blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:52:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2737 2738 2739 2740 [2741] 2742 2743 2744 2745 ... 3781 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6649888 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41100 on: February 06, 2015, 11:00:13 AM »

the anniversary is today

one nugget

"He told me that after the first inquiry British European Airways sent him an invoice for the cost of his airline cap, which had been lost in the wreckage."

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/04/25/john-roberts-the-the-pilot-on-that-fateful-flight-in-munich-was-unfairly-blamed-one-twilight-in-1974-he-told-me-his-story-240402/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #41101 on: February 06, 2015, 12:14:54 PM »

1% Please.

Cough.
Please
Thanks

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #41102 on: February 06, 2015, 01:40:03 PM »

5% and a ladder

(to get out of the hole we're in)

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #41103 on: February 06, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »

Potential Vegas Staking 2015

These are non-binding by the buyers - they can withdraw later if they wish, if & when the package comes together.

Much appreciated Gents, thank you.

redsimon - 1%

NAKOR - 1%

Sharplea - 1%

Mohican - 1%

Knottikay - 1%

BOOKED

Is this the list of non-solicited stakes for a trip that might not happen for an unspecified amount. If so, I'd like to get listed for the full monty but not necessarily the June/July trip

sola virtus nobilitat
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #41104 on: February 06, 2015, 03:00:45 PM »

Things to do right now, but thank you for the pledges of my potential Vegas action.

In the next day or two, I'll list them, for the record, as "expressions of interest", & they'll all have first dibs if it happens. I have not formulated any package size yet, so it is non-binding on your part if you change your mind.

1% please Smiley
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #41105 on: February 07, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »

Well, his main thing is going to be working for Tony G in politics. Funny old thing poker, that it should open a door like that.

To be fair he came from politics to poker.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #41106 on: February 07, 2015, 05:06:20 AM »

Hi tikay

I booked Vegas from May 26-july10th but have no idea where to stay.

Taxis are too much trouble for me staying in a house as they don't want to come off strip and it can take hours for them to get to you. So it looks like I'll stay in a hotel. Am I right in thinking you stayed in he Rio previously? Every hotel in Vegas I've heard good and bad things about but with the Rio I have only heard bad things.

Where would you suggest staying? All things considered.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
engy

View Profile
« Reply #41107 on: February 07, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »

Could you put me down for 1%please tikay
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #41108 on: February 07, 2015, 12:03:44 PM »

Hi tikay

Taxis are too much trouble for me staying in a house as they don't want to come off strip and it can take hours for them to get to you. So it looks like I'll stay in a hotel. Am I right in thinking you stayed in he Rio previously? Every hotel in Vegas I've heard good and bad things about but with the Rio I have only heard bad things.

Don't think Tony will mind if I have a mini-stab...

Bot going to go into a lot of detail as it will depend massively on how price sensitive you are and how much your poker:life ratio is going to be.  But here are 3 obvious suggestions with their merits/cons and if you want to feed back on those, it would help narrow down your search.

1.  If you are playing poker from noon --> 2am just about every day, strongly consider staying at Rio.  Rooms are large, with a fridge, going to your room on dinner break, waking up 10 minutes before the start, both massive plusses.  No taxi fares, can get a poker rate.  Not a stunning hotel to stay in, the food options are terri-bad and any time you spend non-pokering you will definitely want to go off property.

2. Palms Place.  Room guide by Nanonoko

This is a 1-BDR suite, there is a cheaper studio suite, whichis obv smaller with less amenities.  10 minute walk to the Rio.  Nice quiet non-gaming hotel, but linked to the Palms via tunnel should you want to eat/drink/gamble/cinema/etc.  Close enough to be able to walk.  Washer/dryer in room and kitchen, ideal for long stays.

3. Vdara.  Best location of the 3 to explore Vegas, you are right in amongst the City Centre and an easy stroll to Aria/Cosmo/Bellagio/PH.  You will need a cab, but the cabbie can use the back entrance and avoid the strip completely.  If you stay in a hotel on the East side of the strip, it can easily take you 10mins just to get over the lights, incredibly long holding pattern and off the scale waits any time there;s a crash/arrest/road works.  Ignoring the entry level deluxe suite, the other suites are comparable to Palms Place 1-BDR suite and you can price-compare for your dates.  This would be a good pick if you wanted to do more non-pokering stuff.

That's a start, I don't know what the Rio poker rate is nowadays, but I'm sure it will be on wsop website somewhere.  For 1-BDR suites in Palms Place or Vdara, roughly £1k a week as a ballpark.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #41109 on: February 07, 2015, 02:01:18 PM »

Thanks a lot for that!!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41110 on: February 07, 2015, 02:43:16 PM »

Hi tikay

Hi Patrick.

This stuff is SO subjective, what suits one does not suit another.

I would echo, though less eloquently, most of what Simon has already said.

If you get a Hotel the wrong side of the Strip, & are using taxis, don't underestrimate what a ballache that short trip can be. From the Strip, all the right/left turns are on filter lanes, & the lights are set to about 3 or 4 minutes. It often takes three "sets" to get through the lights. Venetian to Rio in a taxi can take 20 minutes, & cost $12.

Palms Place is nice & handy for the WSOP, a reasonably pleasant 10 minute walk.

The Rio? So much nonsense is spoken about The Rio being "shite". It just depends what you are looking for. It's 10 times better than any regular UK Hotel, but maybe not as swish as many Vegas hotels.

What do you use your Hotel room for in Vegas? For me, I need a clean airy room, a nice shower, comfy bed, a fridge, & wifi & if poss, a nice view of Vegas. I use the room, pretty much, to sleep only, maybe 6 hours per night.

Food choices? For a refined eater, not great, for those of common taste like you & me, it's OK.

The Rio ticks all those boxes, with a big bonus - the WSOP is downstairs, & you can be in the Cardroom in 5 minutes, & collect a drink from Starby's on the way. During the 2 hour WSOP Dinner Breaks, you can wander back to the room, get a shower of a bit of kip, & arrive back refreshed. When Thewy is playing a WSOP event, (he stays at Venetian or Palazzo), I give him my spare room key @ The Rio, & he goes up for a shower & a quick sleep. And you get to avoid all those ballache "so the flop came" cringeworthy stories.

Don't underestimate the bonus of staying above the shop.

Here's a standard Rio Suite. Large lounge, separate walk in wardrobe, & a nice bath/shower in the bathroom.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #41111 on: February 07, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »

thanks, thats basically what I wanted to hear! Will book on Monday! Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41112 on: February 07, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »

Updated Potential Vegas Staking 2015

These are non-binding by the buyers - they can withdraw later if they wish, if & when the package comes together.

Much appreciated Gents, thank you.

redsimon - 1%

NAKOR - 1%

Sharplea - 1%

Mohican - 1%

Knottikay - 1%

Quite Old Fen Bloke - 1%

Forth Thistle - 1%

MANTITS - 5%

sonour - 1%

engy - 1%

Very Elderly Ex Posh Bloke, Dunstable region, yuh - Full Monty (maybe)   

Mr PLO8 Longines

BOOKED

Much appreciated, thank you. I never mentioned "mark-up" - it will be, as always, at par, (no mark up), as always.

You should be aware that Mr Ambo once offered to buy all my action at 0.4. I'm holding our for a tad more.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:03:29 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41113 on: February 07, 2015, 02:57:06 PM »

thanks, thats basically what I wanted to hear! Will book on Monday! Cheesy

Generally, they will restrict you to 11 days maximum, as do all Harrah's (as was) properties.

You can either make separate bookings, or do what I do - just wait until you book in, explain to the Desk that you want to stay longer, & they sort it there & then.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #41114 on: February 07, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »

1% please if I may.
Pages: 1 ... 2737 2738 2739 2740 [2741] 2742 2743 2744 2745 ... 3781 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: