blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 675 676 [677] 678 679 680 681 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282635 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10140 on: July 09, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »

Anyway, in other news - Gary McAllister as 1st team coach.  Good move imo.

Has he been a coach since leaving Liverpool? - don't think I have heard anything of him since he stopped playing.
Congrats on your recent wedding.  Hope you both will be very happy together.

Dan got married ?  Funny , he never mentioned it.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: July 09, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »

So is he sick, or is he simply avoiding going to work because he doesn't like his manager?

If he wants to move, why not hand in the transfer request?  Oh no, he wants to move AND he wants to make sure he doesn't lose out on the transfer money available.
He doesn't need that extra money.

No problem any player moving to a club for money.  No problem with a player moving to another club because they think they'll win more trophies there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because they think it'll be an easier life there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because their missus likes the shopping there.  No problem someone moving to a different club because they prefer the colour of the home shirt.

I do have a problem with how Sterling and his agent have tried to engineer this move. 

He hasn't handed in a transfer request?

Wow, did not know that. Pretty surprising.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: July 09, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »

What % of a transfer fee does a player get nowadays? Used to 10% didn't it?

And I'm assuming if he put a transfer request in, he gets zilch?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10143 on: July 09, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »

So is he sick, or is he simply avoiding going to work because he doesn't like his manager?

If he wants to move, why not hand in the transfer request?  Oh no, he wants to move AND he wants to make sure he doesn't lose out on the transfer money available.
He doesn't need that extra money

No problem any player moving to a club for money.  No problem with a player moving to another club because they think they'll win more trophies there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because they think it'll be an easier life there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because their missus likes the shopping there.  No problem someone moving to a different club because they prefer the colour of the home shirt.

I do have a problem with how Sterling and his agent have tried to engineer this move. 

Isn't the bit in bold exactly the same as with Lallana last year in his protracted move to Liverpool? Did you feel so strongly then?

I said I don't mind players moving to clubs for any reason, including money.  Sterling has said that this isn't about money though.  If he wants to maximise the money coming to him, then he might think this is the best strategy.  I think it's going to backfire in his face.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10144 on: July 09, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »

What % of a transfer fee does a player get nowadays? Used to 10% didn't it?

And I'm assuming if he put a transfer request in, he gets zilch?

Yeah, something like that. 

He obviously wants to move (you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work that one out Cheesy ), so why not hand in the transfer request if it's not about the money?   I think he's an excellent player, and would probably do very well in a good side.  He's just gone about this in completely the wrong way, and he also thinks he's currently better than he actually is.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: July 09, 2015, 07:38:42 PM »

I know there's a whole bunch of nuances and these guys have a lot of money - but I don't see what he's doing is any different to how people might behave with an unreasonable employer.

Make life difficult and maximise your exit money - not so bad really even if the greed kinda sticks in the craw

sola virtus nobilitat
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: July 09, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »

I know there's a whole bunch of nuances and these guys have a lot of money - but I don't see what he's doing is any different to how people might behave with an unreasonable employer.

Make life difficult and maximise your exit money - not so bad really even if the greed kinda sticks in the craw

Oh come off it, we're not talking about a hand-to-mouth working employee holding out for £30k rather than £10k here, he's already loaded and after £5m rather than 'just' the £1m signing on fee he'd get with Citeh. Greed, greed, greed. It's sickening. People may say they only have a limited career span, but as soon as they have a a couple of seasons in the EPL, they have enough to never 'need' to work again  

The most galling thing in all this as someone just said, he really thinks he's better than he actually is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:02:55 PM by DropTheHammer » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10147 on: July 09, 2015, 08:14:39 PM »

The employer isn't being unreasonable though. He's the one who wants to break the contract he has, he's the one that won't train or fulfil his obligations with the pre-season tour in the Far East.  His employer offered him a 200% pay rise, he turned it down.  He said it's not about the money though, but won't hand in that transfer request to make the move easier...

Oh, and happy birthday fella thumbs up

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: July 09, 2015, 08:23:33 PM »

The employer isn't being unreasonable though. He's the one who wants to break the contract he has, he's the one that won't train or fulfil his obligations with the pre-season tour in the Far East.  His employer offered him a 200% pay rise, he turned it down.  He said it's not about the money though, but won't hand in that transfer request to make the move easier...

Oh, and happy birthday fella thumbs up

lol, thanks, if they'd offered him 300% I'd agree with you. Football is a funny construct altogether - much better if there were no transfer fees and players were straightforward employees. When we focus on player greed it's easy to forget just how greedy the top flight clubs/employers are - man of the people me, always on the side of the underdog.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: July 09, 2015, 09:03:53 PM »

They may never 'need to work again', if they had the lifestyle of the average joe, but they don't.

As for thinking he's better than he is, isn't that the case with most people, in all walks of life?

I imagine leaving a few million on the table that's easily obtainable would probably seem stupid to a young kid that has come from nothing.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10150 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:12 PM »

They may never 'need to work again', if they had the lifestyle of the average joe, but they don't.

As for thinking he's better than he is, isn't that the case with most people, in all walks of life?

Yes, most are wrong.

I imagine leaving a few million on the table that's easily obtainable would probably seem stupid to a young kid that has come from nothing.

He was offered a £3.4million pay rise.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: July 09, 2015, 09:39:34 PM »

honestly I think his behaviour is pretty appauling.

i'd fucking love it if Brendan and FSG just said 'no worries kid, you don't have to come to Asia. These are the reserves you'll be playing with for the rest of your contract and you start work at 4am every morning. Every second you're late we'll fine you a week's wage'.

they obviously won't, but it would be fucking brilliant.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: July 09, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »

Yes, most are wrong.

I don't disagree Smiley

He was offered a £3.4million pay rise.

Why work a year for what you can get with a tantrum?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: July 09, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »

FWIW, I think he is a helmet.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10154 on: July 09, 2015, 10:49:18 PM »

FWIW, I think he is a helmet.

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 673 674 675 676 [677] 678 679 680 681 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: