blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333275 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17445 on: February 09, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »

Programme sounds like The History of the World in 100 Objects.

www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/

Good spot Andrew - it was exactly hat.

Thank you.

Well, maybe not exactly hat.....

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17446 on: February 09, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »

Programme sounds like The History of the World in 100 Objects.

www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/

Good spot Andrew - it was exactly hat.

Thank you.

Well, maybe not exactly hat.....

To you, I doff my that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17447 on: February 09, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »

You spend enough time in London these days to have some quality time investigating these things up close and personal by visiting the museums.

DO IT !!

Exactly. The finest museums in the world on your doorstep, & all (mostly free).

My favourite, not widely known is Sir John Soane's Museum  http://www.soane.org/

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17448 on: February 09, 2010, 04:19:45 PM »

The Natural History Museum and Science Museum for me, but there are so many to choose from.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
stevie boy
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #17449 on: February 09, 2010, 04:34:48 PM »

Day -1.

OK, I'm all set for Vegas.

The cat (Angell) is safely installed in the local Cattery (he not happy), the milk is cancelled, all the bills paid. To hell with the lawn, it only grows again.

So Sunday morning it is, to join no doubt a 3 hour check-in & security queue at Gatwick.

I stop off on the way to pick up Dave "Compo" Compton, who lives right by the Airport. Stansted Airport, sadly. So, 2 hours from Derby to his house, another 90 minutes to Gatters, 3 hours queue, and that's before the 10 hour flight. Am I not looking forward to that? Oh well, a good book will help, I'm reading the story of DNA right now, mind-boggling stuff. Also the "Google" story - wow, them boys turned advertising on it's head.

We are booked into the Hollywood Resort (formerly the Aladdin), along with the rest of the Poker Week crew - Rhowena, Steve Meehan (blondeite "wormster"), Billy (cameraman), & Tim (Sound, Editing & Camera). They travelled out a few days ago, to organise the bars, I imagine.

It's my second trip to Vegas, I went in '05, but I overdid it that year, too much work, too much play, & not enough sleep nearly killed me. I was Updating, doing 425 work, writing a Daily Diary, & playing. Too much.

I was Sponsored into a $1,500 WSOP Event, (my first & last) & managed to cash, a big thrill, but I don't plan to play any WSOP jobbies this year. Compo & me, when not working, will cruise the gaffs & find nice little comps around town, & I'm looking forward to that part immensely.

Work-wise, the idea is to record 3 editions of Poker Week out there, & do some "Postcard from the Strip" stuff for Sky Poker. We have interviews lined up with some tidy faces, too, including Stu Fox, & one P Hellmuth Jnr.

Vegas, as a City/Town, whatever, does nothing for me. Architecturally, Wynn's apart, the place is dull as dishwater. Any place that advertises a 1/20th scale-model of the Eiffel Tower - real plastic mind - is never gonna flick my switches. And the heat.....43c, way too much, so it's feast or famine, unbearably hot outside, &  over air-conditioned inside. The scale, & number, of Hotels is awesome, beyond belief, they are huge. But if you wanna play Tourneys, or Cash, 24/7, Vegas is the place.

A big "thank you" to Poker Week & Sky Poker, who are picking up the tab. I know, I'm a jammy git.

OK, that's it for today, I got a queue to join.

Name that tune.

It's wonderful to be here,

It's certainly a thrill.

How easy is that, for starters?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17450 on: February 09, 2010, 04:43:22 PM »

Try "Live Poker".

I doubt if the list has been published yet, though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17451 on: February 09, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »

Yo Ti-to-the-muther-humpin-Kay

Sorry if I missed it, but is 'In Poker' or whatever you call it coming back any time soon? I always quited liked those shows.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17452 on: February 09, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »

Jeez - what's the frigging attraction of aggro all of a sudden? - almost everyone - even some of the brighter ones - just want frigging aggro, at every opportunity, any excuse, they all pile in.

And make a mistake? Oh my God,. NEVER make a mistake! The neverhadajobsworths don't like mistakes.

My time on Poker Forums is fast drawing to a close, who needs the aggro? And I pay £300 a month out of my pocket for the privelege of keeping this one open. I can find much better things to do with £300 every month.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:44:06 PM by tikay » Logged

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17453 on: February 09, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

I said this on another thread.

"Mods know this and I wonder if mistake #2 is just a handy way for them to cover themselves having made mistake #1."

It seems that Tikay took this as a dig at him personally.

I didn't know that it was Tikay who decided to delete the thread, I thought he was just announcing that that was the mods desicion.
I later retracted the accusation that this was what might have motivated the moderators.

It wasn't meant as a persnal attack, but that's how it was taken and I accept responsibility for that so therefore I offer an additional apology, in public, just directed at Tikay, for causing any offence.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17454 on: February 09, 2010, 06:05:20 PM »

Jeez - what's the frigging attraction of aggro all of a sudden? - almost everyone - even some of the brighter ones - just want frigging aggro, at every opportunity, any excuse, they all pile in.

And make a mistake? Oh my God,. NEVER make a mistake! The neverhadajobsworths don't like mistakes.

My time on Poker Forums is fast drawing to a close, who needs the aggro? And I pay £300 a month out of my pocket for the privelege of keeping this one open. I can find much better things to do with £300 every month.

Have I missed something?

What's this in reference to?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #17455 on: February 09, 2010, 06:08:43 PM »

Have I missed something?

Me too! Hope this is a wind up? We love you Tikay x
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17456 on: February 09, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »

Have I missed something?

Leave it Cos, please, I've had enough needless aggro for one day.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17457 on: February 09, 2010, 06:11:36 PM »

Phew, thought it was cos I asked if In Poker was making a return to our screens  
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17458 on: February 09, 2010, 06:44:19 PM »

An hour or two on the Diary later this afternoon, I hope, to answer some questions, & generally Update. Life is as interesting as ever, but I suppose it depends how you define "interesting". But my happiness level is higher than it's been for a goodly while - God bless Rob & Nick at DTD - & my stress levels are falling correspondingly. As is my weight.

But for now, I caught a bit of a most wonderful little prog on Radio 4 this morning. Can't recall it's title, but it was "most important historical things" or somesuch.

Anyway, they started banging on about something in the British Museum that I'd never heard of, so I got busy googling, & it was just awesome.

It was called the "Rhind Mathematical Papyrus", & it's incredible stuff. Rhind was a Scot, I gather.

A background to it is here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhind_Mathematical_Papyrus

How could I get to my age without knowing of these things? I really have wasted so much of my life.

How wrong can you be? Another afternoon wholly wasted. God, I HATE it when time is stolen by puerile nonsense.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17459 on: February 09, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »

why do you continue to mod blonde when you clearly hate doing it? you're busy enough with all the other things you do which you enjoy without doing something you don't

enjoy yourself posting on here but leave the modding to the others imo

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: