blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  nice to see some honest people out there
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nice to see some honest people out there  (Read 7933 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2007, 10:56:04 PM »

tell the guy who has sent the deposit that you have changed your mind

Never.

Exactly
fearisthekey

PL: 51S1NT 4R51MS

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2007, 03:25:09 PM »

Why does nobody believe that this is genuine? Its a sorry state of affairs if people's trust of others is this low. Like Sofa said the thought did cross his mind to start with hence why he's made the post but then if the thought did cross his mind then i'm sure he's taken the necessary steps to ensure that this is genuine.

maybe the buyer knows someone from blonde and has already read that the goods are valued at between 25-30k from Sofa's previous posts and can see a bargain when he sees one...........

No wonder people are leaving this country in their droves if you cant trust anyone!

I'm not sure there's much room for trust in internet trading? So many scammers. I'm quite surprised by the number of dishonest traders on ebay.

sofa, if you're still on for the offsite sale on ebay, you can recoup your final value fee by letting them know that buyer and seller agreed not to proceed with the purchase. And hope the ebay buyer doesn't try to force the issue.

W85N 494 T85 4R51M 253OM5 1 N978TM1R5

4ON0TW1K589MUP

CHEYNE STOKING

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »

Why does nobody believe that this is genuine? Its a sorry state of affairs if people's trust of others is this low. Like Sofa said the thought did cross his mind to start with hence why he's made the post but then if the thought did cross his mind then i'm sure he's taken the necessary steps to ensure that this is genuine.

maybe the buyer knows someone from blonde and has already read that the goods are valued at between 25-30k from Sofa's previous posts and can see a bargain when he sees one...........

No wonder people are leaving this country in their droves if you cant trust anyone!

I'm not sure there's much room for trust in internet trading? So many scammers. I'm quite surprised by the number of dishonest traders on ebay.

sofa, if you're still on for the offsite sale on ebay, you can recoup your final value fee by letting them know that buyer and seller agreed not to proceed with the purchase. And hope the ebay buyer doesn't try to force the issue.

wouldn't know as i've never used it, maybe deep down thats because i don't trust it or anyone on it!! Cheesy

The only time i buy stuff on the internet is for football tickets and at the club shop as being a charlton fan they dont have many Manchester branches in their empire Sad

sponsored by Fyffes
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »

So TIKAY  pays 5k up front for his own autograph how vain is that man?Huh?Huh?Huh?
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2007, 01:15:12 AM »

Never.

Exactly

Out of context quoting me...

It started by saying you need to end the auction or tell him you have changed your mind, leaving it run without telling him is worse than telling him you've changed it. It can leave you with 2 people who think they are buying your van.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2007, 01:21:20 AM »

Never.

Exactly

It started by saying you need to end the auction or tell him you have changed your mind, leaving it run without telling him is worse than telling him you've changed it. It can leave you with 2 people who think they are buying your van.

My apologies, I didn't read it like that.

The older I get, the better I was.
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2007, 02:07:24 AM »

Never.

Exactly

My apologies, I didn't read it like that.

It may not have been clear. But that's what I meant Wink
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2007, 02:48:43 AM »

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/motors-end-early.html

eBay Motors allows you to end your listing early and send a Transaction Confirmation Request to an eBay member.

Note: A Transaction Confirmation Request cancels all existing bids and Best Offers.

To end your listing early, and sell your vehicle to a member that has bid or contacted you through eBay:

Go to the End Your Listing Early page and select the Sell Item to member and end listing early option.
A list of members who have bid on this item or emailed you appears.

Select your buyer from the list.

Decide on the amount of time you will give the buyer to respond to this request. Select the time from the Request duration pull-down menu.

Enter the price for this item that you and the buyer have agreed on in the Negotiated price box.

Enter any additional information for the buyer in the Comments box.

Click the Continue button to send the Transaction Confirmation Request to the buyer and end this listing. If there were other members that bid or made an offer on this item, they will be emailed that their bid or offer will be cancelled.

To end your listing early, and sell your vehicle to a member that did not bid or contact you through eBay:

Go to the End Your Listing Early page and select the Sell Item to member and end listing early option.

Click the “send a Transaction Confirmation Request” link directly below the list of members.

Enter the buyer’s User ID and post code, and click the Find Member button. The buyer’s User ID will appear in the “Member found” box.

Click the Send to Member button.

Decide on the amount of time you will give the buyer to respond to this request. Select the time from the Request duration pull-down menu.

Enter the price for this item that you and the buyer have agreed on in the Negotiated price box.

Enter any additional information for the buyer in the Comments box.

Click the Continue button to send the Transaction Confirmation Request to the buyer and end this listing. If there were other members that bid or made an offer on this item, they will be emailed that their bid or offer will be cancelled.

If you let the auction close with a winning bidder then you have 2 people with claims to 1 vehicle which may lead to compliactions and headaches.

As for the money well he paid it in to your account and he can't get it back unless you give it to him !!!

Mr A Hughes

Sort 876890
Account 71791268

Deposit all you like nobody will get it back. If you doubt me deposit then try to get it back. What do i  get from your experiment ? The cash you gave me Smiley

Sandy

PS any time i tried this on the ebay forums nobody ever was brave enough to risk £1 to test me but nobody took anything out except where i authorised it either.

Pokerron

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »

Cheers Sandy I've just subscribed to Poker Player using your account info and start my peak membership, with all the trimmings - with Virgin Active tomorrow Wink

The Thread Killer
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2007, 11:28:25 AM »

Cheers Sandy I've just subscribed to Poker Player using your account info and start my peak membership, with all the trimmings - with Virgin Active tomorrow Wink

That information (account number and sort code) is on any cheque you write - and like Sandy said, allows people to transfer money to your account, but not the other way round.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2007, 12:24:58 PM »

well heres a little update wots happened.,.,the guy who gave me a £5k deposit ended bidding upto £13,200 and got it as the last bid,but our deal pre bidding where he gave me a £5k deposit still stands at £15k,.,.i have been rung about 10-15 times .,peole still making me offers £14.5k upto £17.5k but i am sticking with the guy who put a deposit in my account last week.,.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Pokerron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2007, 12:36:41 PM »

That information (account number and sort code) is on any cheque you write - and like Sandy said, allows people to transfer money to your account, but not the other way round.

I am sure Sandy's is in the clear regarding my joke, but I also belive that it is possible for some people to set up direct debits using the info provided.  For example a gift subscription to any magazine. Sandy would be protected by the DD guarantee, but still it's not the wisest thing to do (on ebay) IMO.

Glad to hear it went well sofa, to be honest it sounded pretty solid as soon as his £5k cleared.

The Thread Killer
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »

Even if that was true how would you get your magazine without leaving an address where you could get it ? (thus easily tracable by the bank and police ?)

It'd take me 2 minutes to get that cash back and you a lot longer to explain what you were doing Wink

Sandy
Pokerron

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2007, 07:13:48 PM »

Not when the bank find out you've posted your details on the forum of the largest community in the world.   And ebay. (I'm assuming the jokers wouldnt care if they got hold of the magazine etc)

You are (sort of) right of course, but still, I'd rather avoid the hassle of calling the bank/police and explaining what happened....which is why I advise against posting full bank details on the net. 

The Thread Killer
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:59 PM »

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/motors-end-early.html

If you let the auction close with a winning bidder then you have 2 people with claims to 1 vehicle which may lead to compliactions and headaches.

As for the money well he paid it in to your account and he can't get it back unless you give it to him !!!

Mr A Hughes

Sort 876890
Account 71791268

Deposit all you like nobody will get it back. If you doubt me deposit then try to get it back. What do i  get from your experiment ? The cash you gave me Smiley

Sandy

PS any time i tried this on the ebay forums nobody ever was brave enough to risk £1 to test me but nobody took anything out except where i authorised it either.

Hi can you please give me the 3 digit number on the back of your card and the expiry date.

Thanks.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: