blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1277713 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #10035 on: June 05, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »

I'm more interested in the posts of the last few pages which you have chosen to ignore. Several posters have complained about the way arboy posts in this thread but no comment on that from you.

Why does arboy constantly get a free pass to insult and post whatever he wants?

He doesn't, no one does

He is certainly a very robust debater and on occasions when he has taken that too far the mods have had forthright discussions with him

i personally read every post, don't ignore any of them, but I didn't contact arbboy about anything in recent days on this thread. nor have the mods received a single compalint

if anyone wants to formally complain there is a service where people can "report to moderator"

in general terms, a lot of the football threads have become very thin-skinned, in my opinion. this thread didn't used to be one of them.

I'm not a Pool fan but to call the Pool fans thin skinned for asking why Arbboy isn't getting pulled up is a bit rich, Rich. His comments are clearly trolling and way OTT.
He constantly calls Pool fans deluded for thinking they are a top 4 club. I don't think there is a single Pool poster here that has said Pool are going to get (or should be getting) into the top 4 next year. And there was general realism about at the start of this season in this thread too. It wasn't the majority of the fans saying they were going to win the league. They knew they had a fight on just to get into top 4 again.
And yet he never stops banging that drum.

He cannot, or will not, post in a responsible, reasonable and contructive way in either the Pool or the Toon threads. He just trolls relentlessly. Perhaps he isn't aware of it, perhaps he can't control it but he does ruin those threads imo.
If he can't post like an adult, he should be banned from those threads. Just my opinion.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: June 05, 2015, 06:46:28 PM »

I'm more interested in the posts of the last few pages which you have chosen to ignore. Several posters have complained about the way arboy posts in this thread but no comment on that from you.

Why does arboy constantly get a free pass to insult and post whatever he wants?

He doesn't, no one does

He is certainly a very robust debater and on occasions when he has taken that too far the mods have had forthright discussions with him

i personally read every post, don't ignore any of them, but I didn't contact arbboy about anything in recent days on this thread. nor have the mods received a single compalint

if anyone wants to formally complain there is a service where people can "report to moderator"

in general terms, a lot of the football threads have become very thin-skinned, in my opinion. this thread didn't used to be one of them.

You need formal complaints to take action against someone that is a known problem poster. I think you will find a lot of people just stop posting rather than making complaints.

You know 100% his comments go too far but you decide to give him a pass due to the love he gets on TfT.

i don't think "love" is the correct term though of course there is a considerable contribution there yes, which would happen to be irrelevant if he oversteps the mark. I think "problem poster" overstates it enormously, though i know some views and the way they are expressed cause issues. He is not alone in that.

just because you or anyone else don't like a posting style or the content therein doesn't mean its necessarily a problem. nor does it mean that these posts are trolling just because they might express a view that people do not agree with, particularly in football threads where people are easy to get on the defensive about things they are passionate about, or a politics thread where his views were not popular. We got by in the politics thread and we'll get by in the Liverpool thread, and the Arsenal thread where other people were disagreeing with each other fairly robustly yesterday

if someone wants to report any post to the moderator, they are free to do so and we can discuss

As of the last few months (at a guess for the timeframe) there has been no mod discussion about arbboy, and no posts reported

obviously we're not in the business of discouraging people to post though, as both you and Aaron imply is happening. So that needs to be thought about and i am pretty sure that arbboy doesn't want that either 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: June 05, 2015, 06:47:10 PM »

Can you stop banging the 1986 drum, Mark?

Liverpool are a massive club, they're just not one of the strongest in the Premier League.

I don't think many of the fans here are too deluded, definitely better than most of the ones I've come across in bars over the years.

FWIW, I wish that they were, because I used to love nothing more than a good wind up of the lads I used to work with that were reds Smiley

Liverpool are without doubt the second biggest club in the country.

They just currently do not have the resources of Chelsea or Man City or the leadership of Arsenal.

For clarity, who are you suggesting is the biggest? I'd hate to make an incorrect assumption.

Milner is an excellent signing for Liverpool. A good example for Henderson and others to follow and learn from, a solid dependable professional and still capable of producing game changing moments. There's a reason why he's been in every England Squad for years.
He's still only *29* and almost certainly has at least three good seasons left in him.
Of course he won't propel Liverpool into the Top 4, on his own, but he will help them in that aim and if BR can get him, Henderson, Lallana and Sturridge all firing together there's a potential added bonus for England. even better for both if Sterling stays.

** Arbboy please note. 29, not 'into his thirties'   

United obviously.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10038 on: June 05, 2015, 07:01:29 PM »

Several people have complained about him in this thread recently. Some are Liverpool fans some aren't. So just because it's not of a formal nature the complaints should still be taken seriously.

This thread has been running for 10 years. Don't be Suprised to see this thread go quiet like so many others I won't be posting while arboy continues his rants that get a free pass.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10039 on: June 05, 2015, 07:15:27 PM »

Baron I'm hearing Milner is on £110k not £150k. Have you any details on his contract?

Micky Quin on talk sport this morning said he had signed for 105k a year and guaranteed games for 2 years. Compared with no guarantee and 170k at city. He the accidently named Mike Marsh as his source.

If true has to be a good deal.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: June 05, 2015, 07:27:54 PM »

I think he is an excellent signing and a bargain, even at £150k a week.
Decent England international on a free, who without doubt improves Liverpool.
I don't buy that he's burnt out either. Doesn't play enough games to be burnt out.

When he's going downhill, Stoke can buy him, they like our castoffs..lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: June 05, 2015, 07:43:41 PM »

I'm a Milner fanboy, proper 100% player every game, very under-rated imo.

I'm not a fanboy of contracts with "guaranteed appearance" clauses though.

Do they really exist?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: June 05, 2015, 09:14:24 PM »

QPR have brought in a whole raft of internationals in their late 20s early 30s who have played for the top teams abnd joined us for one last pay day before retiring.

Ji Sung Park
Rio Ferdinand
Chris Samba
Shaun Wright Phillips
Bobby Zamora
Jose Boswinga

Apart from one Zamora goal at Wembley, all have been bitter disappointments and a complete waste of money.

I doubt you will anyboody had a bad word for any of them before they joined. Indeed most were seen as "excellent" signings.

Watch Milner crash and burn just like the Loftus Road 6 did.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: June 05, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »

guaranteed game clause is abs ridiculous if true

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: June 06, 2015, 12:18:17 AM »

Milner is a good signing you need players like that in your squad who can can do a job in multiple positions can't believe he's been guaranteed game time in his contract,I'm sure he will have given assurances of regular game time and the chance to start in his favoured position in the middle. I'm more worried about the changes in the coaching staff surely it wouldn't have been Rodgers decision to move pascoe on? Sounds like fsg calling the shots
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10045 on: June 06, 2015, 12:29:41 AM »

I really don't understand why a grown man would waste their time writing out the posts arrboy does.

It's like an atheist constantly posting on a religious forum telling them all how deluded they are.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: June 06, 2015, 01:04:36 AM »

I really don't understand why a grown man would waste their time writing out the posts arrboy does.

It's like an atheist constantly posting on a religious forum telling them all how deluded they are.

He does it because he gets pleasure from winding you all up.

If y'all ignored him, he would soon get bored.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: June 06, 2015, 01:52:20 AM »

I think it's funny you all bite so much at anyone who dares to say Liverpool are not the club they were 25/30 year ago. Free money laying them for the premier league and same this year
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: June 06, 2015, 01:56:20 AM »

I think it's funny you all bite so much at anyone who dares to say Liverpool are not the club they were 25/30 year ago. Free money laying them for the premier league and same this year

Sure is a good summary of the last few pages...

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: June 06, 2015, 02:42:21 AM »

He does it because he gets pleasure from winding you all up.

If y'all ignored him, he would soon get bored.

This obv. It has to be said though he's easily the goat troll of blonde, so much better than all the rest it's not even close, it's clearly something he's spent a lot of his life putting a lot of work into becoming so good at it. I guess he's got a lot more free time now he never arbs anymore, much respect for that Arbboy (your Trolling skillz that is not the fact you make a living from Arbboy facts and not just from arbing). That said he can't single handidly take all the credit for the fact it's now no longer possible for there to be one worthwhile conversation about Football on here anymore, quite a few others aspiring to be as good as him, but fail pretty hard at it.
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: