blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:31:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1618 1619 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 1625 1626 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609139 times)
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #24315 on: April 26, 2014, 07:33:57 PM »

Anyone else like Eurosport's commentary team?

I genuinely am coming to think it's just me.

Phil's knowledge is very good, but I have never liked Neal Foulds

I do miss Clive Everton tho
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24316 on: April 26, 2014, 08:34:43 PM »

Note to self: do not get involved in a dick swinging contest with the rastafish, it can only end badly when he gets lucky and you awake the beast! Sad

Can confirm Tom is in a grumpy mood today but I think it has something to do with the poor quality of tea he has been served in DTD... Honestly this man has high standards when it comes to tea drinking!

Thank you for saving me from composing a long post apologising for offending his sensibilities and blaming it instead upon my own grumpiness.

'Ow much was the tea?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24317 on: April 26, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »

Two quid all but 5p. It came sans tea bag and tasted like baby sick.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24318 on: April 28, 2014, 01:14:01 PM »

Tal et al have been discussing the concept of infinity of late and it's got me thinking.

If infinity exists, does that mean that every random thing that could possibly happen will happen, and if so will there be a parallel universe containing a version of me that already grasps the concept of infinity?

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #24319 on: April 28, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »

Tom,

Just wanted to say that I don't bother reading your Diary these days, it's all WI sort of stuff, & poetry shite, but the 2 blackbird photos are magnificent. You should have posted them on my Diary, imo. 

Blackbirds are in my top ten birds, they have such character. 

Can't say a blame you Tony. I don't bother reading it these days either.

What is WI btw? Women's Institute?

Is there any chance this will catch on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27132980

Unfortunately not I think. I gave up my seat on a bus yesterday to a lady, does that count?

You on the bus? Story doesn't check out.

lol, in normal circumstances you would have a valid point Tom. Unfortunately for the last 2 weeks I have been on at least 2 buses a day and where the chance arose I gave my seat up to the old, the infirm and to the fairer sex. I have been in Orlando on a family holiday and Disney provide these free buses to ferry their customers between the parks, resorts and hotels.

The first trip on one of these buses I was sat down and this lady boarded the bus, I gallantly offered my seat as I could see that she was with child. She gracefully accepted my offer and I enquired when was the baby due? Oops she was not pregnant and all that goodwill went flying out of the window. I decided there and then that I would give up my seat regardless for all women be they pregnant or just on the large side.

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24320 on: April 28, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »

I wish the would stop calling him Domnic Dale.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #24321 on: April 28, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »

Tal et al have been discussing the concept of infinity of late and it's got me thinking.

If infinity exists, does that mean that every random thing that could possibly happen will happen, and if so will there be a parallel universe containing a version of me that already grasps the concept of infinity?

Short answer:
Maybe.

Longer answer:
Definitely, yes.

Explanations will have to wait until I'm at a PC or someone else who geeks out over the quantum world arrives.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #24322 on: April 28, 2014, 06:49:16 PM »

Just a mini-spam to let everyone know the latest RSQ is up Smiley expecting plenty of entrants, it's my first one!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63669.0
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #24323 on: April 28, 2014, 07:06:46 PM »

Just a mini-spam to let everyone know the latest RSQ is up Smiley expecting plenty of entrants, it's my first one!

New blog?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #24324 on: April 28, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »

New blog?

Yeah i've just permenantly taken over about 5. It's what I do.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #24325 on: April 28, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »

New blog?

Yeah i've just permenantly taken over about 5. It's what I do.

I re-do the same gag for years. It's what I do.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24326 on: April 28, 2014, 07:48:42 PM »

Who?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24327 on: April 28, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »

Short answer:
Maybe.

Longer answer:
Definitely, yes.

Explanations will have to wait until I'm at a PC or someone else who geeks out over the quantum world arrives.

I don't understand the concept of an infinite number of universes, where every possible thing has happened.  Just doesn't make sense.

That'd mean there's a universe that has a world just like this, but it's made from stilton, and all the seas are full of Rowntree's jelly and everyone has 17 legs and the laws of physics are different so there's no friction and it rains rugby balls that turn into elephants when they hit the ground (stilton). 

Also, tikay is a news reader on babestation.

Tom, it also means that in one universe you are actually god and created the laws of physics and are married to Vicky Coren as well as every other woman on the planet, and most of the men.

The problem I have with an infinite number of universes where the laws of physics can be anything (and indeed everything), is that its unfalsifiable and therefore unscientific. It's philosophy or religion, or science fiction.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24328 on: April 28, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »

It seems to me that more than the average number of left handers excel at stationary ball games.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #24329 on: April 28, 2014, 08:38:35 PM »

Short answer:
Maybe.

Longer answer:
Definitely, yes.

I don't understand the concept of an infinite number of universes, where every possible thing has happened.  Just doesn't make sense.

That'd mean there's a universe that has a world just like this, but it's made from stilton, and all the seas are full of Rowntree's jelly and everyone has 17 legs and the laws of physics are different so there's no friction and it rains rugby balls that turn into elephants when they hit the ground (stilton). 

Also, tikay is a news reader on babestation.

Tom, it also means that in one universe you are actually god and created the laws of physics and are married to Vicky Coren as well as every other woman on the planet, and most of the men.

The problem I have with an infinite number of universes where the laws of physics can be anything (and indeed everything), is that its unfalsifiable and therefore unscientific. It's philosophy or religion, or science fiction.

Even if the theory is fundamentally correct it still wouldn't result in any combination of any event - the number of universes tends towards infinity, so the probability tends to 1 but never reaches it.

Given the massive number involved, the tiny proportion representing what's left is so large that it would effectively rule out anything ... unusual. Such as Red Dog understanding infinity.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 1618 1619 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 1625 1626 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: