blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 555 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332790 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8250 on: August 18, 2008, 06:38:15 PM »

He won't be invited to my Home Game, & that's that. Wink

can I come?

Queue starts here......Dingdell, Claw75, ........can we organise times and dates please Tikay - Claw needs to sort out a babysitter and I need to pick myself up off the floor....

I'm sure the monkey can look after himself for one night Smiley

He isn't coming?? To the home game of the year??? I'll add him to the list; Dingdell, Claw75, Monkey, ....

that's that sorted then - well done Trace.  When shall we come up?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: August 18, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »

can I come?

Queue starts here......Dingdell, Claw75, ........can we organise times and dates please Tikay - Claw needs to sort out a babysitter and I need to pick myself up off the floor....

I'm sure the monkey can look after himself for one night Smiley

He isn't coming?? To the home game of the year??? I'll add him to the list; Dingdell, Claw75, Monkey, ....

that's that sorted then - well done Trace.  When shall we come up?

Just waiting for available dates from Tikay....

Still waiting......
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: August 18, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »

I'm struggling to understand why you should be so troubled by me calling Johnson a cheat. He was.......! Any mitigation he may have does not affect the facts.

I'm not troubled, just always felt his treatment was unfair. as I said, I've always seen him as a pawn in the whole thing, no clean athlete could have won that race due to the general state of the sport.

btw, if you'd mentioned Christie with Chambers I would've been happy. he deserves the same as Chambers, failed a drug test in Seoul, got away with it somehow, saw what happened to Johnson and was stupid enough to get caught again. no excuses, he knew what would happen in a way Johnson maybe didn't

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: August 18, 2008, 06:41:29 PM »

can I come?

You are welcome.

Due to a little local difficulty with my Dyson, I can't hold it at home right now, so it'll be at DTD, on a Private Table.

Invitees are...

Ding (female)

Claw (female)

Compo (just for one hand - he busts quickly)

Karabiner (superb one-liners)

Red (in charge of food)

Chompy (to crunch the carrots)

Ironside (comedy value)

Thewy (Suckout Coach))

That'll do for starters. It's £0.50 - £1, £100 max sit down.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: August 18, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »

I'm struggling to understand why you should be so troubled by me calling Johnson a cheat. He was.......! Any mitigation he may have does not affect the facts.

I'm not troubled, just always felt his treatment was unfair. as I said, I've always seen him as a pawn in the whole thing, no clean athlete could have won that race due to the general state of the sport.

btw, if you'd mentioned Christie with Chambers I would've been happy. he deserves the same as Chambers, failed a drug test in Seoul, got away with it somehow, saw what happened to Johnson and was stupid enough to get caught again. no excuses, he knew what would happen in a way Johnson maybe didn't

OK, I'm happy to appease, amend my original Post to read "Christie & Chambers".

My point remains the same, & no less valid. They've devalued the Olympic Games as a spectacle, & now we have to "hold back" when athletes produce eye-watering performances. Sign of the times, I suppose, but to me, it's very sad, & I won't forgive any of them - ever, no matter what feeble excuses are made for them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: August 18, 2008, 06:57:42 PM »

can I come?

You are welcome.

Due to a little local difficulty with my Dyson, I can't hold it at home right now, so it'll be at DTD, on a Private Table.

Invitees are...

Ding (female)

Claw (female)

Red (in charge of food)

Ironside (comedy value)

Thewy (Suckout Coach))

I've amended this. It now reads....

Claw

Ding

Chili

Mathilde

Me

The blokes can play with themselves.

phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: August 18, 2008, 07:02:30 PM »

can I come?

You are welcome.

Invitees are...

Ding (female)

Claw (female)

Red (in charge of food)

Ironside (comedy value)

Thewy (Suckout Coach))

Claw

Ding

Chili
Mathilde

Me

what about jen? and aint chilli a fella?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: August 18, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »

can I come?

You are welcome.

Invitees are...

Ding (female)

Claw (female)

Red (in charge of food)

Ironside (comedy value)

Thewy (Suckout Coach))

Claw

Ding

Chili
Mathilde

Me

what about jen? and aint chilli a fella?

They are all female? Wow, never realised. But yes, add Jen.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: August 18, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »

Add Maureen.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: August 18, 2008, 07:09:50 PM »

FL180+?

Bravo?

FL180 is basically 18,000 feet, obviously altitude reading is dependant on air pressure, so when you are close to the ground you keep changing the altimeter to the current air pressure, however once you pass 'transition' altitude you revert to the ISA (International Standard Atmosphere) from then on you express your altitude in "Flight Levels" FL180 basically meaning 18,000ft.

Bravo airspace, it's controlled, it requires specific clearance to enter, it's usually used in high traffic areas. Delta is the most common controlled space, Echo is the most common which is uncontrolled, in the states you get a lot of Echo airfields which basically means there is no ATC! Can lead to some amusing situations!

Flushy, are microlights under the control of and monitored by ATC?

If they go into controlled airspace then yes they would be however i think they usually operate outside of control zones.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8260 on: August 18, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »

The Olympics are full of "dreams come true" fairy-tales.

Rebecca, our Cyclists, rowers, Bolt, the guy from Toga who Medalled, da de da, it's just lovely to see these extraordinary tales unfolding.

A young British lady called Rebecca Romero won a Silver at the previous Olympics in Rowing - & this time she won a Gold - in Cycling! How about that?

But because of those damn dumbass idiots like Ben Johnson & Dwayne Chambers, my first thought these days is always "are they "clean"?".

The Jamaican sprinters have been awsesome, & no doubt has been cast upon their integrity, nor should it.

But if you think about it, it's almost beyond belief, what they've done. Jamaica is a tiny, tiny, country. And that Bolt fella won the 100 - not even his main event! - doing handstands. 100 metre races at the top level are always blanket finishes, but he was yards ahead.

And thern came the Jamaican women sprinters, in their 100 metres. A gold - their first ever Medal in the ladies 100 metres? - & 2nd & 3rd too - well, 2nd & 2nd, technically. A clean sweep, anyway, & that's never been done before, either.

And I'm thinking - again - "oh please let them be clean".

Assuming they are clean, it'll be extraordinary what Jamaica have done here.

And that's the debt that those cheating lying sods like Ben Johnson & Dwayne Chambers owe us - they've removed the innocence, the purity, the belief we have when dreams come true. There is no price you can put on that.

Merlene Ottey won 8 Olympic medals including several in the 100m.

In my opinion, Ben Johnson was treated worse than several other cheats because of two main factors: 1) he won the big race and 2) he was wasn't as eloquent as runners such as Carl Lewis. In no way do I condone his actions (indeed I share Tikay's abhorrence of cheating) but at least he wasn't self-righteously accusing his fellow competitors.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8261 on: August 18, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »

In my opinion, Ben Johnson was treated worse than several other cheats because of two main factors: 1) he won the big race and 2) he was wasn't as eloquent as runners such as Carl Lewis. In no way do I condone his actions (indeed I share Tikay's abhorrence of cheating) but at least he wasn't self-righteously accusing his fellow competitors.

The main reason was because he got busted in the middle of the Olympics just after breaking the 100m world record.

That race was the equivalent of Bolt's race on Saturday - gave people an OMG moment around the world.

Failing the test robbed people of that - hence the massive hate.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: August 18, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »

The main reason was because he got busted in the middle of the Olympics just after breaking the 100m world record.

That race was the equivalent of Bolt's race on Saturday - gave people an OMG moment around the world.

Failing the test robbed people of that - hence the massive hate.

Perfectly summed up. And that's the worry I have over Jamaica's splendid performance this year, & so many others - the cheats have tainted my mind.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: August 18, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »

The Olympics are full of "dreams come true" fairy-tales.

Rebecca, our Cyclists, rowers, Bolt, the guy from Toga who Medalled, da de da, it's just lovely to see these extraordinary tales unfolding.

A young British lady called Rebecca Romero won a Silver at the previous Olympics in Rowing - & this time she won a Gold - in Cycling! How about that?

But because of those damn dumbass idiots like Ben Johnson & Dwayne Chambers, my first thought these days is always "are they "clean"?".

The Jamaican sprinters have been awsesome, & no doubt has been cast upon their integrity, nor should it.

But if you think about it, it's almost beyond belief, what they've done. Jamaica is a tiny, tiny, country. And that Bolt fella won the 100 - not even his main event! - doing handstands. 100 metre races at the top level are always blanket finishes, but he was yards ahead.

And thern came the Jamaican women sprinters, in their 100 metres. A gold - their first ever Medal in the ladies 100 metres? - & 2nd & 3rd too - well, 2nd & 2nd, technically. A clean sweep, anyway, & that's never been done before, either.

And I'm thinking - again - "oh please let them be clean".

Assuming they are clean, it'll be extraordinary what Jamaica have done here.

And that's the debt that those cheating lying sods like Ben Johnson & Dwayne Chambers owe us - they've removed the innocence, the purity, the belief we have when dreams come true. There is no price you can put on that.

Merlene Ottey won 8 Olympic medals including several in the 100m.

Oops, I forgot Merlene, sorry. But WHAT a story she could tell, with her various exploits, & her bullying her way into the Jamaican Team, & the rest of the Team snubbing her, following the rather odd drug scndal she was (innocently?) embroiled in.

After that, she fell out with Jamaica, & became a Slovenien national in 2002, & ran for them subsequently. Amazingly, she reached the Semis of the 2006 European Championships - at the age of 46!

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8264 on: August 18, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »

With Phelps' amazing exploits in the pool. The American press are hyping the question of who is the greatest Olympian of all-time.(obv cos they think he is an American). Well in the shortlist that ESPN came up with Carl Lewis was proudly included on the list (Redgrave also made the list). I guess winning hides the cheating in some peoples eyes. Id bet if you did a survey in the States 95% would not know that Lewis had tested positive for drugs.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 555 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: