cellino was found guilty of tax evasion.

It believes Cellino has breached its "fit and proper" ownership test.

However, he will be entitled to return to the club from 18 March 2015 and can appeal against the League's ruling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30276764
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: October 19, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34570202

Uwe Rosler has been sacked after 12 games in charge.

His exit leaves Leeds looking for a sixth head coach since Massimo Cellino took over the club 18 months ago.

Italian Cellino sacked 36 head coaches in his 22 years in charge of Cagliari.

Number six looks like it will be Steve Evans.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 19, 2015, 05:24:06 PM »

And now the Football League have banned Cellino again.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-statement-massimo-cellino-2752570.aspx

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 19, 2015, 05:26:42 PM »

quiet day for the reports on the leeds newspapers then...

My eyes are open wide
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: October 19, 2015, 11:15:37 PM »

Haha.

I was in the away end on Saturday, mental scenes Bobby scoring in front of us. Fell down a row and bruises all over.

Leeds need a reliable manager in the mould of hughton, got some decent players, cook, wood, new guy from Dutch league, Buckley will also be good when match fit.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 19, 2015, 11:52:23 PM »

Haha.

I was in the away end on Saturday, mental scenes Bobby scoring in front of us. Fell down a row and bruises all over.

Leeds need a reliable manager in the mould of hughton, got some decent players, cook, wood, new guy from Dutch league, Buckley will also be good when match fit.

Just seen whose being appointed.

Wow.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 20, 2015, 12:05:42 AM »

Why would a "reliable" manager ever go there?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 20, 2015, 12:12:14 AM »

For a decent pay off on a 3 year contract knowing you are only going to have to work 6 months max.  Looks a dream job to me.  Total freeroll for the gaffer.  You have a shot to take leeds to the promised land (albeit unlikely) if you make it you are the hero of all heroes.  If you don't then you get a decent pay off and get back on the manager merry go round for another similar job.  Any manager that doesn't take this huge freeroll is bonkers imo.  There is no downside to your rep long term because of the owner no matter how bad you perform you can just blame the owner.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: October 20, 2015, 12:32:57 AM »

For a decent pay off on a 3 year contract knowing you are only going to have to work 6 months max.  Looks a dream job to me.  Total freeroll for the gaffer.  You have a shot to take leeds to the promised land (albeit unlikely) if you make it you are the hero of all heroes.  If you don't then you get a decent pay off and get back on the manager merry go round for another similar job.  Any manager that doesn't take this huge freeroll is bonkers imo.  There is no downside to your rep long term because of the owner no matter how bad you perform you can just blame the owner.

That assumes the Club will pay up, or have the means to.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: October 20, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »

For a decent pay off on a 3 year contract knowing you are only going to have to work 6 months max.  Looks a dream job to me.  Total freeroll for the gaffer.  You have a shot to take leeds to the promised land (albeit unlikely) if you make it you are the hero of all heroes.  If you don't then you get a decent pay off and get back on the manager merry go round for another similar job.  Any manager that doesn't take this huge freeroll is bonkers imo.  There is no downside to your rep long term because of the owner no matter how bad you perform you can just blame the owner.

Why wouldnt they ahve the means to?  Championship is one of the top leagues in the world nowadays wages wise.  Leeds are one of the 'lolbiggest' clubs in it crowd wise.  How would they be allowed in a court of law to not pay up if they signed a 3 year contract and choose to break it?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:48:17 AM by arbboy » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: October 20, 2015, 01:01:31 AM »

Aren't they employing managers on a rolling deal? In theory you're right it's a free roll think in practice they wouldn't attract anyone worthwhile whilst the current regime is in place

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: October 20, 2015, 10:21:30 AM »

Not long now only another two leeds United managers till Christmas

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: October 29, 2015, 10:20:54 PM »

Why haven't Leeds got a shirt sponsor?  Kappa kit looks decent just surprised no sponsor.  Trying to think of a fatter gaffer in modern day top level english football than your new boss?  He was struggling to get into the tunnel from the dug out at .
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:29:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2759 on: October 30, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »

For a decent pay off on a 3 year contract knowing you are only going to have to work 6 months max.  Looks a dream job to me.  Total freeroll for the gaffer.  You have a shot to take leeds to the promised land (albeit unlikely) if you make it you are the hero of all heroes.  If you don't then you get a decent pay off and get back on the manager merry go round for another similar job.  Any manager that doesn't take this huge freeroll is bonkers imo.  There is no downside to your rep long term because of the owner no matter how bad you perform you can just blame the owner.

Why wouldnt they ahve the means to?  Championship is one of the top leagues in the world nowadays wages wise.  Leeds are one of the 'lolbiggest' clubs in it crowd wise.  How would they be allowed in a court of law to not pay up if they signed a 3 year contract and choose to break it?

I love the expression "lolbig", think that describes lots of the clubs in the championship.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: