blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268604 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #9285 on: August 28, 2014, 08:38:07 AM »

Donetsk are probably one to avoid.  Where are they playing their home games?

Lviv i think
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: August 28, 2014, 09:21:58 AM »

English champions in pot 2, silly
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: August 28, 2014, 11:20:01 AM »

English 4th place qualifier in pot 1 even more stupid. 
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22:48 AM »

The seedings are based on those teams performances in Europe over the last 5 years.
It seems a perfectly reasonable system.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: August 28, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »

The seedings are based on those teams performances in Europe over the last 5 years.

I don't think it's reasonable at all.  It just helps protect a tv cartel of the big 12 or so clubs going as deep as possible by the seeding being directly linked to previous season's performance which makes breaking it tougher and tougher as each season goes on.  By the every title of the competition the top 8 seeds in pot A should be the top 8 ranked countries champions from the previous season imo.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: August 28, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »

Think it's nailed on we will get barca definitely want to avoid Roma out of pot 4
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: August 28, 2014, 02:30:06 PM »

I don't think it's reasonable at all.  It just helps protect a tv cartel of the big 12 or so clubs going as deep as possible by the seeding being directly linked to previous season's performance which makes breaking it tougher and tougher as each season goes on.  By the every title of the competition the top 8 seeds in pot A should be the top 8 ranked countries champions from the previous season imo.

It's more reasonable than your suggestion Smiley

Your system protects the strongest leagues, the current system protects the strongest clubs. Not much difference and just swings and roundabouts.
Arsenal are in the 1st pot coz they are one of the top 8 teams in the competition (and they would be, even without CL money).
Replacing them with Anderlecht would be silly.
If you wish to redistribute the money the CL generates, there are better ways than promoting your 'affirmative action' policies, which would simply weaken the competition.
I dunno, give the Champions of every league in Europe £10m. Distribute the TV money equally between all the teams that participate.
Even if you did that, or even further, if you gave Anderlecht Arsenals share of the CL money over the next 10 years and gave Arsenal Anderlechts share of money, in 10 years time Arsenal will still be the richer and stronger club due to other income streams.

In your system, teams like Celtic/Apoel/Basel/Olympiakos that have previously done well at European level can't EVER break into the top seeds due to their countries co-efficient.

Also if you have a problem with the title of the Champions League, would you prefer if we named it the 'The Very Good Teams League'?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: August 28, 2014, 02:42:39 PM »

It's more reasonable than your suggestion Smiley

Your system protects the strongest leagues, the current system protects the strongest clubs. Not much difference and just swings and roundabouts.
Arsenal are in the 1st pot coz they are one of the top 8 teams in the competition (and they would be, even without CL money).
Replacing them with Anderlecht would be silly.
If you wish to redistribute the money the CL generates, there are better ways than promoting your 'affirmative action' policies, which would simply weaken the competition.
I dunno, give the Champions of every league in Europe £10m. Distribute the TV money equally between all the teams that participate.
Even if you did that, or even further, if you gave Anderlecht Arsenals share of the CL money over the next 10 years and gave Arsenal Anderlechts share of money, in 10 years time Arsenal will still be the richer and stronger club due to other income streams.

In your system, teams like Celtic/Apoel/Basel/Olympiakos that have previously done well at European level can't EVER break into the top seeds due to their countries co-efficient.

Also if you have a problem with the title of the Champions League, would you prefer if we named it the 'The Very Good Teams League'?

I would personally call it the 'Built for TV league'
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: August 28, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »

What would u call the World Cup?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: August 28, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »

What would u call the World Cup?

A tourny where average players play world class for 3 games and then get bought for ridic sums by premier league managers, never to reproduce that world cup form again
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: August 28, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »

group of death coming in with barca and PSG.  Can the scousers dodge it?
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: August 28, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »

Did I watch/hear that correctly?
When Liverpool were drawn, they could only go into group A B or C?!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: August 28, 2014, 05:56:11 PM »

Did I watch/hear that correctly?
When Liverpool were drawn, they could only go into group A B or C?!

Standard, you can't get drawn into a group with a team from the same Country as you
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: August 28, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »

Lol, I'm dumb, tuned in late and wasn't aware Ajax were already in Group F.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: August 28, 2014, 10:57:08 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Cheesy

Heh took me a minute
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: