blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331619 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17415 on: February 07, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »

hi Steve, nice to hear from you. How is work going mate, you had any jollies in the US lately. I am still getting over Zanyetta beating that horse from knowhere.

Hi Phil, all is well with me. I'm back working for Highflyer, working on RUK & Turf TV mainly. I'm probably going to go to Kentucky after the Derby to meet up with Mark Johnson (for those who don't know, Mark is the English racing commentator who landed the job as the track announcer for Churchill Downs) and spend a week going racing at Churchill, playing some golf & drinking lots!

Zenyatta was just brilliant wasn't she? I see Oaklawn are offering a $5m bonus if her & Rachel Alexandra meet in the Apple Blossom Stakes in April. That would be brilliant if they did race against each other!

Anyway, how are things with you Phil? Hope the family are well. Are you looking forward to the Superbowl on Sunday?

Good to hear mate, that would be some race if they do get it on. Family are all good we are awaiting a new edition hopefully in the next week. Same thing happens to me evry NFL season, I get to the play offs and have had enough, the play off lines are all super solid and its tough. Promise you wont laugh but my only bets so far are Indy to have the most rushing yards at 9/5, they are 2nd fav but not as big as that and errrr I have had three bets on what song The Who will play first, there was a list that included a 7/4 fav that they never play in a short set and three of the songs were the theme tunes to 3 of the CSI shows, including CSI Miami. CSI is commisioned by CBS who just happen to be covering the Superbowl so it was a little but of guesswork but im on

Babba O Reilly,Who are you and Wont get fooled again at a combined 2/1, I read an onterview last week with Townsend that said they were to do a 5 song set and those 3 were part of it, I just need em to sing one of those first ;o). I am also contemplating a bet on how long will the National anthem will take to sing as the girl that is singing has done it many times before and I have the length of those renditions to hand.

How sad am I??

The good news on the national anthem front is the girl beat here personal best by 3 seconds. Just need The Who to do the right thing now. ;o)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17416 on: February 08, 2010, 01:23:08 AM »

hi Steve, nice to hear from you. How is work going mate, you had any jollies in the US lately. I am still getting over Zanyetta beating that horse from knowhere.

Hi Phil, all is well with me. I'm back working for Highflyer, working on RUK & Turf TV mainly. I'm probably going to go to Kentucky after the Derby to meet up with Mark Johnson (for those who don't know, Mark is the English racing commentator who landed the job as the track announcer for Churchill Downs) and spend a week going racing at Churchill, playing some golf & drinking lots!

Zenyatta was just brilliant wasn't she? I see Oaklawn are offering a $5m bonus if her & Rachel Alexandra meet in the Apple Blossom Stakes in April. That would be brilliant if they did race against each other!

Anyway, how are things with you Phil? Hope the family are well. Are you looking forward to the Superbowl on Sunday?

Good to hear mate, that would be some race if they do get it on. Family are all good we are awaiting a new edition hopefully in the next week. Same thing happens to me evry NFL season, I get to the play offs and have had enough, the play off lines are all super solid and its tough. Promise you wont laugh but my only bets so far are Indy to have the most rushing yards at 9/5, they are 2nd fav but not as big as that and errrr I have had three bets on what song The Who will play first, there was a list that included a 7/4 fav that they never play in a short set and three of the songs were the theme tunes to 3 of the CSI shows, including CSI Miami. CSI is commisioned by CBS who just happen to be covering the Superbowl so it was a little but of guesswork but im on

Babba O Reilly,Who are you and Wont get fooled again at a combined 2/1, I read an onterview last week with Townsend that said they were to do a 5 song set and those 3 were part of it, I just need em to sing one of those first ;o). I am also contemplating a bet on how long will the National anthem will take to sing as the girl that is singing has done it many times before and I have the length of those renditions to hand.

How sad am I??

The good news on the national anthem front is the girl beat here personal best by 3 seconds. Just need The Who to do the right thing now. ;o)

You aging sods!!

Of the 3 I bet they sang 2 of em 2nd and 3rd.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
wormster

View Profile
« Reply #17417 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:53 AM »

How sad am I??

You aging sods!!

you were spot on apart from 30 seconds of "pinball wizard"! bastards!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17418 on: February 08, 2010, 03:52:09 AM »

How sad am I??

You aging sods!!

you were spot on apart from 30 seconds of "pinball wizard"! bastards!

Yeah that buggered it up no end, could have been a three timer up there as Indy got the most rushing yards by a long way too.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #17419 on: February 08, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »

I know you love the correct use of the Queens English old man, so thought of you while over hearing a fella talking to his girlfriend at the train station ... the exact exchange went like this

Her "This station is a mess"

Him, "yeah, they're doing shit and shit"

I actually burst out laughing and he glared at me ... which made me laugh even more !

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17420 on: February 08, 2010, 05:39:08 PM »

I know you love the correct use of the Queens English old man, so thought of you while over hearing a fella talking to his girlfriend at the train station ... the exact exchange went like this

I actually burst out laughing and he glared at me ... which made me laugh even more !

Which station was it?

I've not forgiven you for getting Mother Hen to wind me up over the DTD PA last night. "19 players left. Plus tikay, but he'll bubble, don't worry".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #17421 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »

Which station was it?

I've not forgiven you for getting Mother Hen to wind me up over the DTD PA last night. "19 players left. Plus tikay, but he'll bubble, don't worry".

It was Fratton station, one of the Pompey staions.

As for Trumpers PA rub, the best bit was "Average stack is 66,666 which most players are close to, apart from someone who has been grinding 3 bigs for 3 hours"

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17422 on: February 08, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »

A good salad, you can't beat it.

Wash that down with a mug of hot oxo, who needs latte?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17423 on: February 08, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »

I like salad, but that just looks like shit and shit

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17424 on: February 08, 2010, 07:29:28 PM »

I like salad, but that just looks like shit and shit

This salad is a mess.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #17425 on: February 08, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »

That's not a salad! Where's the lettuce? Cucumber?

That's just Ham and Eggs with a chopped tommy and something else.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17426 on: February 08, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »

wtf? looks like a meal amatay would make

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17427 on: February 08, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »

Don't eat lettuce or cucumber. Ever.

The something else is beetroot, ffs.

Rate my salad?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17428 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »

That's just shit and shit with chopped shit and some other shit.

fyp

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17429 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »

Don't eat lettuce or cucumber. Ever.

The something else is beetroot, ffs.

Rate my salad?

9.5  you forgot the cheddar

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: