blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2924 2925 2926 2927 [2928] 2929 2930 2931 2932 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296510 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #43905 on: January 05, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »

Re TMS

That will be Alison Mitchell

She is quite good imo certainly not the worst of the current batch.

Found it quite strange she was heavily critical of the recent Chris Gayle incident yet "lets" Geoffrey patronise her everytime she does a shift

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #43906 on: January 05, 2016, 09:44:32 PM »

Alison Mitchell is very good, knows cricket back to front.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43907 on: January 05, 2016, 09:53:18 PM »

Hey Longy , was that you with the inflateable canaries at the cricket ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43908 on: January 06, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »

Why did you have to go to Kwik fit?  Couldn't you have just gone to the numerous other tyre centres in Northampton? 

Well the circumstances were a bit awkward, I'm sat in Rothersthorpe Services Station car park with a puncture, a mobile phone with a dodgy battery tethered to my IPad.

The first name that came to mind - as they generally serve me well, & have over 600 outlets - was Kwik Fit.

Enter these in the IPad....

How far from Rothersthorpe Services to Northampton

What is Rothersthorpe services Postcode

Find nearest Kwik Fit address. (Needs Postcode)

Find KwikFit Northampton Postcode.

Ask google how from that is

Enter addy into Sat Nav.

That was followed by a tense 3 mile journey, average speed 25mph, hazards on, with bum cheeks firmly clenched, hoping the deflated tyre did not come off the rim.

I was in bits by the time I got to Kwik Fit, & the last thing on my mind was trawling round Northampton's one way systems trying to find a tyre bay. 

The 10 mile (as in 22 mile) trek to Milton Keynes (well it was Bletchley actually) seemed a better prospect.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43909 on: January 06, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »

If you're still at KwikFit, run don't walk to the car and get yourself to Costco MK10 0DB. Even with the £25 joining fee it'll be cheaper than KF prices.

Plus wandering around Costco will provide enough material for another dozen or so diary entries.

Never saw this, but I needed a guarantee that someone had the tyre, & could fit it there & then. I'm disgracefully impatient with these things.

Anyway, all is well now, & I'm all settled & comfy, other than a little sore as Doobsy gave my arse a good seeing to on the poker tables last night. He was positively rampant.

I keep a little A5 Pad with today's "To Do" list on it, usually 15 or 20 bits & bobs. 

Today's list started like this......

1) Congratulate the smallball player who won a £1,100 Sky Poker UKPC seat last night the daily Freeroll.

2) Reply to thread "Rubbish Freerolls on Sky Poker".   

It's a funny old game.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:02:52 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43910 on: January 06, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »

Talking of "funny old game" who remembers when this was THE most exciting thing we could do on a moby?

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43911 on: January 06, 2016, 05:12:58 PM »

"MattBates was not "taking the Michael" either. He's played 11,000 MTT's here, & when something goes wrong, he does not hesitate to give Sky Poker - & me for that matter - some grief, so it's not like he is a stool pigeon or somesuch. He was just trying to be  genuinely helpful."

Give you grief? How very dare you!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43912 on: January 06, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »

"MattBates was not "taking the Michael" either. He's played 11,000 MTT's here, & when something goes wrong, he does not hesitate to give Sky Poker - & me for that matter - some grief, so it's not like he is a stool pigeon or somesuch. He was just trying to be  genuinely helpful."

Ha.

Wink

To be fair, I was defending you.

I mean't it, too. I'll tell you why when I next see you, or via PM, it's not for sharing with everyone.  

It was something that had me idly thinking "I wonder why Matt would do THAT" for a good few hours, actually. More a psychological question than anything. These things utterly fascinate me, "why we do this or that".

Now go win tonight's Main, & get yourself into that Billionth hand thing.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:27:16 PM by tikay » Logged

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #43913 on: January 06, 2016, 05:53:27 PM »

Hey Longy , was that you with the inflateable canaries at the cricket ?

Not me, though I did have some of those inflatable canaries as a kid! Think I wore my Norwich shirt one of the days at the Durban test.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43914 on: January 07, 2016, 03:41:30 AM »

"MattBates was not "taking the Michael" either. He's played 11,000 MTT's here, & when something goes wrong, he does not hesitate to give Sky Poker - & me for that matter - some grief, so it's not like he is a stool pigeon or somesuch. He was just trying to be  genuinely helpful."

Ha.

Wink

I mean't it, too. I'll tell you why when I next see you, or via PM, it's not for sharing with everyone.  

It was something that had me idly thinking "I wonder why Matt would do THAT" for a good few hours, actually. More a psychological question than anything. These things utterly fascinate me, "why we do this or that".

Thanks for the idea!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43915 on: January 07, 2016, 08:11:19 AM »

Ha.

Wink

Thanks for the idea!

Oh my Lord, don't tell me you won it?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43916 on: January 07, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »

Ha, that's incred.

MattBates 1328000 1 £1611.60
extraman 0 2 £961.80
Goose60 0 3 £573.60
gooner473 0 4 £451.20
Boonicon 0 5 £384
pokarito 0 6 £321.60

The chap in 2nd is a mate of mine from my G-Luton days, Norman, an absolute gent.

Am I dreaming, or do you do particularly well in Rebuys?

A sneaky peek at your Sharkscope tells me that takes you back above £100,000 profit on Sky Poker. Quite a sum, considering the average field size & prize money.

You have some of those shiny stars, too.

Scheduled Tourneys Sky Poker, Profit 2015 - 4th

Scheduled Tourneys Sky Poker, Profit 2014 - 2nd

Scheduled Tourneys Sky Poker, Profit 2013 - 1st

Respect, Matt, that's some going, considering you have a full time, & very responsible, day job. Well done you.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #43917 on: January 07, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »

Gooner will be delighted with fourth.

Basically a trophy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43918 on: January 07, 2016, 08:31:32 AM »

Gooner will be delighted with fourth.

Basically a trophy

In like a shot.

How does the Spurs Trophy cabinet compare with this, then?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #43919 on: January 07, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »

Be rude not to, let's be honest.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 2924 2925 2926 2927 [2928] 2929 2930 2931 2932 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: