blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:48:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2518 2519 2520 2521 [2522] 2523 2524 2525 2526 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321901 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37815 on: May 27, 2014, 07:30:37 PM »

Sky Poker 6-MAX UKPC

Well you did not think you were gonna get away spam-free, surely?

You'd never imagine the amount of detail that goes into a Live Poker Festival such as the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC.

This morning alone, Rob Yong @ DTD has sent me 3 e-Mails, & his accomplice (a good description), Nick Whiten (what DOES he do?) has exchanged NINE e-Mails with me. Detail, detail, detail.

We've fielded a bunch of Tweets this morning, too, including one from a chap asking about a Heads-Up Comp. In a 6-Max Fessie. Well it's a fair question, I guess.

You might just get the impression I have some power & authority in the UKPC stuff. You'd be wrong, I have nada, zilch, zero. But I do act as the sort of intermediary & translator between DTD & Sky Poker. I was like the original matchmaker, between the 2 parties, & now I'm the Agony Aunt, trying to ensure they don't fall out, or trip over each other.

They speak different languages, one is a nimble, fleet-footed entrepeaneur, the other a Corporate entity that is obliged to cover all bases. And believe me, it's quite a task.

Rob @ DTD is like a whirling dervish, ideas come out of his head 15 to the dozen, day after day, so he writes to me, "hey Tony, what a GREAT idea it would be if we added this/that or the other".

And Rob being Rob, he can do these things, just like that.

Whereas I need to get aprovals, sign-offs, business cases made, money & expenditure approved, get the Legal sorts to cast their beady ones on everything. It's a daily nightmare, but the most exciting thing ever.

We need 500 Runners to hit that Guarantee, & we are already pretty sure we will reach 400, which excludes Re-entries & walk-ins. But we want to surpass the February UKPC Main Event, which got 621 runners. Headache? Stressful? Worry me to death?

Yeah, all those things, but I'd not have it any other way.

And how good does this look?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37816 on: May 27, 2014, 07:36:50 PM »

The collected works, so to speak, are published next door, & are a bit spammy, so I'll spare you those.

You'd do me a right favour if you just clicked the link though. You don't have to read it. They pay me per click, see?

http://bit.ly/1nvSXLF

Thank you. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #37817 on: May 27, 2014, 07:40:14 PM »

The collected works, so to speak, are published next door, & are a bit spammy, so I'll spare you those.

You'd do me a right favour if you just clicked the link though. You don't have to read it. They pay me per click, see?

Thank you. Wink

How many clicks would you like?

First click is free btw.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #37818 on: May 27, 2014, 07:51:17 PM »

Pm Bank Details Please and How Much is 0.5%?

Many Thanks.

Morning.

0.5% is, I think, $55, or approx £32.

Have sent Bank Details now.

Thanks Tony.

Have Shipped the 0.5%

Gl and Enjoy.  dad dont dance

You Get my Transfer okay?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #37819 on: May 27, 2014, 07:53:36 PM »

Thank you. Wink

Keep posting the links please I love reading it.

You keep posting, I'll keep clicking
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #37820 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:42 PM »

Memorial Day

I arrived yeseterday, Monday 26th, & as that is the last Monday in May, it is, in the USA, Memorial Day. The American people take these things very serious, & rightly so.

To save you reading the Wiki page, it commemorates those who died in the service of their country. Veterans Day is a different gig, that commemorates those who served their country in the Armed Forces.

Much respect to every one of them. Life is good, but it does no harm to reflect for a moment on how we arrived here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

unfortunately america seem to love going to war at the drop of a hat these days. however its nice to see how they remember the people who fought and died, dare i say when a war was necessary, and show them the respect that they earned. pity we cant do the same. ok we have remembrance day where we all buy a poppy and be silent for 2 mins,but aside from that , young people in general do not have a clue about what went on and how it shaped all of us. as much as people love to jump on the "i hate fat ignorant yanks" bandwagon,we owe them big time.

both my grandfathers fought, one in world war 1 at pacchendale at 18 years old. fuck that for a game of soldiers.

and my dads dad was a quaker from liverpool who was awarded the military cross.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1408014/Carl-Warner.html

anyway mini rant over, on a lighter note are you looking after any satellite qualifiers from next door this year. not seen it mentioned. i remember watching the interviews from a  couple years ago,of a couple of recreational players talking about the experience and how they dealt with playing the main event.

good luck to them all and to yourself.

and enjoy all the concrete.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37821 on: May 27, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »

By chance, my maiden article for BLUFF EUROPE has been published (Online) today.

Best I point out that it was submitted in March, BEFORE Miss Coren did her amazing stuff in the San Remo EPT. The nice peeps @ Bluff felt obliged to give me some space after they gave me my little gong, I assume.

You can read it here.....

http://bit.ly/1pfXROR

All spam today, eh?

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #37822 on: May 27, 2014, 08:18:17 PM »

So what was HIS excuse?

OK, these guys are street performers, & we may forgive them.

So what's the excuse of the guy far left of picture, strolling along in that hat-thong-trainers combo?

Ha, rip off of the naked cowboy ?

( famous busker in New York)

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #37823 on: May 27, 2014, 08:31:42 PM »

By chance, my maiden article for BLUFF EUROPE has been published (Online) today.

Best I point out that it was submitted in March, BEFORE Miss Coren did her amazing stuff in the San Remo EPT. The nice peeps @ Bluff felt obliged to give me some space after they gave me my little gong, I assume.

You can read it here.....

http://bit.ly/1pfXROR

All spam today, eh?

Nice article, and some proper heroes in there!

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37824 on: May 27, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »

sniff sniff sniffff snifff SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Just my luck, to spend a 10 hour flight seated next to a sniffer. I had the window seat, too, so could not escape his non-stop sniffing. BIG bloke, too, so I decided against having a word.

Pretty sure that handkerchiefs (ideally, white, lined & ironed) are going out of fashion. There should be a law that ALL hankies are white, of course.

He never had a hankie, he just cuffed it. With the sleeve that was on my side. FFS.

Anyway, Mr Sniff never stopped. I recken he sniffed on average once every 2 minutes. 10 hour flight, 30 sph (Sniffs Per Hour) = 300 sniffs.

He balanced his range, too. A few short ones, sniff sniff, some standard affairs, sniffff, with the occasional hero-sniff thrown in, SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, complete with an appended gargle of nasal fluids. He could even do a sniff version of "She Loves You" by the Beatles.

sniff sniff sniff

sniffffffff snifffff snifffff

sniff sniff sniff

sniffffff snifffff sniffffff,

sniff sniff sniff,

snifffff snifffff sniffff snifffffffffffffffffffffff

Did my head in.

At McCarron, I exited the 'plane rapido, & dashed to Immigration in readiness for the usual monster wait in a bare, drab, unfurnished room where even using a moibile phone will get you arrested.

And guess who was smack next to me in the Immigration queue? Yup.

sniff sniff SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.     

i had the same on way back from thailand.

"excuse me, could i go to the toilet and fetch you a tissue to help with that cold you've got?"

he got the hint.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37825 on: May 27, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »

Just so you know.

Gatters is being refurbed, so a good chance for some educational stuff in the Vegas Blog.

TRACKED Excavator.

WHEELED Excavator.

Got that?

We call em 360's in the trade....

The older I get, the better I was.
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #37826 on: May 27, 2014, 10:48:19 PM »

Enjoying your trip reports sitting on a boat on the broads (first timer) piddling down and boat banging and swinging about as we don't think we've tied it up right.  Could be a long night sigh.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37827 on: May 27, 2014, 11:43:02 PM »

Good luck in Vegas tony.

Looking forward to the tourney reports. If you can knock Sicilian, gav or Ryan out of any comps you play, then would be a nice bonus.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #37828 on: May 28, 2014, 05:51:29 AM »

Tony what are the numbers like at Binions? Planning on playing HORSE there tomorrow

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37829 on: May 28, 2014, 07:31:44 AM »

Tony what are the numbers like at Binions? Planning on playing HORSE there tomorrow

Hi Simon.

Monday's $200 PLO8 had 62 runners, today's $200 PLO had exactly the same, in both cases including re-entries.

Pages: 1 ... 2518 2519 2520 2521 [2522] 2523 2524 2525 2526 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: