blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:31:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282936 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3405 on: March 06, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »

Great performance.

I'm not having "manu were poor, Liverpool weren't good".  Manu are top of the league and this was a Liverpool side embarrassed by West Ham last week.

Today Liverpool wanted it, and were too much for an underperforming manu side, but one that underperformed under the tempo and pressure from Liverpool.

Suarez, Kuyt and Mereiles exceptional.

Didn't think Mereiles was great today , looked a bit leggy....Lucas was also very good.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: March 07, 2011, 12:26:29 AM »

I thought Meireles was quality in the first half and he seemed to constantly cause Man Yoo's defence problems.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3407 on: March 07, 2011, 08:51:07 AM »

Great performance.

I'm not having "manu were poor, Liverpool weren't good".  Manu are top of the league and this was a Liverpool side embarrassed by West Ham last week.

Today Liverpool wanted it, and were too much for an underperforming manu side, but one that underperformed under the tempo and pressure from Liverpool.

Didn't think Mereiles was great today , looked a bit leggy....Lucas was also very good.

Lucas was very good again, agreed. His passing was excellent, and he bossed the midfield defensively.

I thought Mereiles was very important (although I concede he did tire), and two clearances off the line were also crucial.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3408 on: March 07, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »

Cheesy  Sad

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »

Great performance.

This.

100% this.

Highlight of your season?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3410 on: March 07, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »

Definitely the highlight of my season so far.  Always the biggest game for me.

Paul Merson proving why he's completely useless:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16461_6795006,00.html

I think he manages to get every point he makes exactly wrong!

Cheesy

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3411 on: March 07, 2011, 09:34:18 AM »

(Still, Dalglish shouldn't get any of the credit.  He's largely just using the players he inherited from Hodgson Wink)

sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: March 07, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »

Jeez, that was cringeworthy listenin to Merse, he had'nt a clue.He cant even pronounce Suarez (suavez) wtf.

I remember when we were about to sign Suarez and Merse was saying he had no pace he wasnt the kind of player we needed etc....WP
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3413 on: March 07, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »

Jeez, that was cringeworthy listenin to Merse, he had'nt a clue.He cant even pronounce Suarez (suavez) wtf.

I remember when we were about to sign Suarez and Merse was saying he had no pace he wasnt the kind of player we needed etc....WP

He clearly has never seen Suarez play. Everybody and their granny (including Merse's granny) knows how good Suarez is FFS.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3414 on: March 07, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »

He clearly has never seen Suarez play. Everybody and their granny (including Merse's granny) knows how good Suarez is FFS.

He is clueless.  Reminds me of Charlie Nicholas on Soccer Saturday who would repeatedly say "I just don't understand what Benitez is trying to do" - which is why he isn't a football manager.

Merson wanted to play Mereiles on the left, said Scholes would out-pass Lucas, and wanted to rain long diagonal balls into the box at Carroll, etc.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3415 on: March 07, 2011, 12:37:28 PM »

lol is this Merson trying to do Andy Gray's job? GTFO.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3416 on: March 07, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Both gave great performances.  Neither would have made a career as a model.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: March 07, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »

(Still, Dalglish shouldn't get any of the credit.  He's largely just using the players he inherited from Hodgson Wink)

C'mon Kin, football management is horses for courses. Dalglish is clearly suited to managing Liverpool as anybody dubbed King by supporters would be. It is ridic to suggest the team is the same after a £50m+ change of front line personnel. And Suarez was the catalyst for everything good about Liverpool at the w/end. Also at the w-end we saw Roy's new side batter the Carling Cup winners with a well organised and professional display. WBA have a solid chance of staying up under an astute manager like Hodgson. Like I said horses for courses.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3418 on: March 07, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »

C'mon Kin, football management is horses for courses. Dalglish is clearly suited to managing Liverpool as anybody dubbed King by supporters would be. It is ridic to suggest the team is the same after a £50m+ change of front line personnel. And Suarez was the catalyst for everything good about Liverpool at the w/end. Also at the w-end we saw Roy's new side batter the Carling Cup winners with a well organised and professional display. WBA have a solid chance of staying up under an astute manager like Hodgson. Like I said horses for courses.

Didn't say Hodgson wasn't right for Fulham or WBA. 

He was wrong for Liverpool, had us playing terrible football with the personnel available (long ball, no creativity, etc.) and the excuses and press conferences were embarrassing and did Roy no favours whatsoever.

Also, the front line hasn't had a change of £50m+.  Think about it.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3419 on: March 07, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »

Didn't say Hodgson wasn't right for Fulham or WBA. 

He was wrong for Liverpool, had us playing the football Merson wanted us to play

FYP.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: