blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2917 2918 2919 2920 [2921] 2922 2923 2924 2925 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6326348 times)
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #43800 on: November 29, 2015, 10:38:33 PM »

Come on, I want to hear about Saturday.

Pete calls it tip tapping too when I'm working on the computer.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #43801 on: November 29, 2015, 11:01:05 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

I went on one of those things to Amsterdam a few months back and it was without doubt the loudest airplane I've ever been on.

In contrast a recent flight on the Dreamliner was close to silent. Absolutely incredible airplane. Have you had the pleasure yet? I know you're in to these things.

Have to agree, Mr R, not only loud, but they shake & rattle alarmingly. Safe as houses though.

The 787 Dreamliner? Nope, yet to have that pleasure, but I'm told they give a really smooth & quiet flying experience.

The safety of civil airliners really is something in the Western world. Not so much in darkest Africa, or parts of Asia, Russia South America. Or in the Middle East these days.

Turns out it was a 'normal' plane (an Embraer) and not a propeller thing. Quite comfortable, nice leather seats, a notch above Ryanair in that respect. Did like the 2-2 config. No scratchcard sales...not sure if this is a plus or negative?

Dreamliner is a fantastic aircraft.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:03:02 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #43802 on: December 01, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »

Thursday

Was a bit under the weather again, nothing serious, just flabby flobbyness. Been eating bad, & that leads to severe indigestion, which in turn means I sleep poorly. All self-inflicted. I've become addicted to these, too. About 900 calories in each I guess. Course, I have to eat two of the buggers at a time, I can't be sensible, like a proper person.   

Ambo, aka Mr Channing finished 2nd in the £300 6 Max at The Vic, so I dropped him a little "well done" note. It's good to give a bit of praise here & there, people love it, & I started a "well done" thread about it Next Door. He did a bit of business heads up with Mark Banin of all people, so I used the "would YOU chop?" line. It's amazing how many say "chop, what me? NEVER". Most have never made a meaningful Final Table, of course.  It's utterly ridiculous to say "never", as circumstances, equity, all sorts can vary so much.

Whilst toing & froing with Mr Channing, he made me aware that that evening there was a £250 4/5/6 PLO @ The Vic, as part of the GUKPT Grand Final fessie. I adore those sort of PLO comps, & I'm nicely ahead in them lifetime. I barely get chance to play Liver poker these days, so what could be better, jump on a tube & go meet the fellas.

Except.......around twice a year, MAX, Gill comes down on a Thursday instead of a Friday. This was one of those Thursdays. Marv. I'd not swap, of course I would not, but it was a bit of a shame. Still, saved myself £250 I guess.

A bad bit of timing went off, too, as some urgent jobs cropped up Next Door, so I spent much of the evening "tip tapping" as Gill calls it. She does not mind, luckily.

I made a little tea for us - Egg Mayo & Prawn Mayo sarnies (home made, obv), with egg custard tarts & an Iced Lemon slice for afters. Yum yum. 

Then we had to finalise planning for Friday, as we had a little "adventure" planned. Not exactly a Posh Alex adventure, trooping round South America, but Brighton, in November, on the train. It's how I roll. I'd reserved train tickets & everything.

Told the Office I'd not be around most of the day on Friday, too. I'm very fortunate to come & go work-wise pretty much as I please, which balances out the fact that quite often I have to sort stuff mid-evening or at weekends. No idea what hours I'm contracted to do, & I don't bother, if something needs doing 24/7, I'm happy to do it. It's a lovely little job.   

Belgium Buns are my favourites too. I'm not really into cakes but these are fantastic.

Have you tried Greggs Belgium Buns Tikay ? They are much bigger than those sold by Tescos and in my opinion much much better. They are also cheaper at two for a pound. Perhaps you would try one next time you are passing Greggs, I'd be very surprised if you can eat two.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43803 on: December 01, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »

Thursday

Was a bit under the weather again, nothing serious, just flabby flobbyness. Been eating bad, & that leads to severe indigestion, which in turn means I sleep poorly. All self-inflicted. I've become addicted to these, too. About 900 calories in each I guess. Course, I have to eat two of the buggers at a time, I can't be sensible, like a proper person.   

Ambo, aka Mr Channing finished 2nd in the £300 6 Max at The Vic, so I dropped him a little "well done" note. It's good to give a bit of praise here & there, people love it, & I started a "well done" thread about it Next Door. He did a bit of business heads up with Mark Banin of all people, so I used the "would YOU chop?" line. It's amazing how many say "chop, what me? NEVER". Most have never made a meaningful Final Table, of course.  It's utterly ridiculous to say "never", as circumstances, equity, all sorts can vary so much.

Whilst toing & froing with Mr Channing, he made me aware that that evening there was a £250 4/5/6 PLO @ The Vic, as part of the GUKPT Grand Final fessie. I adore those sort of PLO comps, & I'm nicely ahead in them lifetime. I barely get chance to play Liver poker these days, so what could be better, jump on a tube & go meet the fellas.

Except.......around twice a year, MAX, Gill comes down on a Thursday instead of a Friday. This was one of those Thursdays. Marv. I'd not swap, of course I would not, but it was a bit of a shame. Still, saved myself £250 I guess.

A bad bit of timing went off, too, as some urgent jobs cropped up Next Door, so I spent much of the evening "tip tapping" as Gill calls it. She does not mind, luckily.

I made a little tea for us - Egg Mayo & Prawn Mayo sarnies (home made, obv), with egg custard tarts & an Iced Lemon slice for afters. Yum yum. 

Then we had to finalise planning for Friday, as we had a little "adventure" planned. Not exactly a Posh Alex adventure, trooping round South America, but Brighton, in November, on the train. It's how I roll. I'd reserved train tickets & everything.

Told the Office I'd not be around most of the day on Friday, too. I'm very fortunate to come & go work-wise pretty much as I please, which balances out the fact that quite often I have to sort stuff mid-evening or at weekends. No idea what hours I'm contracted to do, & I don't bother, if something needs doing 24/7, I'm happy to do it. It's a lovely little job.   

Belgium Buns are my favourites too. I'm not really into cakes but these are fantastic.

Have you tried Greggs Belgium Buns Tikay ? They are much bigger than those sold by Tescos and in my opinion much much better. They are also cheaper at two for a pound. Perhaps you would try one next time you are passing Greggs, I'd be very surprised if you can eat two.

Bigger buns. Just what he needs.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43804 on: December 01, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »

Thursday

I bet Tom could. Grin

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43805 on: December 01, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »

I'd do half a dozen faith a pint of milk for a bet.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43806 on: December 03, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »

Don't know if you managed to catch this Teeks  http://www.discoveryuk.com/shows/racing-extinction/

repeated tonight at 10pm on Animal Planet

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43807 on: December 03, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »

Really enjoyed the daily updates of what you had been up to. You mentioned enjoying trains, do you have a list of train journeys you would like to take?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43808 on: December 03, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »

Don't know if you managed to catch this Teeks  http://www.discoveryuk.com/shows/racing-extinction/

Morning David,

I did actually, yes - in fact it seemed to be "Racing-Extinction" night last night on the Docs Channel, numerous similar Shows were on.

So I had finished my poker session, I watched it, which was a bit depressing really. Then I watched 2 old "Thick of It" episodes, with Malcolm Tucker in full flow in front of the Goodling Inquiry, & Baroness Sureka. There are days when I so want to be Malcolm Tucker, there really are. But it would not work, ranting & raving, shouting at people, never works, never in the history of history has shouting solved a damn thing, people just don't react well to it.  It'd be nice though, when the Serious Heads are on my case at work, to vent occasionally.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43809 on: December 03, 2015, 01:01:39 PM »

Really enjoyed the daily updates of what you had been up to. You mentioned enjoying trains, do you have a list of train journeys you would like to take?

Ha, thanks Matt.

I was a little embarrassed by the blandness of them all on reflection, but several friends told me they loved it, & urged me to continue.  I just feel a little embarrassed about it compared to Posh Alex, Plinop, et al.  Maybe IU should rename this Diary Life in the Slow Lane?

I MUST finish last week's story first, the Bushy Park run was simply amazing, in so many ways, a real eye opener. I've got photos & everything. Everything except time......

I will get it done soonest, fingers crossed by tomorrow morning. 

Train Journeys on the Wish List? Loads of them. Gill adores them too, sends me links to Shows on TV that show them, sends me links to train journeys all over the world. We daydream a lot.....

We went 1st class to Brighton, I wanted to really treat her, & give her a good day. It did not cost much extra - I booked long in advance - & it pleased her no end, so it was worth it.

She particularly has a romantic notion of being served food on trains. As you may recall, we went on Amtrak whilst on our LA - Oceanside - San Diego Adventure earlier this year.  During the journey, we were served all sorts of food titbits. As per, she squirrelled them away in her handbag as souvenirs, & I forgot all about them. As per.

Well, last weekend, Gill was down, & we celebrated Thanksgiving, as we both love all things USA. So she cooked us a Thanksgiving meal, turkey & all the USA trimmings, & suddenly, on the table, were the Amtrak titbits - she had saved them for the "occasion".

In the evening - believe it or not - she made us popcorn, lol, served up in USA style red paper cartons, which she also purchased in Vegas.

Next weekend (Osterley 10k run.....) she plans to make us beans on toast, using Baked Beans she purchased in Las Vegas Walmart. She got SIX tins of Baked Beans in Vegas & lugged them home in her suitcase. You can't make it up. But it's lovely.

This morning, she has booked to run in this, too....

http://winterrunseries.co.uk/events/london

Anyway, best go, gotta go debate Tournament Tokens  & Satellites Next Door........

How are you, anyway - things looking up with the family business? I know you had a tough time recently. Hope so.   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:31:44 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43810 on: December 03, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »

Eager for action, hot for the game
The coming attraction, the drop of a name
They knew all the right people, they took all the right pills
They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavily bills

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #43811 on: December 03, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »

"Food being served on trains" takes me back to my childhood when I would occasionally accompany my dad (who's company made machines which polished cutlery) on The Master Cutler from London to Sheffield.

The Pullman cars served a magnificent breakfast with immaculate silver service and waiters who might have been butlers in stately homes.

It was honestly like Fortnum and Mason's restaurant in a railway carriage and I'm sure that Gill would have loved it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43812 on: December 03, 2015, 03:02:22 PM »

"Food being served on trains" takes me back to my childhood when I would occasionally accompany my dad (who's company made machines which polished cutlery) on The Master Cutler from London to Sheffield.

The Pullman cars served a magnificent breakfast with immaculate silver service and waiters who might have been butlers in stately homes.

It was honestly like Fortnum and Mason's restaurant in a railway carriage and I'm sure that Gill would have loved it.

It's her dream to do that, it really is. We have had meals on a few trains, but not proper meals, with knives & forks & tablecloths.

A decent cooked breakfast used to be served, silver cutlery & everything, on the North East Main Line (GNER) up to Newcastle & Edinburgh, but then Wooly Jumpers mob took it over. Tosser.

The Master Cutler used to be amongst the elite "Named Expresses", (see also Cornish Riviera Express & Brighton Belle) I saw it many times at Kings Cross in my train spotting days.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43813 on: December 03, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »

Eager for action, hot for the game
The coming attraction, the drop of a name
They knew all the right people, they took all the right pills
They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavily bills

I heard that last night. Isn't that eyrie?

There's hope for you yet.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #43814 on: December 03, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »

Morning David,

I did actually, yes - in fact it seemed to be "Racing-Extinction" night last night on the Docs Channel, numerous similar Shows were on.

So I had finished my poker session, I watched it, which was a bit depressing really. Then I watched 2 old "Thick of It" episodes, with Malcolm Tucker in full flow in front of the Goodling Inquiry, & Baroness Sureka. There are days when I so want to be Malcolm Tucker, there really are. But it would not work, ranting & raving, shouting at people, never works, never in the history of history has shouting solved a damn thing, people just don't react well to it.  It'd be nice though, when the Serious Heads are on my case at work, to vent occasionally.....

I have to disagree Tikay.

Many a chore has been completed after the wife has bellowed at me to move my fat lazy backside.

I'm sure this is the norm in many a household.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 2917 2918 2919 2920 [2921] 2922 2923 2924 2925 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: