blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 514459 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2790 on: March 04, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »

Another win last night sees Leeds well placed for a play off spot into the Premier League, & the original "sad sad" Football Club thread is deathly quiet.

Is it fear of bokking them, or are there no Leeds United fans left?

I believe a few of the shrewdies support Leeds.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: June 07, 2017, 07:38:38 PM »

Pardiola favourite for the job.  Calling Pads to tell us he isn't even in the top 1000 managers.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: June 07, 2017, 08:30:34 PM »

Pardiola favourite for the job.  Calling Pads to tell us he isn't even in the top 1000 managers.

Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 06, 2017, 10:00:11 AM »

Andrea Radrizzani gives himself five years to get Leeds United promoted.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/04/leeds-united-andrea-radrizzani-championship?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 19, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »

Chris wood to burnley for £15m today

My eyes are open wide
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:22 PM »

Chris wood to burnley for £15m today

Sad

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 22, 2017, 12:20:28 PM »

Doubt we have many Leeds Utd fans here these days, but those who are a little older may enjoy these photos.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/paul-reaney-leeds-united?excludenudity=true&sort=mostpopular&mediatype=photography&phrase=paul%20reaney%20leeds%20united#license

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 22, 2017, 01:28:59 PM »

11 years on since the thread creation and only Sovietsong, ChipRich & I remain.

Steelio, The Gib, Linux, "Betfair Poker Guy", ScottishDave? and most noticably the thread creator Acidmouse, are all MIA as are many others.

There hasn't been much talk about over the last few seasons with continous mis-management and mid tables championship finishes but one day soon this sad sad story will end and when that day comes I will be here.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 22, 2017, 01:38:06 PM »

11 years on since the thread creation and only Sovietsong, ChipRich & I remain.

Steelio, The Gib, Linux, "Betfair Poker Guy", ScottishDave? and most noticably the thread creator Acidmouse, are all MIA as are many others.

There hasn't been much talk about over the last few seasons with continous mis-management and mid tables championship finishes but one day soon this sad sad story will end and when that day comes I will be here.

Why would you sell Wood?  Does the club need to money to survive?  Is this just a case now of Leeds never having the finances or ownership to fund even a half hearted attempt to get back to the promised land?  I actually thought you had half a chance this year.
RobM

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 22, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »

I am a fellow Leeds supporter. More of a reader than contributor here.

Agree selling Wood looks like a backwards step but think the chairman sums up the situation in typical classy fashion here: 

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/22221/statement-from-the-chairman

Let's see who we get before the window shuts. If Saiz is the benchmark, seems the new coach/scout set up know what they are doing. Definitely still on the up.

As for Monk going- I personally think Clotet was the brains behind that set up. Boro may still do well this season with the money spent but look out for Oxford for promotion!

MOT to fellow Whites

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 22, 2017, 01:55:52 PM »

Fair enough.  I heard an interview with your scando coach on talksport a few weeks ago with Jim White i think it was.  He sounded extremely 'modern' in his view of the game and impressed me from what he said.  Early thoughts on him?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 22, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »

heard the new coach interviewd post sunderland this week

very impressive i thought.

is it FINALLY more stable off the field so he'll get a medium term go at it?

My eyes are open wide
tiger

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 22, 2017, 02:29:25 PM »

Seems more stable and seems a good manager.

The recruitment this summer has been excellent if Saiz and Alioski are the benchmark. Pennington from Everton gives us a good level of cover at the back too.

The true test will be if we can replace Wood adequately. There were rumours of Gestede from Boro yesterday but apparently that's a no go. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. I think we are a good striker or two short of a challenge. 
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 22, 2017, 04:11:28 PM »

Why would you sell Wood?  Does the club need to money to survive?  Is this just a case now of Leeds never having the finances or ownership to fund even a half hearted attempt to get back to the promised land?  I actually thought you had half a chance this year.

I was pretty confident coming into this season too. Our new owner brought in a new manager, 9 new signings and the team looked to be shaping up nicely.

We hadn't really replaced Bartley at CB but other than that I was excited. I even got a season ticket for the first time in about 6 seasons as Cellino had fucked off. The first few matches were okay, a win and two 0-0s (both at home unsurprisingly, we look a pacey courter-attacking team) but when we sold Wood I was really concerned about Saturdays game at Sunderland. I didn't see how we could score goals without him. I mean we had no strikers left in the squad.

But the new signings were brilliant on Saturday. We have changed everything in one summer. We now have an abundance of small fast skillfull players in midfield/attack so maybe just maybe, Wood isn't the perfect fit. Saiz and Alioscki look the 2 most exciting signings we've made in a decade. Saiz came from 3m from Huesca and a friend who has a season ticket at Almeira (not joking) said he was the best player in the Segunda last season. He plays just off the striker and runs everything. Left footed, great finish, hugely intelligent. And Alioscki was Motm vs Sunderland, 3.5m from The Swiss Pro League where he scored 15 goals last season, hes fast as fuck on the wing. I don't know who is behind signing these players but whoever it is, it looks mighty fine work. With those 2 and Pablo Hernandez playing off an unnamed striker, it promises to be the best football this season we've seen since about 2004. I'm not saying that will be enough to get us up this year as I'm not convinced we will have enough goals but I certainly think we will finish 5th-9th again.

We do need a couple of strikers and fast. Our manager, Thomas Cristensen, played under Johann Cryuff at Barcelona and is trying to adopt a philosophy of football that hasn't been seen before at Elland Road. Personally, I hope we can sign some pacey, skillful strikers to compliment our AM's and not a carthorse like Gestede.

RobM

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 22, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »

A good sunmary from Horneris. I was also worried about Bartley not being replaced but Pennington looked good before getting injured and Cooper somehow looks a different player this season, albeit a small sample. Maybe being chosen as captain by his own teammates has given him something extra. Bartley was a leader along with being a good defender which made him my player of last season. A big hole to fill.

Bridcutt could also be a loss. Down the pecking order vs O'Kane, Phillips, Vierra and Klich but pending injuries,  I feel we may miss him in what is a long season.

I used to be a season ticket holder myself with the old man but he's moved further afield so whilst my lad is still a bit young I'll stick to TV which feels like every other game at the moment! The LUTV international package also makes it very accessible via a VPN or others sharing on social media.

In terms of the chairman and that interview - agree he's an absolute breath of fresh air especially after the years we've had. The best thing i've seen which gets me most excited is a quote (not sure on the exact wording) where he states he's already made his fortune, so he's not here to make money - instead he's here to make history! Absolutely love that!

Granted it's on a 5 year timeline but that 'should' be enough. Curse those parachute payments though.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: