blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 11:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3395 3396 3397 3398 [3399] 3400 3401 3402 3403 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6376160 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50970 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »

Apropos nothing particular, I was searching google images for something this afternoon & chanced across this photo.

Bit of a memory-jogger, this.

Very very early days of DTD when they had the race-track around the tables to enable huge chip-stacking tekkers which I almost certainly never took advantage of.

"Chip stacking tekkers" reminded me of one of my favourite photos ever.

Miss Mason, who was not awfully well the next morning. But a good few bob better off.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50971 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »

from the 1920s

one of the best maps ever?

Click to see full-size image.

Excellent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50972 on: December 22, 2017, 10:33:19 AM »

Apropos nothing particular, I was searching google images for something this afternoon & chanced across this photo.

Very very early days of DTD when they had the race-track around the tables to enable huge chip-stacking tekkers which I almost certainly never took advantage of.

Miss Mason, who was not awfully well the next morning. But a good few bob better off.

That was the Blonde Bash final table at DTD and she amassed that stack by knocking me out in 6th/7th after I cunningly induced her to shove with 99 into my AA.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50973 on: December 22, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »

That was the Blonde Bash final table at DTD and she amassed that stack by knocking me out in 6th/7th after I cunningly induced her to shove with 99 into my AA.

Correct.

For a bonus point, tell us what you remember of this occasion, & what exactly took you all the way down to Torquay;

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=28220

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #50974 on: December 22, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »

This sign recently appeared at a fishery in Oxfordshire.

There's a couple of ponds near me that have had to be emptied because of people stealing the fish and eating them.

The people stealing the fish were Polish but it's probably a bit racist to say that so I won't.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50975 on: December 22, 2017, 12:15:36 PM »

There's a couple of ponds near me that have had to be emptied because of people stealing the fish and eating them.

The people stealing the fish were Polish but it's probably a bit racist to say that so I won't.

Why exactly did the ponds need emptying if someone had stolen the fish?

Ponds don't have to contain fish, do they?

Who owns the fish in a pond, as a matter of interest?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:56:23 PM by tikay » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #50976 on: December 22, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/sports-law/uk-fishing-rights/

You'll love riparian law, tikay. Hours of fun. More fun than fishing, some might say.

https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/news2014/new-legislation-affects-which-fish-you-may-keep-in-england
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:03:53 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50977 on: December 22, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »

It's not surprising that Polish people steal the fish as a) they are poorer than the general population and b) like lots of Eastern Europeans they eat carp, which we don't really in Britain. See Eso Kral's past stories of his hunt for a Christmas Carp.

Not sure what the point of this sign is though- as I understand it it was on a fishing pond, so surely anyone fishing there will either a) behave themselves or b) ignore all signs of any nature, so the only people affected are Polish people who were planning on behaving themselves. All a bit rubbish.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50978 on: December 22, 2017, 02:08:59 PM »

If they caught the people stealing the fish then they wouldn't need to empty it?   If they didn't how did they know their nationality.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50979 on: December 22, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »

Correct.

For a bonus point, tell us what you remember of this occasion, & what exactly took you all the way down to Torquay;

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=28220

It came about when Blonde had it's own skin on i-poker iirc and for some reason I played in a satellite for what looked like a decent event.

I did actually write a trip-report and post it on Blonde but for some reason the playing-cards messed up the paragraphs and it looked like it had been written by an illiterate. It's probably still in there if you excavate deeply enough. It was a good trip with an excellent cast of characters including Albert, M3Boy, Laurence Robjent, Elvis, and Bambos to name a few. I seem to remember you enjoying my account of the train journey along the sea-shore passing by some red cliffs - a route your dad used to drive when you were a lad and how he would impress your mates by sounding the horn and waving as he went by.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #50980 on: December 22, 2017, 04:30:32 PM »

I blew a fuse and found this when rummaging through the box.  I seem to remember fuses blowing was quite a regular occurrence when I were a lad.  That and chimneys catching fire.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #50981 on: December 22, 2017, 08:18:42 PM »

I remember playing in that Torquay tourney......was a biggun for them  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50982 on: December 22, 2017, 11:00:23 PM »

I just remembered Nic Szeremeta and his daughter Kate also played in that tourney as did Des Wilson.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50983 on: December 23, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »

How about this for a bizarre news story?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42462724

Princess Michael of Kent is in trouble on Social Media, & had to apologise for wearing a brooch which depicted a black man, and it was emphasises that she was in the company of Meghan Markle, who was described as "mixed race". Oh dear.

Would it have been OK if the brooch depicted a white man?

What is racist about a brooch which depicts a black person? I know, & understand, that, say, the Robertson's "Golliwog" is no longer acceptable, & I get that completely.

Can we still have statues of black people, or is that now deemed racist by Team Sensitive on Twitter?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50984 on: December 23, 2017, 09:11:42 AM »

Continuing with the random photo theme, he's a random photo of a random I randomly happened across.

Pretty sure Matt was younger when it was taken.

Pages: 1 ... 3395 3396 3397 3398 [3399] 3400 3401 3402 3403 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: