blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282844 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10125 on: July 02, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »

I'm not convinced Benteke is the right striker for Liverpool (better than what we had last season though!!), but this is an interesting post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/3bjl5z/clearing_up_some_misconceptions_surrounding/

Any Villa fans got thoughts on this?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: July 02, 2015, 06:05:40 PM »

Didn't you spend £35m on a striker who was good in the air and then pass to him on the ground?

And then didn't you spend £4m on another striker who is good in the air and then pass to him on the ground?

Yes? In that case, Benteke seems to fit Rodgers's system perfectly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10127 on: July 02, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »

Hearing we only got £2m for Coates.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: July 02, 2015, 07:23:07 PM »

Hearing we only got £2m for Coates.

Still fleeced them

Carpe Diem
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10129 on: July 02, 2015, 07:30:42 PM »

I'm not convinced Benteke is the right striker for Liverpool

Think he would be a huge mistake

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10130 on: July 02, 2015, 10:05:14 PM »

Talk of balo going on loan to Newcastle

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: July 02, 2015, 10:06:02 PM »

I'm not convinced Benteke is the right striker for Liverpool

Think he would be a huge mistake

1/4 odds for him to join apparantly

Carpe Diem
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: July 09, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »

Raheem Sterling would stay if anyone BUT Brendan Rodgers was Liverpool manager http://mirr.im/1NTLpOa 

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: July 09, 2015, 10:06:02 AM »

Raheem Sterling would stay if anyone BUT Brendan Rodgers was Liverpool manager http://mirr.im/1NTLpOa 

Click to see full-size image.

BBC Interview which broke the whole contract wrangle, he stated he'd have signed a long term deal if it was offered then (Jan 2014 iirc).  During that interview it was about winning trophies, playing reg in CL (understandable)

......now it's all because of Rodgers?  Mmmh.  This statement moves the goal-posts once more and seemingly heaps more pressure of FWS to sell him on the grounds that his relationship with the manager (who they've clearly backed this summer) has broken beyond repair..so why keep him.  city may then be tempted to hold as long as they dare for a 40-45m instead of the 50m we want.

Player Power is so huge these days it's scary.

Either way he hasn't been advised very well imo, or he has acted very professionally.

Carpe Diem
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10134 on: July 09, 2015, 01:38:46 PM »

Sooner he is out the door the better.

Crazy that he isn't in breach of contract for doing all this without handing in a transfer request.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10135 on: July 09, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »

So is he sick, or is he simply avoiding going to work because he doesn't like his manager?

If he wants to move, why not hand in the transfer request?  Oh no, he wants to move AND he wants to make sure he doesn't lose out on the transfer money available.
He doesn't need that extra money.

No problem any player moving to a club for money.  No problem with a player moving to another club because they think they'll win more trophies there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because they think it'll be an easier life there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because their missus likes the shopping there.  No problem someone moving to a different club because they prefer the colour of the home shirt.

I do have a problem with how Sterling and his agent have tried to engineer this move. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10136 on: July 09, 2015, 01:58:20 PM »

Anyway, in other news - Gary McAllister as 1st team coach.  Good move imo.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10137 on: July 09, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »

Has he been a coach since leaving Liverpool? - don't think I have heard anything of him since he stopped playing.
Congrats on your recent wedding.  Hope you both will be very happy together.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10138 on: July 09, 2015, 02:37:55 PM »

Has he been a coach since leaving Liverpool? - don't think I have heard anything of him since he stopped playing.
Congrats on your recent wedding.  Hope you both will be very happy together.

Cheers fella! 

McAllister was manager and Leeds and Coventry, and also assistant manager at Villa.  Not sure he's proved himself to be a good manager, but I think a coaching role will be ideal for him.  Always a consummate professional and a mentor that Steven Gerrard said was probably his biggest influence in his career in terms of how to approach football, looking after himself, etc.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: July 09, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »

So is he sick, or is he simply avoiding going to work because he doesn't like his manager?

If he wants to move, why not hand in the transfer request?  Oh no, he wants to move AND he wants to make sure he doesn't lose out on the transfer money available.
He doesn't need that extra money

No problem any player moving to a club for money.  No problem with a player moving to another club because they think they'll win more trophies there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because they think it'll be an easier life there.  No problem with someone moving to a different club because their missus likes the shopping there.  No problem someone moving to a different club because they prefer the colour of the home shirt.

I do have a problem with how Sterling and his agent have tried to engineer this move. 

Isn't the bit in bold exactly the same as with Lallana last year in his protracted move to Liverpool? Did you feel so strongly then?
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: