blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1296057 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: February 01, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »

Crazy day. £35m is way over the odds for Carroll but Torres forced liverpool into a spot where they had to pay way over the odds for someone. Having said that I think £50m is over the odds for the out of form sulky Torres of this season as well.

£8m for Van der Vaart. What a gift.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: February 01, 2011, 12:35:26 AM »

I think Carroll will turn out to be a great buy for you, he has the potential to be world class, the fact it's just potential at the minute is why it's a great deal for us but still a little disappointed that he's gone.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: February 01, 2011, 12:49:43 AM »

I think Carroll will turn out to be a great buy for you, he has the potential to be world class, the fact it's just potential at the minute is why it's a great deal for us but still a little disappointed that he's gone.

The thing I do not understand  why Newcastle sold him so late with no replacement lined up.

The choices up front are not exactly appealling as a quality Premiership strikeforce.

Best, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Ranger.

Nowhere near safe yet, a couple of losses now, the wobbles will set in.

£35m is great business, but not if it costs you your Premiership place.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: February 01, 2011, 01:36:40 AM »

The thing I do not understand  why Newcastle sold him so late with no replacement lined up.

The choices up front are not exactly appealling as a quality Premiership strikeforce.

We've had a few decent performances recently (except v stevenage...) that carroll has been absent for. I think to claim he's the difference between relegation/survival is a bit extreme.

As much as I'd like Carroll to stay in the side you simply can't turn down £35m+. I wanted to keep him at £30m. But giving it some thought, and then hearing £35m + extras, it's just a ridic price. Just know hoping obviously that the money goes into the team in the summer...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:38:27 AM by Cf » Logged

Blue text
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: February 01, 2011, 01:48:21 AM »

The thing I do not understand  why Newcastle sold him so late with no replacement lined up.

We've had a few decent performances recently (except v stevenage...) that carroll has been absent for. I think to claim he's the difference between relegation/survival is a bit extreme.

As much as I'd like Carroll to stay in the side you simply can't turn down £35m+. I wanted to keep him at £30m. But giving it some thought, and then hearing £35m + extras, it's just a ridic price. Just know hoping obviously that the money goes into the team in the summer...

What price will you lay me that Newcastle score 15 goals or less in the last 15 games of the season?

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: February 01, 2011, 01:58:18 AM »

What price will you lay me that Newcastle score 15 goals or less in the last 15 games of the season?

3/1
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3066 on: February 01, 2011, 01:59:23 AM »

If all the expected transfers happen, then the window will look like this for Liverpool:

OUT: Babel + Torres = £56m.
IN: Suárez + Carroll = £57m.

Total net spending in January: £1m.
fyp

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 01, 2011, 02:16:59 AM »

3/1

£100? Or whatever you are comfortable laying mate.

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 01, 2011, 02:55:24 AM »

3/1

£100? Or whatever you are comfortable laying mate.

£50 and your on
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: February 01, 2011, 03:27:59 AM »

go on then il lay the rest whatever u want at - dont rate them but they should be able to do this
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3070 on: February 01, 2011, 07:03:20 AM »

@ 35mill for Carrol. Ridic poor bit of business.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3071 on: February 01, 2011, 08:10:43 AM »

If all the expected transfers happen, then the window will look like this for Liverpool:

OUT: Babel + Torres = £56m.
IN: Suárez + Carroll = £57m.

Total net spending in January: £1m.
fyp

Yes, disappointing - but looked like the owners are willing to put their hands in their pockets as we were after players, and hopefully that means we will be in the summer.

Torres and Babel out, Suarez and Carroll in - I wouldn't say that's a step backwards for the squad.  We've lost a world-class forward, but he obviously didn't want to be at the club and have (fingers crossed) gained a very effective forward partnership for a few years to come.

Last time Kenny was manager Rush left for Juve.  He signed Aldo, Barnes and Beardsley - they weren't bad replacements.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3072 on: February 01, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »

Quoted for future use.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3073 on: February 01, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »

Quoted for future use.

How many goals does he have to score for you before it's a great bit of business?

It's panic buying at it's very worst.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3074 on: February 01, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »

Quoted for future use.

How many goals does he have to score for you before it's a great bit of business?

It's panic buying at it's very worst.

Didn't say it was a great bit of business.  I just don't think it's "ridic poor bit of business" - and I guess time will tell.

I know if we hadn't signed him, we'd have taken a step backwards this transfer window.

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: