blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:00:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3537 3538 3539 3540 [3541] 3542 3543 3544 3545 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6330193 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53100 on: October 04, 2018, 09:19:48 AM »

Meanwhile, huge sighs of relief yesterday that Zoe Ball got the Radio 2 Breakfast Show gig to replace the shortly-to-depart Chris.

It's not that I'm a huge Zoe fan, though I do quite like her, or that I care who got the job, more the fact that Sara Cox, widely touted to get the job, is just so unbearably banal. Nice lady, but more suited to Listen with Mother or Radio Peterborough.

I do rather like Zoe because she was the other half of Norman Cook for so very long. What a career Norman has had, he's come a long way baby. He (reportedly) owns 12% of Brighton FC, though I've never seen him in the Directors Box alongside Mr Bloom. He must be well minted.

Zoe was a bit of a tearaway when she first joined the BBC, but, with age, she seems to have pleasantly mellowed. It's good to mellow.

How can you not love this photo, from her enfant terrible days?

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:35:03 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #53101 on: October 04, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »

Glad Ginger has gone, he can never play a record without talking over it, Tosser  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53102 on: October 04, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »

Glad Ginger has gone, he can never play a record without talking over it, Tosser  Smiley

Huh?

Get outa here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53103 on: October 04, 2018, 11:49:02 AM »

I absolutely hate that. The world's worst culprit is Steve Wright. he always talks, (or sometimes even sings) over both the intro and the outro and usually somewhere in the middle too.

Why does he think that the sound of his voice is preferable to the artist?

Bastard.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53104 on: October 04, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »

I absolutely hate that. The world's worst culprit is Steve Wright. he always talks, (or sometimes even sings) over both the intro and the outro and usually somewhere in the middle too.

Why does he think that the sound of his voice is preferable to the artist?

Bastard.

Blimey, he's piled a bit of timber on. Might even have aged worse than me.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53105 on: October 04, 2018, 11:54:50 AM »

wow  would have struggled to recognise him

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53106 on: October 04, 2018, 12:03:18 PM »

wow  would have struggled to recognise him

I'm a bit naughty at judging books by covers, but if you saw him wandering down the road you'd never think he has been earning best part of a milly a year for the last 20 years.

EDIT - Wiki states he earns £480k per year. Still handy enough.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:08:31 PM by tikay » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #53107 on: October 04, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »

love the show Steve
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53108 on: October 04, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »

love the show Steve

Oh my, very good, we have a SWITA listener.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #53109 on: October 04, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »

love the show Steve

Hard to believe that.

The fact that he still has a BBC show is astounding. Does he still do ‘our tune’ and the old woman stuff? It was tired and dull 20years ago.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53110 on: October 04, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »

love the show Steve

Hard to believe that.

The fact that he still has a BBC show is astounding. Does he still do ‘our tune’ and the old woman stuff? It was tired and dull 20years ago.

No idea, best to ask Horsey, it seems.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #53111 on: October 04, 2018, 11:14:18 PM »

love the show Steve

Hard to believe that.

He had a TV show too which was on the Saturday early evening slot in the 1990's. I can't remember how long it ran for but I know it was shown in 1994.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #53112 on: October 05, 2018, 07:05:16 AM »

love the show Steve

Hard to believe that.

He had a TV show too which was on the Saturday early evening slot in the 1990's. I can't remember how long it ran for but I know it was shown in 1994.

He did, IMDB says it was called Steve Wright’s People, but even they don’t know what it was about.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #53113 on: October 05, 2018, 07:21:59 AM »

love the show Steve

Hard to believe that.

Sorry to disappoint never heard it in my life Smiley

Just a thing they say on the Kermode and Mayo podcast

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53114 on: October 05, 2018, 08:00:01 AM »

love the show Steve

Hard to believe that.

Sorry to disappoint never heard it in my life Smiley

Just a thing they say on the Kermode and Mayo podcast

Now that jogged my memory - pretty sure, wayyyy back, Mark Kermode had a regular Friday afternoon spot on Simon Mayo's show on the wireless to review films.

I have absolutely zero interest in films - think they are called movies these days - but it was fascinating to hear the levels upon which Mark viewed films. I never understood a chuffing word, but I loved listening to it. It was like being in the awe-struck company of particle physics scientists, all way over my head but fascinating to her how fearfully bright some folks are. Jen Mason had the same effect on me.

Later, Mark Kermode started popping up in the rock documentaries on Sky Arts & BBC Four, & his input was always refreshingly different.

Think I'd better Wiki him.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 3537 3538 3539 3540 [3541] 3542 3543 3544 3545 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: