blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:50:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  vegas costs?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: vegas costs?  (Read 6201 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 10:01:59 AM »

I'd like to think I'd do that too, but I'd have to play at least one $1500 event just to say I have played in it.

See you there then Cheesy

I will definetly be going over this year..even if I don't win a 10k package online. I might play the 2-7 or PLo event but will only be playing cash otherwise while I'm there...the mrs knows and is OK with it (will probably come along)..so just a matter of making some poker moneys...or save up a bit of the old wages..

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »

Maybe consider the Orleans Iron, plenty of poker at affordable cost's, excellent array of facilities, then when you want to get to the strip for a bigger game or touristy things, free shuttle service. they have a good choice of eateries, cinema etc.
Where some of these flight prices have come from amazes me, the last time we went which OK it was earlier this year, we only payed 362 for BOTH of us in flights. One can fly for Xmas thee directfrom Man, for (last time i priced it) 258 pp.

Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 12:21:26 PM »

We have 2 trips booked at the moment , we go a couple of times a year and normally stay in the Bellagio but have changed the next 2

going boxing day for 4 nights , doing this one on the cheap, Virgin economy ( £280 each ) and 4 nights at Bills ( Barbary Coast ) at 60 quid a night

then on 31 May for 14 nights, Maxjet business class at £773 each ( if they dont go bust by then )  and staying at Platinum hotel  ( new all suite place 10 mins walk from centre of strip , prices are amazing for what you get ) , hotel is $193 a night

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »

The way prices are at the moment, the Venetian is the only place to stay imo. The poker room is well spaced out and easily accessible, plus two tournaments every day, all around the $200 mark bar the $500 on Saturday.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »

Maybe consider the Orleans Iron, plenty of poker at affordable cost's, excellent array of facilities, then when you want to get to the strip for a bigger game or touristy things, free shuttle service. they have a good choice of eateries, cinema etc.
Where some of these flight prices have come from amazes me, the last time we went which OK it was earlier this year, we only payed 362 for BOTH of us in flights. One can fly for Xmas thee directfrom Man, for (last time i priced it) 258 pp.

Shuttle service is good, goes to middle of the strip every 20 minutes and has a wheelchair bit.

Also, the titty bar next door to Orleans is blonde recommended.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 06:57:19 PM »

still wanting to go this year

not sure if i should try and go during wsop and play a side event of some of the beligos mirror events

or if should wait till later in the year keep looking on expedia for prices but i only get prices for hotels i have never heard of and no one mentions

the other hotels dont seem to be listing there prices

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »

Have a look at Fat Wallet.Go to forums and then Vegas hotel deals.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 01:03:45 AM »

not sure if i should try and go during wsop and play a side event of some of the beligos mirror events

or if should wait till later in the year keep looking on expedia for prices but i only get prices for hotels i have never heard of and no one mentions

Ironside, try looking on airline-networks.co.uk, this is a site I use to get a baseline price, and then shop around to try and beat that, often going to the hotels site and the air carriers site independently will work out cheaper.

Have a good one

Mike

WackyDUK

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »

Iron,
For convenience we tend to stay in the Mirage. Its central and you can get to most places quickly by cab.
ceasars is next door, altho in a chair you might want to use a Cab. Venetian is stright across the street. you can get a monorail to Treasure Island.
Poker rate is Daily Room Rates:
$109 (Sunday -Thursday)
$149 (Friday & Saturday) altho they charged us $199.

To get poker rate they expect you to play in their room but its always busy and they cater a spread of cash and even SnG.

I have a contact if you want it PM me and ill send you the details.
Also try this site its good for room rate info.
http://www.allvegaspoker.com/room_2.html

Im off home now but will check later if I can help more.
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 11:06:18 AM »

The Orleans on Expedia 1/7/8 for 7 nights £219

How cheap is that for the WSOP

The Orleans has a great card room

Regards

M
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »

The Orleans on Expedia 1/7/8 for 7 nights £219

How cheap is that for the WSOP

The Orleans has a great card room

Regards

M

wow that's amazing

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2008, 12:02:50 PM »

Good timing for this to be bumped.

We'r looking to go for 4-5 weeks in summer 2009.

Any idea on amount a money that will be required for general food/going out/touristy stuff for that amount of time.

We can get a lot of food in to make as we'r renting a house.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »

Any idea on amount a money that will be required for general food/going out/touristy stuff/prop bets for that amount of time.

QFT

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »

Thought that would be pretty obv! lol.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 12:15:10 PM »

Any idea on amount a money that will be required for general food/going out/touristy stuff/prop bets for that amount of time.

QFT

lool. im sure we can come up with something stupid in 14 months.

Have to try beat this tho, http://www.shipitholla.com/blogs/5k_shark_tank_prop_bet/

gl living thru it Rich.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: