blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:31:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand of the week: December 10th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand of the week: December 10th  (Read 20514 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 03:25:17 PM »

As you raised preflop, the trouble with check/calling is that you're telling him you've hit a monster.   If you limp preflop, then you can afford to check/call here without too much worry, but I think to get maximum value you need to come out betting here.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

Jaysus Flushy, just get some money in the pot.

I do....patience.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »

Bet 12k, make it try to look like a weak continuation bet thats screaming to be re-raised because you've got AK and missed the flop.

I like this line, its my standard line the question is do you change that for table conditions, no-one was doing anything funky in this comp they were all playing like scared money, it is nigh on impossible that someone is going to make a move in this tournament.

The fact that he has 170k in chips and is leader of whole tourney indicates to me that he is not playing like scared money, more like he has been using his chip stack to bully his opponents on other tables. The fact that he is new to the table means he doesn't know how you've acquired your chips either. I'm hoping he is going to continue trying to set a precedence of "I'm boss and I'm going to put you in your place" - hence the weak bet.

It's a fair point, he may well be out of character with the rest of the comp.

OffTheRadar

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 04:58:31 PM »

I'd normally put in a c-bet here whether I hit the flop or not, the problem here is you have such a big part of it and its hard to put your opponent on anything he can play back at you with other than 89 or a possible under-set. I know it looks suspicious but I'd check and hope to induce a bluff or if it goes check-check I don't mind giving him a free card and hoping he catches up. Very unlikely he's going to outdraw you on the turn.
Berbatov
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »

I'd bet at least 20k into the pot, my reasoning is that if cl has qq/jj he may raise to find out where he is, or if he has a draw of any sort you don't want him to hit it cheap and then see what 4th street comes.

If an under card that helps a draw comes out then i would bet again but this time hard pot size maybe, if trip 10s are the best hand and he isnt drawing he may well stay in the pot and the money looks like its going your way and you can get a chance to value bet the river. If the card is high but not helping a draw i'm going to bet still but a little less than before. If he reraises me here i decide if he has top trips or not and then either push or make the greatest laydown in history Smiley

Hows that flushy?
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 07:16:19 PM »

I'd jam it in with a big over-bet maybe all-in so it looks like a scared bet that doesn't want a call - that way you're more likely to get a call from any number of hands.

If he folds - show the hand then when you do play subtly they really won't know what to put you on!!

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 09:59:54 PM »

I'd bet at least 20k into the pot, my reasoning is that if cl has qq/jj he may raise to find out where he is

I am not sure i understand this logic, under-repping a hand then raising to "find out" if you are behind. Surely your oppo is still going to think he is good with a wider range than you as you have under-repped.....

I guess that's why 'betting for information' is not really a winning strategy.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »

i check too. What are u scared of? If he has JJ-AA or a set hes going nowhere, he is only folding and under pair that hasnt made a set or aq /ak etc so no need to scare him of. Check call the flop and bet the turn is my thinking.

I like this line as well as Longy's. The question is why do you flat call then bet the turn? This is going to stop him bluffing the turn, its the way i would bluff in these spots more than VB, it really limits his options IMO.

By the time turn comes then there is more than enough in there to be happy with. Unlikely that the Chip leader is ready to bluff the rest of his chips off to the only other person at the table that can do any significant  damage to him. 30 - 40k bet on the turn. Win the pot or maybe even squeeze one last call from him. As before if he has a set already or over pair you really dont want this going check check.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:12:12 PM by celtic » Logged

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 11:57:46 PM »

i check too. What are u scared of? If he has JJ-AA or a set hes going nowhere, he is only folding and under pair that hasnt made a set or aq /ak etc so no need to scare him of. Check call the flop and bet the turn is my thinking.

I like this line as well as Longy's. The question is why do you flat call then bet the turn? This is going to stop him bluffing the turn, its the way i would bluff in these spots more than VB, it really limits his options IMO.

By the time turn comes then there is more than enough in there to be happy with. Unlikely that the Chip leader is ready to bluff the rest of his chips off to the only other person at the table that can do any significant  damage to him. 30 - 40k bet on the turn. Win the pot or maybe even squeeze one last call from him. As before if he has a set already or over pair you really dont want this going check check.

I like the analysis here, i don't agree though with being happy with what's in the pot. Hands like this don't grow on trees they set you up for final tables.

You make a good point though if he has a 1 pair hand he can control the pot size on the turn with a check behind however if we fire he has to pretty much jam or pass, and he could well favour the jam.

I am not sure i even include an over pair in his range though, i don't know how this thread developed into a "how to stack an overpair with a set" when everything suggests he doesn't have a big pair.

LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18:49 AM »

I like the analysis here, i don't agree though with being happy with what's in the pot. Hands like this don't grow on trees they set you up for final tables.

You make a good point though if he has a 1 pair hand he can control the pot size on the turn with a check behind however if we fire he has to pretty much jam or pass, and he could well favour the jam.

I am not sure i even include an over pair in his range though, i don't know how this thread developed into a "how to stack an overpair with a set" when everything suggests he doesn't have a big pair.

Nonsense IMO. I'm not putting him on an overpair (and you can't really given preflop) and I would remove AJs+ from his range a lot also. You already agreed earlier in the thread that mid pairs and suited connector type hands are most plausible - so this flop is "in his neighborhood" so to speak.

- So he may have a non setted one pair; flopped a draw; flopped a lower set (obv unlikely).
- Or he has badugi and will simply fold the flop; or maybe take one small stab.
- Or he has badugi and he'll get stubborn and try something stupid if you c - bet. That's because this is a 1k tourney (even if it is on ipoker) and people will expect their opponents to c - bet most of their raising range most of the time. And people love to say "I PUT HIM ON AK" on flops like this and go nuts - either calling down with one pair or making a big move in order to fold you out.

Whatever, I don't put him on an overpair. But fuck it, I'm betting. This is a really simple flop spot and I am slightly confused as to why the analysis of death is going on.

BET.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 05:49:21 AM »

OK so my action.

I decided this was a terrific chance to get a monster stack and i didn't want to miss out any value with this hand. Given how nobody had played back at me all comp i decided to check hoping he either took a stab now or could catch something on the turn to have a go with.

He checked behind....

The turn:

Given his check on the flop how do we adjust his range now, how do we play the hand now an overcard has dropped creating possibility for any 2 broadway cards?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2007, 06:07:01 AM »

do what you should of done on the flop and bet out

but this time bet the pot make him pay if he wants to draw out on you

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 07:13:39 AM »

Meh i don't like the flop check. We are now going to struggle to get our stack in,  which is surely the ultimate goal. Also the overcard may kill our action here (it may well help it), does a non setted-pair is going to have trouble paying us.

Checking again is losing even more value from our monster. Bet i make it 25k to 30k, and hope he comes along.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2007, 08:04:49 AM »

I hate the check on the flop..it now means that on the turn you have a small pot you're playing with (atleast not as big a pot as it should be).

in the name of all that is holy bet out here and get the pot up to a size where we can see all the chips in the middle and get ourselves a very big stack.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2007, 08:28:45 AM »

with Longy and Boldie. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: