blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3222 3223 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 3229 3230 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321370 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #48375 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:00 PM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

Main dealers piss me off. I used to work in the trade in another life and the profits they make are astonishing. I have a new truck and a new car. Ford wanted £380 to service the truck (a transit engine FFS) which had done just 4,000 miles in a year, so only oil and filters in need changing. Fortunately I was able to take it to another garage as long as it was VAT registered, so I took it to where I've been going for 10 years. £154 total bill.

I'm not as fortunate with the Merc though as it's on lease from Mercedes and has to be taken to a main dealer. 1st service £240 second £480. Robbing tossers.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48376 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:18 PM »

All the best Trev.

Hope all turns out well, and you can bink a pass.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48377 on: May 18, 2017, 08:08:20 PM »

Get well soon Trev - hope you make a speedy enough recovery to enable a large Vegas bink.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48378 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:03 PM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

Main dealers piss me off. I used to work in the trade in another life and the profits they make are astonishing. I have a new truck and a new car. Ford wanted £380 to service the truck (a transit engine FFS) which had done just 4,000 miles in a year, so only oil and filters in need changing. Fortunately I was able to take it to another garage as long as it was VAT registered, so I took it to where I've been going for 10 years. £154 total bill.

I'm not as fortunate with the Merc though as it's on lease from Mercedes and has to be taken to a main dealer. 1st service £240 second £480. Robbing tossers.

We only have our merc for 2 years we obv do the first service at the local merc dealership then give it back 2/3 days before the contracts up / when the next service is due !
By having my pickup serviced by ford they auto enrol me in breakdown cover another year if you ask !
Similar here too I chopped my ford in 7 days before the service n mot and took a new one out so missed two years servicing costs
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48379 on: May 19, 2017, 08:10:16 AM »

Get well soon Trev.

One of the true Gents on here.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #48380 on: May 19, 2017, 12:30:33 PM »

I need to send out some "run better" wishes to Trevor Pearson, aka Typhoon, who is in hospital, and most unwell.

He is booked to do Vegas, got a full schedule mapped out and everything, but at present, the quacks are telling him he has no chance of going to Vegas this year.

Trevor is not a young man - might even be older than Ralph - so I wish him a full and speedy recovery.  

Here's Trevor in happier times, wearing a wooly he borrowed from bookiebasher.

He says he is depressed , fed up and miserable.

His wife Caroline hasn't noticed any difference.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #48381 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58:58 PM »

I need to send out some "run better" wishes to Trevor Pearson, aka Typhoon, who is in hospital, and most unwell.

He is booked to do Vegas, got a full schedule mapped out and everything, but at present, the quacks are telling him he has no chance of going to Vegas this year.

Trevor is not a young man - might even be older than Ralph - so I wish him a full and speedy recovery.  

Get well soon Trev
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #48382 on: May 19, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

We only have our merc for 2 years we obv do the first service at the local merc dealership then give it back 2/3 days before the contracts up / when the next service is due !
By having my pickup serviced by ford they auto enrol me in breakdown cover another year if you ask !
Similar here too I chopped my ford in 7 days before the service n mot and took a new one out so missed two years servicing costs

Interesting Tony. I've never been able to get away with that. If I don't send them back fully serviced they charge me anyway according to my lease.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48383 on: May 19, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »

If i was doing that job i would price it up roughly....
number plate..................£16
2 x side light bulbs .........£3
2 x headlight bulbs..........£12
ind bulb.........................£1.50
MOT .............................£50
Labour...........................£45
Total.............................£ 127.50
I would imagine their bill to be £ 220 plus vat
Don't forget some of these places have huge overheads so its not all fun n games........

WINNER.

The actual bill was £225.08 plus VAT. 

Those who are mocking are forgetting 2 things - they gave the car a thorough valet (inside & out), plus I stole 7 packets of digestive biscuits from the sweet basket & had 4 cups of coffee, all of which were free.

I had a great piece of customer service from a BMW main dealer a while back.  I bought a BMW 520D that was just under 3 years old with 40k or so on the clock.  After driving it past the 3 year mark the car died on me, had to get the RAC to pick it up and carry it back to the BMW dealership in Southampton on a Sunday.  Went into the dealership Monday morning explained what happened and they said they would call me once they have inspected it.  Around lunchtime I get a call from a nice lady who asked if I am sitting down and then explains that the turbo has blown and caused various damage and it would be a minimum of £1800 to repair.  But she then said, "Give me 10 minutes and I'll call you back".  10 minutes later I got a call from her where she explains she made a call to the BMW customer courtesy department or some such place and she managed to get them agree to foot the whole bill.  All I ended up paying for was an oil change.  No idea why she or BMW did that for me but I'm pretty glad they did.  Made me a loyal customer I know that.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48384 on: May 20, 2017, 08:04:20 AM »

Get well soon Typhoon.

Interesting Tony. I've never been able to get away with that. If I don't send them back fully serviced they charge me anyway according to my lease.

Ours was delivered 18 th April
Serviced 18 th April a year later
Returned 10 th April
So it wasn't due a service
Only when they re owned it
We took a new one earlier to avoid RFL increases this year it turned up 7 th April
N had two on the driveway for a week or so
I did the same with my ford ranger too
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #48385 on: May 20, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »

If i was doing that job i would price it up roughly....
number plate..................£16
2 x side light bulbs .........£3
2 x headlight bulbs..........£12
ind bulb.........................£1.50
MOT .............................£50
Labour...........................£45
Total.............................£ 127.50
I would imagine their bill to be £ 220 plus vat
Don't forget some of these places have huge overheads so its not all fun n games........

WINNER.

The actual bill was £225.08 plus VAT. 

Those who are mocking are forgetting 2 things - they gave the car a thorough valet (inside & out), plus I stole 7 packets of digestive biscuits from the sweet basket & had 4 cups of coffee, all of which were free.

I had a great piece of customer service from a BMW main dealer a while back.  I bought a BMW 520D that was just under 3 years old with 40k or so on the clock.  After driving it past the 3 year mark the car died on me, had to get the RAC to pick it up and carry it back to the BMW dealership in Southampton on a Sunday.  Went into the dealership Monday morning explained what happened and they said they would call me once they have inspected it.  Around lunchtime I get a call from a nice lady who asked if I am sitting down and then explains that the turbo has blown and caused various damage and it would be a minimum of £1800 to repair.  But she then said, "Give me 10 minutes and I'll call you back".  10 minutes later I got a call from her where she explains she made a call to the BMW customer courtesy department or some such place and she managed to get them agree to foot the whole bill.  All I ended up paying for was an oil change.  No idea why she or BMW did that for me but I'm pretty glad they did.  Made me a loyal customer I know that.

They could of been paid a fortune by BMW to put it right under manufacturer warranty. I have known it with Mitsubishi.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48386 on: May 20, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »

Test

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48387 on: May 20, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »

Tset

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #48388 on: May 20, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »

Haha.
Pass on my best wishes mate.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48389 on: May 20, 2017, 12:52:30 PM »

If only I did not find that Photobucket was so chuffing clunky, I'd use it all the time, as I used to. And it bombards me with adverts & shite, too.

I'll try & find some way of doing it properly, but for now, Photobucket does my head in. Send help please.

PS - Here's a Tset for you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 3222 3223 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 3229 3230 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: