blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2017, 04:11:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2174957 Posts in 65554 Topics by 16471 Members
Latest Member: de_man
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3222 3223 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 3229 3230 ... 3360 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 2467407 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #48375 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:00 PM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

Main dealers piss me off. I used to work in the trade in another life and the profits they make are astonishing. I have a new truck and a new car. Ford wanted £380 to service the truck (a transit engine FFS) which had done just 4,000 miles in a year, so only oil and filters in need changing. Fortunately I was able to take it to another garage as long as it was VAT registered, so I took it to where I've been going for 10 years. £154 total bill.

I'm not as fortunate with the Merc though as it's on lease from Mercedes and has to be taken to a main dealer. 1st service £240 second £480. Robbing tossers.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48376 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »

All the best Trev.

Hope all turns out well, and you can bink a pass.
Karabiner

Victoria Concordia Crescit

View Profile
« Reply #48377 on: May 18, 2017, 08:08:20 PM »

Get well soon Trev - hope you make a speedy enough recovery to enable a large Vegas bink.

"Dripping with irony.."
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48378 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:03 PM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

Main dealers piss me off. I used to work in the trade in another life and the profits they make are astonishing. I have a new truck and a new car. Ford wanted £380 to service the truck (a transit engine FFS) which had done just 4,000 miles in a year, so only oil and filters in need changing. Fortunately I was able to take it to another garage as long as it was VAT registered, so I took it to where I've been going for 10 years. £154 total bill.

I'm not as fortunate with the Merc though as it's on lease from Mercedes and has to be taken to a main dealer. 1st service £240 second £480. Robbing tossers.

We only have our merc for 2 years we obv do the first service at the local merc dealership then give it back 2/3 days before the contracts up / when the next service is due !
By having my pickup serviced by ford they auto enrol me in breakdown cover another year if you ask !
Similar here too I chopped my ford in 7 days before the service n mot and took a new one out so missed two years servicing costs
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48379 on: May 19, 2017, 08:10:16 AM »

Get well soon Trev.

One of the true Gents on here.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #48380 on: May 19, 2017, 12:30:33 PM »

I need to send out some "run better" wishes to Trevor Pearson, aka Typhoon, who is in hospital, and most unwell.

He is booked to do Vegas, got a full schedule mapped out and everything, but at present, the quacks are telling him he has no chance of going to Vegas this year.

Trevor is not a young man - might even be older than Ralph - so I wish him a full and speedy recovery.  

Here's Trevor in happier times, wearing a wooly he borrowed from bookiebasher.

He says he is depressed , fed up and miserable.

His wife Caroline hasn't noticed any difference.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #48381 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58:58 PM »

I need to send out some "run better" wishes to Trevor Pearson, aka Typhoon, who is in hospital, and most unwell.

He is booked to do Vegas, got a full schedule mapped out and everything, but at present, the quacks are telling him he has no chance of going to Vegas this year.

Trevor is not a young man - might even be older than Ralph - so I wish him a full and speedy recovery.  

Get well soon Trev
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #48382 on: May 19, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

We only have our merc for 2 years we obv do the first service at the local merc dealership then give it back 2/3 days before the contracts up / when the next service is due !
By having my pickup serviced by ford they auto enrol me in breakdown cover another year if you ask !
Similar here too I chopped my ford in 7 days before the service n mot and took a new one out so missed two years servicing costs

Interesting Tony. I've never been able to get away with that. If I don't send them back fully serviced they charge me anyway according to my lease.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48383 on: May 19, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »

If i was doing that job i would price it up roughly....
number plate..................£16
2 x side light bulbs .........£3
2 x headlight bulbs..........£12
ind bulb.........................£1.50
MOT .............................£50
Labour...........................£45
Total.............................£ 127.50
I would imagine their bill to be £ 220 plus vat
Don't forget some of these places have huge overheads so its not all fun n games........

WINNER.

The actual bill was £225.08 plus VAT. 

Those who are mocking are forgetting 2 things - they gave the car a thorough valet (inside & out), plus I stole 7 packets of digestive biscuits from the sweet basket & had 4 cups of coffee, all of which were free.

I had a great piece of customer service from a BMW main dealer a while back.  I bought a BMW 520D that was just under 3 years old with 40k or so on the clock.  After driving it past the 3 year mark the car died on me, had to get the RAC to pick it up and carry it back to the BMW dealership in Southampton on a Sunday.  Went into the dealership Monday morning explained what happened and they said they would call me once they have inspected it.  Around lunchtime I get a call from a nice lady who asked if I am sitting down and then explains that the turbo has blown and caused various damage and it would be a minimum of £1800 to repair.  But she then said, "Give me 10 minutes and I'll call you back".  10 minutes later I got a call from her where she explains she made a call to the BMW customer courtesy department or some such place and she managed to get them agree to foot the whole bill.  All I ended up paying for was an oil change.  No idea why she or BMW did that for me but I'm pretty glad they did.  Made me a loyal customer I know that.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48384 on: May 20, 2017, 08:04:20 AM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

Interesting Tony. I've never been able to get away with that. If I don't send them back fully serviced they charge me anyway according to my lease.

Ours was delivered 18 th April
Serviced 18 th April a year later
Returned 10 th April
So it wasn't due a service
Only when they re owned it
We took a new one earlier to avoid RFL increases this year it turned up 7 th April
N had two on the driveway for a week or so
I did the same with my ford ranger too
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #48385 on: May 20, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »

If i was doing that job i would price it up roughly....
number plate..................£16
2 x side light bulbs .........£3
2 x headlight bulbs..........£12
ind bulb.........................£1.50
MOT .............................£50
Labour...........................£45
Total.............................£ 127.50
I would imagine their bill to be £ 220 plus vat
Don't forget some of these places have huge overheads so its not all fun n games........

WINNER.

The actual bill was £225.08 plus VAT. 

Those who are mocking are forgetting 2 things - they gave the car a thorough valet (inside & out), plus I stole 7 packets of digestive biscuits from the sweet basket & had 4 cups of coffee, all of which were free.

I had a great piece of customer service from a BMW main dealer a while back.  I bought a BMW 520D that was just under 3 years old with 40k or so on the clock.  After driving it past the 3 year mark the car died on me, had to get the RAC to pick it up and carry it back to the BMW dealership in Southampton on a Sunday.  Went into the dealership Monday morning explained what happened and they said they would call me once they have inspected it.  Around lunchtime I get a call from a nice lady who asked if I am sitting down and then explains that the turbo has blown and caused various damage and it would be a minimum of £1800 to repair.  But she then said, "Give me 10 minutes and I'll call you back".  10 minutes later I got a call from her where she explains she made a call to the BMW customer courtesy department or some such place and she managed to get them agree to foot the whole bill.  All I ended up paying for was an oil change.  No idea why she or BMW did that for me but I'm pretty glad they did.  Made me a loyal customer I know that.

They could of been paid a fortune by BMW to put it right under manufacturer warranty. I have known it with Mitsubishi.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48386 on: May 20, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »

Test

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48387 on: May 20, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »

Tset

Click to see full-size image.

This sentence is false.
DTDNeil

View Profile
« Reply #48388 on: May 20, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »

Haha.
Pass on my best wishes mate.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48389 on: May 20, 2017, 12:52:30 PM »

If only I did not find that Photobucket was so chuffing clunky, I'd use it all the time, as I used to. And it bombards me with adverts & shite, too.

I'll try & find some way of doing it properly, but for now, Photobucket does my head in. Send help please.

PS - Here's a Tset for you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 3222 3223 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 3229 3230 ... 3360 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: