blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 3539 3540 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320420 times)
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #53025 on: September 17, 2018, 04:23:37 PM »

Hi Everyone,

As there's a lul in postings I thought I would ask for some humourous names for a 4 man poker team:

Sue & I are taking our 2 girls to Blackpool this weekend to play in Redtooths' Vegas team event; the prize pool is £2,500 plus the winning team gets a trip to Vegas next May if one of the team wins the event - and it's max'd out at 50 teams.

Each team has to have a name, so please let us know anything better than ours:

"We don't even fold our laundry" that was after ditching Grimsby Grinders...........

Thanks in advance.........
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53026 on: September 17, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »

Hi Everyone,

As there's a lul in postings I thought I would ask for some humourous names for a 4 man poker team:

Sue & I are taking our 2 girls to Blackpool this weekend to play in Redtooths' Vegas team event; the prize pool is £2,500 plus the winning team gets a trip to Vegas next May if one of the team wins the event - and it's max'd out at 50 teams.

"We don't even fold our laundry" that was after ditching Grimsby Grinders...........

How about Grimsby's Finest. (fresh every day).

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53027 on: September 17, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Yay, good to "see you" Dave (& Sue). Hope you & the family are all well.

Yes, there's been a bit of a "lull" on the Diary, luckily nobody else noticed.

Not easy to name a fab 4 from Grimsby, but I'll give it some thought tonight.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53028 on: September 17, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »

You won't need me to tell you this, but London Fashion Week is dominating the news at the mo.

Victoria Beckham was exhibiting her "line", so, as always, we got a chance to see the family. It might be a 3 line whip, but the family always seem to turn up to rail her. 

We can only lean so much from a photo, but I get the impression that Victoria & David are top quality parents, & the kids are growing up well-balanced, good-mannered.

Never really thought that would be the case when David was a footballer or Victoria was a singer.

They both did well, & I've no idea why but I'm pleased for them.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53029 on: September 17, 2018, 06:02:59 PM »

Gill completed her training at Bet365 yesterday, & came away with a Milk Monitor's Badge, Prefect Badge, the whole works, passed all her tests & received glowing references. Not easy for someone who knew absolutely zero about either sport, or sports betting, or the terminology that applies to both. I'm chuffed to bits for her.

Rather amusingly, the pool of trainees at 365 has the nickname of "The Nursery", which amused me more than it should I suppose.

Now she joins the ranks of Customer Care agents, & so, like policemen, traffic wardens, even Ambulance staff these days, she'll belong to a trade where everyone says they are useless. I see a lot of CC comment next door, & it's universally rude to CC staff. Pisses me off, it's not well-paid & it's tough to deal with angry punters & the like, but we are not a thoughtful society these days, are we?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53030 on: September 17, 2018, 06:06:30 PM »

Anyone see "Last Days in Vietnam" yesterday?

It was the story of the evacuation by the US Marines Helicopters of the folks on the roof of the American Embassy in Saigon.

The yanks get a lot of abuse, much of it rightly so, & we can say that as a Nation, they had it coming to them. But my word, those helicopter pilots were brave.

Here, watch this, it's only 3 minutes.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53031 on: September 17, 2018, 06:07:49 PM »

^^^^^

Watch that & it makes us realise what wonderful times we live in.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #53032 on: September 17, 2018, 06:15:32 PM »

Anyone see "Last Days in Vietnam" yesterday?

It was the story of the evacuation by the US Marines Helicopters of the folks on the roof of the American Embassy in Saigon.

The yanks get a lot of abuse, much of it rightly so, & we can say that as a Nation, they had it coming to them. But my word, those helicopter pilots were brave.

Here, watch this, it's only 3 minutes.

I didn't see it Tony, what channel was it on? I went to Vietnam last year for the first time as par of my Asia adventure. Before I went I watched a 10 part documentary about the country. It showed film of the evacuation. I remember the Vietnam war from the late 60's and 70's but not much before that. I liked the country and it's people I'm back again this year.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53033 on: September 17, 2018, 06:26:12 PM »

Hi Kev,

BBC Four.

Here's the I-Player link;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b062mbng/storyville-last-days-in-vietnam

Great TV, & my, those US Marine pilots were so, so, brave.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53034 on: September 17, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »

I've been playing poker each night on a few different sites, sort of professional curiosity.

It really relaxes me, enables me to forgot my ills and woes and generally get away from real life.

Most nights I play 2 little ($5.50 and €3.30) PLO8 MTT's on 'Stars. Absolutely love it, I'm at one with the world for a few hours every evening. Make a little bit of profit, too, which does the self-esteem no harm at all. When I say "a little profit" I do mean "little" though I could retire if I carried on at this rate for another 4,719 years.

Anyway, I decided to push the boat out last night and play my first ever SCOOP event. Just a baby one, $22 PLO8.

There were about 4.200 runners and it was 6 Max, so roughly 700 tables.

It had barely began when some random, sat two to my left, says "oioi Tony, fancy seeing you here".

I was inclined to ignore, probably some troll. I don't engage with trolls, answer phone calls, knocks at the door or talk to neighbours, I've become happily unsociable.

He persisted, so I eventually and reluctantly replied, "who is that?"

It was Marky147, who I love to bits and one of the few people I'd happily have the bants with when online pokering. What were the chances of that?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53035 on: September 17, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »

Gill completed her training at Bet365 yesterday, & came away with a Milk Monitor's Badge, Prefect Badge, the whole works, passed all her tests & received glowing references. Not easy for someone who knew absolutely zero about either sport, or sports betting, or the terminology that applies to both. I'm chuffed to bits for her.

Rather amusingly, the pool of trainees at 365 has the nickname of "The Nursery", which amused me more than it should I suppose.

Now she joins the ranks of Customer Care agents, & so, like policemen, traffic wardens, even Ambulance staff these days, she'll belong to a trade where everyone says they are useless. I see a lot of CC comment next door, & it's universally rude to CC staff. Pisses me off, it's not well-paid & it's tough to deal with angry punters & the like, but we are not a thoughtful society these days, are we?

Congratulations. Wonderful news.

Where do we send the list of accounts for reopening? Is it to you and you'll pass it on or somewhere else?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53036 on: September 17, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »

Congratulations. Wonderful news.

Where do we send the list of accounts for reopening? Is it to you and you'll pass it on or somewhere else?

Ha. That'd be quite a queue.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53037 on: September 17, 2018, 07:07:23 PM »

I've been playing poker each night on a few different sites, sort of professional curiosity.

It really relaxes me, enables me to forgot my ills and woes and generally get away from real life.

Most nights I play 2 little ($5.50 and €3.30) PLO8 MTT's on 'Stars. Absolutely love it, I'm at one with the world for a few hours every evening. Make a little bit of profit, too, which does the self-esteem no harm at all. When I say "a little profit" I do mean "little" though I could retire if I carried on at this rate for another 4,719 years.

Anyway, I decided to push the boat out last night and play my first ever SCOOP event. Just a baby one, $22 PLO8.

It had barely began when some random, sat two to my left, says "oioi Tony, fancy seeing you here".

I was inclined to ignore, probably some troll. I don't engage with trolls, answer phone calls, knocks at the door or talk to neighbours, I've become happily unsociable.

It was Marky147, who I love to bits and one of the few people I'd happily have the bants with when online pokering. What were the chances of that?

Bet he triedto bust you with filth.

Well done Gill.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53038 on: September 17, 2018, 07:09:07 PM »

Bet he triedto bust you with filth.

Well done Gill.

Ha, good read, he did exactly that. I hero'd him though with quads for the high and second nut low. Was the only hand I played in the first 5 hours, obv.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #53039 on: September 17, 2018, 07:10:34 PM »

Well done Gill.

I believe I'm first in the queue for reinstatement.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3532 3533 3534 3535 [3536] 3537 3538 3539 3540 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: