blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD January £500 NLHE: Day 1 Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD January £500 NLHE: Day 1 Interactive  (Read 45878 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2008, 04:15:33 PM »

I haven't read an update for ages but I read this one and really enjoyed it. Just read the EPT one and that's great as well. Dunno why I haven't bothered for so long.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »

Mr Reddog

Was it the fast clock and to few chips that made you shove 12k in with AQ

Just wondering

Regards

M

No, I can't say that at all. I didn't play last nights event particularly well, but I was in no immediate danger.

I had been card dead and short stacked for a while, but was a relative newcomer to this table when I picked up two good hands in quick succession. As it happened, I re raised early position raisers with both these hands and won two decent pots.

A couple of hands later, the AQ hand came up, there was a raise and as the action was passed around to me I thought that if I were to re raise again, the original raiser might fold, or, because of my apparent bullying tactics, call me with a worse hand.

IMHO if you are going to play AQ you need to get your chips in first and force your opponent to find a big hand or pass. Had he flipped JJ or lower pair I would have been happy to race at that point.

If I have more chips at this time, I probably do play it differently, but my situation was down to my poor play, not the structure.

the problem with this tom, is that you are telegraphing your hand to the whole table, with your image, i reckon your best play would be to make it 3200-4000 and see what the villian does, i doubt whether someone would 4-bet shove with a worse hand than AQ in that spot. With a smaller reraise it sends signals of a stronger hand than AQ given your stack. Of Course this depends entirely on your opponent.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »

the one bit of norkage I thought was fine and would suggest a thread devoted just to the head valet- bikini shots if possible (happy to do potography free of charge for you guys).

get in the queue!

Whilst it was a scheduled update (we are clearly keen to update at dtd wherever possible in 2008) we were struggling as aside from the lads in the Bahamas the other four regular updaters were unavailable for various reasons confirmed on Thursday at 4pm!

I was actually going to go solo until Dingdell and Bongo offered to help 48 hours in advance.

With a bit more planning (by me) I might have thought about local people, but live and learn..however both DIngdell and Bongo did a great job I thought. 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »

In all fairness this was not a scheduled update (or was it?) and Tighty and Tracey did very well IMO for complete newbies, ok they don't know the notts crowd but who cares this isn't a notts forum.
When folks request chipcounts and updates this happens (mostly) so i don't see the problem, if the Notts crowd want a secular update then do it yourselves or ask the updaters for erm updates...........
I do think you should use locals though rather than peeps driving 100 miles, only so you don't have to add extra banners/more rake to cover the petrol money.

BTW norkage was lacking, you'd think Djinn was still in control...............
i dont think anyone has said they did a bad job...
and the notts crowd as you put it,probably made up 80% of the runners in the comp last night..i just think if this is going to be a regular update it might help to know the names of the people that will be playing in every update

FRAN
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »

I enjoyed this updates last night.
I haven't looked at the EPT Bahamas update yet.   I think this is because the EPT has now become inaccessable to grass roots players such as myself. I still enjoy the EPT updates, but prefer to read the UK tournaments.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2008, 04:36:31 PM »

In all fairness this was not a scheduled update (or was it?) and Tighty and Tracey did very well IMO for complete newbies, ok they don't know the notts crowd but who cares this isn't a notts forum.
When folks request chipcounts and updates this happens (mostly) so i don't see the problem, if the Notts crowd want a secular update then do it yourselves or ask the updaters for erm updates...........
I do think you should use locals though rather than peeps driving 100 miles, only so you don't have to add extra banners/more rake to cover the petrol money.

and the notts crowd as you put it,probably made up 80% of the runners in the comp last night..i just think if this is going to be a regular update it might help to know the names of the people that will be playing in every update

FRAN

My apologies, in future i shall try to take a position directly opposed to that of yourself........................................

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2008, 04:40:04 PM »

ok......lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »

I can see both sides.

Updaters did seem to report on the same players but then they were the best "known" players.....

Would have been nice to hear about how Phil, Stacie and Sam all went out as was requesting updates all night.

However acknowledge that this was some of the updaters first go.

Hope to be there playing next time!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2008, 04:50:45 PM »

ok......lol

I'd have thought you were the perfect choice to update Fran, though as a single bloke i h would've given tighty the chance in the hope of some decent norkage, sadly hindsight is too wonderful a thing.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2008, 04:56:51 PM »

FRAN
actually notts crowd is not the right term...regular dtd players is more fitting..they come from all over but are there for every comp..bless um
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »

and for the record..i dont only want to know how the players i know are doing,i always like to know how blondes are getting on too..i have always been a supporter of blonde and only said what i did bout the updates last night as constructive criticism..not as an attack on the updaters

FRAN
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »

It was noted last night that Iron had pen & paper with him at the table to take notes, there are others that do likewise.

Just a thought, however as Blonde are looking to make this a regular update on the monthly comp and it looks like the comp will increase in numbers in future making it more likely that good hands and exits may be missed. Would it be possible to make up small pads of hand notes to be made available to the tables so that tables may be able to note down interesting hands that are missed by the updaters?

Something on the lines of post-it pads pre marked with:

Blind level............

Bets pr-flop................. Flop Cards..XXX
Bets post flop.............. Turn card..X
Bets post turn.............  River card..X
Bets post river.............

Cards shown............... P1..XX    P2..XX  P3..XX  etc

Winning hand.....xxxxx
Pot size..............Huh??

I'm sure these pads can be printed up and produced at a decent price.

Just a thought

Geo
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 05:21:32 PM by Geo the Sarge » Logged

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »

Havent read the updates for awhile , must say really enjoyed reading the DTD one .

You all did a grand job 

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »

I thought the update was excellent.

I am always grateful for any sort of update, especially when you consider they are FREE to us the viewer/reader.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »

is Ironside still in?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: