blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333084 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17460 on: February 09, 2010, 07:07:28 PM »

why do you continue to mod blonde when you clearly hate doing it? you're busy enough with all the other things you do which you enjoy without doing something you don't

enjoy yourself posting on here but leave the modding to the others imo

I don't hate Modding - I hate un-necessary aggro. And when a Thread gets hot, I can always predict precisely the usual suspects who will be there prodding & poking, to deliberately stir it up even more. 

I've asked scores of people the same question - not one has answered it yet - perhaps you can do better. Why do these sorts so enjoy aggro for the sake of it? Have they never seen real aggro in their lives?

Anyway, I've got things to do, that's me done for now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17461 on: February 09, 2010, 07:26:48 PM »

you certainly give off the impression that you hate it

I think you may find that what you see as aggro others see as conversation

from my point of view neither of today's threads got heated, yes there was a little disagreement and that was discussed pretty civilly

from your point of view there was aggro and that's why I question why you'd want to get involved when it inevitably leads to something you hate

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17462 on: February 09, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »

Jeez - what's the frigging attraction of aggro all of a sudden? - almost everyone - even some of the brighter ones - just want frigging aggro, at every opportunity, any excuse, they all pile in.

And make a mistake? Oh my God,. NEVER make a mistake! The neverhadajobsworths don't like mistakes.

My time on Poker Forums is fast drawing to a close, who needs the aggro? And I pay £300 a month out of my pocket for the privelege of keeping this one open. I can find much better things to do with £300 every month.

Have I missed something?

What's this in reference to?

Leave it Cos, please, I've had enough needless aggro for one day.

Sorry sir, I might just come give you a cuddle on saturday Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17463 on: February 09, 2010, 08:06:37 PM »

why do you continue to mod blonde when you clearly hate doing it? you're busy enough with all the other things you do which you enjoy without doing something you don't

enjoy yourself posting on here but leave the modding to the others imo

I don't hate Modding - I hate un-necessary aggro. And when a Thread gets hot, I can always predict precisely the usual suspects who will be there prodding & poking, to deliberately stir it up even more. 

I've asked scores of people the same question - not one has answered it yet - perhaps you can do better. Why do these sorts so enjoy aggro for the sake of it? Have they never seen real aggro in their lives?

Anyway, I've got things to do, that's me done for now.

Tis the internet, lots of bravado sitting behind your computer screen, especially if you never meet the people face to face. As it is with it being such an impersonable way of communicating its very easy to get the wrong end of the stick and for alot of people to go off on different tangents. As with every where in life some people have bad days, some people like winding people up, some people are too easily wound up, some people aren't very nice. On a public forum you have the opportunity for all of that and more.

I agree with gatso that you don't really need to be modding yourself, however I do like the speed with which you and other mods air their views on why they did things. thumbs up
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17464 on: February 09, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »

you certainly give off the impression that you hate it

I think you may find that what you see as aggro others see as conversation

from my point of view neither of today's threads got heated, yes there was a little disagreement and that was discussed pretty civilly

from your point of view there was aggro and that's why I question why you'd want to get involved when it inevitably leads to something you hate

Must say I read the thread and it was pretty funny, did think when the pictures got added that it might go wrong. However there was certainly no aggro: claire made a point about the pics and that was about it all the other comments and subsequent comments on the thread about its deletion were all in a civil manner.

Really do think you complain about a load of stuff that you shouldn't be bothering your backside about tbh.

Good seeing you at the weekend, take it easy man and chill out a bit.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17465 on: February 09, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »

You need 2 parties for aggro really, let the mods do the work Tikay.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17466 on: February 10, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »

Yo Ti-to-the-muther-humpin-Kay

Sorry if I missed it, but is 'In Poker' or whatever you call it coming back any time soon? I always quited liked those shows.

Not that I'm aware of Barry. They cost good money to make, & there are more direct, more cost-effective, & more measurable ways of spending that cash. So I'm not holding my breath. I enjoyed making them, enormously, but it is what it is. At least I get Sundays off now!

The Room is also doing very nicely indeed, due to a range of stuff, lots of this & that, so when traffic & revenues are running at record levels, as they have been the last few months, I don't see any major change of thought process in the near-term. If we could secure a slot on a Mainstream Channel, well that's a different story, but the reality is, if they did, I'd not get the gig.

I've done three different Magazine Shows now - Poker 425, Poker Week, & In-Poker, & all have finished. There's a trend there somewhere. I've also helped close two Channels - Channel 425, & PNL. Bit of an albatross, me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17467 on: February 10, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »

Johnny Dankworth died a few days back, he was 82 I think.

I don't follow jazz, though I know he was held in great respect, but back in the 50's & 60's, his wife, Cleo Laine (they married in 1958) was extremely popular. She had - has - THE most pure voice, like silk.

The death of Johnny was announced after a Concert that Cleo & their daughter Jacqui gave, with musician son Alex also appearing.

The photo was a shock - daughter Jacqui is the absolute spit of her Mum.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17468 on: February 10, 2010, 08:37:55 PM »

Sorry to lower the tone following a post on someone passing away but.....
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17469 on: February 10, 2010, 08:41:46 PM »

Sorry if I missed it, but is 'In Poker' or whatever you call it coming back any time soon? I always quited liked those shows.

Not that I'm aware of Barry. They cost good money to make, & there are more direct, more cost-effective, & more measurable ways of spending that cash. So I'm not holding my breath. I enjoyed making them, enormously, but it is what it is. At least I get Sundays off now!

The Room is also doing very nicely indeed, due to a range of stuff, lots of this & that, so when traffic & revenues are running at record levels, as they have been the last few months, I don't see any major change of thought process in the near-term. If we could secure a slot on a Mainstream Channel, well that's a different story, but the reality is, if they did, I'd not get the gig.

I've done three different Magazine Shows now - Poker 425, Poker Week, & In-Poker, & all have finished. There's a trend there somewhere. I've also helped close two Channels - Channel 425, & PNL. Bit of an albatross, me.

Certainly a thirst for them, maybe not quite enough for a full 30 minute show each week, maybe either a case for making them fortnightly OR as a feature within your normal programming.

Its a bit like regular PLO tournaments, everyone screams out for them, then get bored when they have them, then complain when they get taken off the schedule even though they never played them, then everyone screams for them again etc etc
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17470 on: February 10, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »

Certainly a thirst for them, maybe not quite enough for a full 30 minute show each week, maybe either a case for making them fortnightly OR as a feature within your normal programming.

Its a bit like regular PLO tournaments, everyone screams out for them, then get bored when they have them, then complain when they get taken off the schedule even though they never played them, then everyone screams for them again etc etc

Pretty much that. They just cost a lot to make, & are free-to-air. So someone has to pay.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17471 on: February 10, 2010, 08:48:45 PM »

Dame Cleo Laine is 84 this year.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17472 on: February 10, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »

This was the very first thing I thought when I saw the pic. :s
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17473 on: February 11, 2010, 10:00:34 AM »

Why not?

You are the Des Lynam of Sky poker.

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17474 on: February 12, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »

Worked very hard this week, and what a week it's been, but I've given myself an hour or two off - I start work at 7pm - so time for a bit of an Update.

Firstly Diary cycles - how weird they are.

Tom, for lots of reasons, barely Posted last year, but look at his Diary now - it's rattling along at a right old rate, 3 or 4 pages a day. Even better, the "mood" is lovely, no disrespectful stuff, no keyboard warriors dissing, & I'm envious. I get so het up when peeps are gratitiously offensive to decent people. I guess that's society these days. The "Hello" & "OK" style mags set the trend - they see, for exmple, that Posh Spice has "ugly" toes, so they publish pics of her feet & mock her. Or some Film Star has a zit, so they zoom in on it, & stick it on the front cover. A glamour model gets in a car & as she does, shows a flash of knicker. Yup, you got it, "he he", it's on the front pages. I guess knocking copy is the province of the brain dead, & creative copy is a bit more difficult. 

Tighty's Diary is a corker, but for lots of reasons, most of which I fully understand, he's not Diary-ing much lately. When things get better for him, I hope he resumes, it was a great asset to blonde.

Flushy started one, but it never came to much - that would have got hits galore. The Shrewdies Thread seems to have mostly petered out, & Snatty ended his for the good reasons he explained.

Taximan's are a great read, but time is his problem. I like all the "we've gone to Vegas" Diaries, too.

Blogs are the same, they seem to come & go.

Camel's was a stonker, but it's moribund now, sadly. Paul Phillips "extempore" was the nuts, mainly because he only spent 10% of the time on poker, & his other stuff was breathtakingly good.

The Poker Bastard has lomg shut up shop, & Mick McCool & M3Boy seem not to Blog these days. Bainn's Blog died, too, in a welter of acrimony, ugh. So much aggro, everywhere.

And this one. Time, plus a lack of self-discipline, is my biggest enemy. Plus, much of what happens to me is a bit contemporary & sensitive, I can't really share a lot of it - yet - for all sorts of reasons. But I write eveything up, & keep it private, religiously. One day maybe, maybe not.

Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: