blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:05:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3528 3529 3530 3531 [3532] 3533 3534 3535 3536 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296564 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #52965 on: August 06, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »

We give little thought to our waste once we flush it away but there’s a good system in place to deal with it
But increasing population and cleaner standards means infrastructure upgrades
Some we see some we don’t - and probably don’t want to.!
Project Clearwater  cleethorpes - a tunnelled scheme
Project Clearwater Ipswich ditto
Project Clearwater clacton ditto
All Anglian water jobs to transport and store sewerage to treatment works drilled on by me and others ! 20/45 m deep bhs

Iver water treatment works balancing tunnel from iver water works to the colnbrook reservoirs
The TBM Hit the “ upper Shelly beds “ slowing production to a crawl
while I was called in to carry out a few 35/45 m bhs to determine if it rose out of the tunnel zone we found a massive gravel scour a huge funnel shaped cone of water and gravel beside the m25/m4 jcb right in the path of the tunnel !
A potential catastrophe!!!
It was first grouted - which didn’t work
Then frozen with nitrogen  !
Which solidified the ground to enable safe passage of the tunnel / TBM 

At the Connaught crossing - a narrow bottleneck by Victoria n Albert dock a TBM dropped below a level in which the hydraulic rams could lift it !
Another stewards inquiry about
“ are we in clay ?”
“ or sand ?”
Get fatty in again on pontoons 😂😂😂

All unseen until you get a programme like this !

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #52966 on: August 06, 2018, 12:26:08 PM »

Just because he is flavour of the month here, his ailments continue, my mother's dog bit his ear today and cut him really bad. Ignore the sad face, he's been loving the attention.

Bless him. Got to love an older dog Smiley

Have you tried CBD for his arthritis? When I put Ronnie on it to help with his cancer the first thing I noticed was that his creaky joints disappeared and he was running round like a pup again.

Seems to work really well on dogs as they have better cannabinoid receptors than humans. A friend of mine has recently had huge success with her dog who had a 15ft fall and broke his pelvis and leg. He's 11 years old and was really slow recovering but CBD was nothing short of a miracle for him. He'd been on all kinds of prescribed drugs, none of which worked but the CBD worked within days.

Definitely worth a try mate especially now that it's legal. I think my mate sells it now because of the success she had.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52967 on: August 06, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »

Just because he is flavour of the month here, his ailments continue, my mother's dog bit his ear today and cut him really bad. Ignore the sad face, he's been loving the attention.

Have you tried CBD for his arthritis? When I put Ronnie on it to help with his cancer the first thing I noticed was that his creaky joints disappeared and he was running round like a pup again.

Seems to work really well on dogs as they have better cannabinoid receptors than humans. A friend of mine has recently had huge success with her dog who had a 15ft fall and broke his pelvis and leg. He's 11 years old and was really slow recovering but CBD was nothing short of a miracle for him. He'd been on all kinds of prescribed drugs, none of which worked but the CBD worked within days.

Definitely worth a try mate especially now that it's legal. I think my mate sells it now because of the success she had.

Not heard of that until now.

He is on Synoquin which is like a cod liver oil supplement and for the last year has also been a miracle for him. Its only the left month or so that his has lost a bit of mobility in his front left leg and he is tripping over it occassionally, so the vet has him on loxicom which is a painkiller. That hasn't done a great deal which is actually good news in that it means that he probably wasnt in pain. The painkillers have given him the shits and we are going to suggest we stop using them because they havent done much, so yes I'll be hoping the vet suggests something like you have suggested to loosen his joints up.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #52968 on: August 06, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »

Not heard of that until now.

He is on Synoquin which is like a cod liver oil supplement and for the last year has also been a miracle for him. Its only the left month or so that his has lost a bit of mobility in his front left leg and he is tripping over it occassionally, so the vet has him on loxicom which is a painkiller. That hasn't done a great deal which is actually good news in that it means that he probably wasnt in pain. The painkillers have given him the shits and we are going to suggest we stop using them because they havent done much, so yes I'll be hoping the vet suggests something like you have suggested to loosen his joints up.

Vets won't suggest CBD and it's not available by prescription. If you google 'CBD for dogs' though you'll find loads of information about it.

My friend buys it from this place: https://cannawell.co.uk/

You can also buy it from Holland and Barrett amongst others.

It's classed as an holistic medicine but don't let that fool you in to thinking it's hokum. It's amazing.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52969 on: August 07, 2018, 09:36:23 AM »

Blimey - this is tough to even imagine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45096183

I read a book about the so-called "dark net" recently, jeez, it's scary what can be bought & sold on there, not just drugs & weapons, but even human organs. All transactions are, of course, paid for in crypto-currency, as it is deemed to be untraceable.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:39:03 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52970 on: August 07, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »

I read a book about the so-called "dark net" recently, jeez, it's scary what can be bought & sold on there, not just drugs & weapons, but even human organs. All transactions are, of course, paid for in crypto-currency, as it is deemed to be untraceable.

Was that this one?

If so I also recommened his follow up

And very similar this

Bartlett is a great follow on twitter for the way tech is changing our lives https://twitter.com/JamieJBartlett
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52971 on: August 07, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »

Was that this one?

If so I also recommened his follow up

And very similar this

Bartlett is a great follow on twitter for the way tech is changing our lives https://twitter.com/JamieJBartlett

I read the first of those, Barry, but the book I had in mind was this:

Was excellent. Tells the story of the guy who created "Silk Road". Extraordinary stuff.

PS - How's the wounded soldier (ear bite) now?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52972 on: August 07, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »

Ah yes, I saw the documentary of that

Directed by Alex Winter, better known as the blonde fella here if you know the popular 90s movie

Click to see full-size image.

The mutt is fine now, though he is lapping up all the extra attention his had received with his bandaged ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52973 on: August 07, 2018, 12:48:02 PM »

Today's gem from The Twitter.

It's fictional, of course, but mildly amusing all the same.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:02:56 PM by tikay » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #52974 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »

Some corking photos from the British Chess Championships, which finished on Sunday:

https://www.britishchesschampionships.co.uk/photography-2018/

Some on here might recognise this chap:

79 years young now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Reuben

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
alen.fantasy

View Profile
« Reply #52975 on: August 10, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52976 on: August 15, 2018, 09:41:25 AM »

Most of us are somewhat inhibited on matters of ablutions in public, I know I certainly am. I'm very much a close the door & lock it sort.

No surprise really that the French of all people have civilised & normalised having an open air wee in the middle of a large City.

I do love the sign though.

There is no flushing system, or water in it - just hay & straw. It all comes together to form a sort of mulch, or compost, which is then spread on agricultural land, & the whole cycle starts again.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52977 on: August 15, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »

The collapse of the bridge in Genoa was quite remarkable.

We take bridges for granted, they are so utterly reliable. The UK alone has several hundred thousand of them, & if we travel a few miles by road, rail or river, we are sure to go over or under several without a moments thought.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #52978 on: August 15, 2018, 05:39:59 PM »

Saw that on the news yesterday.

Tragic.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #52979 on: August 17, 2018, 04:22:29 PM »

Inced scenes at SPT.

I decided to play Brighton and end up on his nibs table.

Opening hand and its Me heads up after limping in vs Mr Kendall. TK to create some atmosphere gives it some talk about knocking me out and mock flashes his ace stating he has a pair.

Wow.....it all goes off.

Seat next to him calls the floor, up in arms that we know each other and how dare we start any banter, this is for serious cash.

Totally oblivious to Tony folding and being the mischievous bounty.

It can only go one way....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 3528 3529 3530 3531 [3532] 3533 3534 3535 3536 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: