blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:09:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [1907] 1908 1909 1910 1911 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610794 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28590 on: September 03, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »

I like people who go to the library.

I used to go to the library when I was younger. I used to take my 3 kids along and they still enjoy reading as adults. I can't remember the last time I went though. Nowadays I tend to read mostly during the winter when my business is quieter and when I'm on holiday.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28591 on: September 03, 2016, 08:14:13 PM »

I like people who go to the library.

I used to go to the library when I was younger. I used to take my 3 kids along and they still enjoy reading as adults. I can't remember the last time I went though. Nowadays I tend to read mostly during the winter when my business is quieter and when I'm on holiday.

I do all my reading on Kindle these days but I was parked outside the library today and saw an oldish couple coming out with their books. They were smiling and chatting and obviously excited about their choices.

You have to be a reader to understand the excitement of heading home with a batch of new books.

Ooh! Tingly.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28592 on: September 03, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »

I can't believe how much traffic there is on the roads these days. Christ Almighty! Have they nothing better to do?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28593 on: September 03, 2016, 08:22:47 PM »

I went past Meadowhall on Tinsley viaduct and it was absolutely rammed, no doubt with people doing their Christmas shopping.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28594 on: September 03, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »

I had a coffee in Starbucks. £2.10 for a grande, which, I found out, equates to a medium.

Two pounds and ten pence though, that's like, two guineas for a hot drink. There's half an ounce of gold in two guineas.

In 1663, two guineas was the equivalent of £8891.60. Imagine if someone had told you back then that eventually, two guineas would only buy you a medium cup of coffee.

I commented on the price to an old guy who was in the queue behind me and he said, "Don't remind me lad, ah'v worked many a shift dahn't pit fer a sight less. Ah'm glad I didn't save any of it".

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28595 on: September 03, 2016, 08:58:45 PM »

I heard on Radio 4 about a survey that suggests that the young people of today aren't doing it as much as my generation used to.

What do they mean, 'Used to'?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #28596 on: September 03, 2016, 09:00:40 PM »

I heard on Radio 4 about a survey that suggests that the young people of today aren't doing it as much as my generation used to.

Doing what? Buying coffee?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28597 on: September 03, 2016, 09:15:18 PM »

You can add that to the list if you want to. The closest we have at the moment is 'Buying frisbees'.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jim-goad/2014/12/400-euphemisms-for-sexual-intercourse/

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28598 on: September 03, 2016, 09:24:53 PM »

Also, I'm scared of the proposed nuclear power station at Hinkley Point. Apart from the every day, common or garden nuclear power station risks like earthquakes, tsunamis and human error, what a target it would make for anyone who felt like being naughty.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #28599 on: September 04, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »

You can add that to the list if you want to. The closest we have at the moment is 'Buying frisbees'.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jim-goad/2014/12/400-euphemisms-for-sexual-intercourse/

36, 63, 123, 258 and others are not exactly euphemisms. They don't imply something. They're pretty explicit.

I'm fairly sure 308 isn't generally used for that purpose.

And 122 is not a euphemism for sexual intercourse. It's an act of itself. It's in the dictionary as such.

341 is from futurama.

Anyone who uses 387 should be punched squarely in the face, as you're never going to see a black hole through a telescope, let alone explore it.

I'm not going to go on.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28600 on: September 04, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »

36, 63, 123, 258 and others are not exactly euphemisms. They don't imply something. They're pretty explicit.

I'm fairly sure 308 isn't generally used for that purpose.

And 122 is not a euphemism for sexual intercourse. It's an act of itself. It's in the dictionary as such.

341 is from futurama.

Anyone who uses 387 should be punched squarely in the face, as you're never going to see a black hole through a telescope, let alone explore it.

I'm not going to go on.

Sigh....  You do realise I have to look these up now?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28601 on: September 04, 2016, 08:52:36 AM »

Ah! Snu snu. My Fonfon Ru.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #28602 on: September 04, 2016, 09:43:28 AM »

While wandering a deserted beach at dawn, stagnant in my work, I saw a man in the distance bending and throwing as he walked the endless stretch toward me. As he came near, I could see that he was throwing starfish, abandoned on the sand by the tide, back into the sea.

When he was close enough I asked him why he was working so hard at this strange task. He said that the sun would dry the starfish and they would die. I said to him that I thought he was foolish. There were thousands of starfish on miles and miles of beach. One man alone could never make a difference. He smiled as he picked up the next starfish.

Hurling it far into the sea he said, "It makes a difference for this one."

I abandoned my writing and spent the morning throwing starfish.

- Loren Eiseley

I hear you Bro.

I've been thinking about this and I must confess I don't hear...

a) The writer spent the morning throwing Starfish, only the morning. And then what, bogged off back to his writing? Or down the pub? Or whatever selfish pursuit he wanted to indulge himself in, never to throw Starfish again.

Why not throw these poor Starfish back for the whole day at least? Or make a regular daily habit of throwing Starfish every day? You know why he doesn't? Because the writer doesn't give a single fcuk about Starfish. It is pretend. After a couple of hours he can't be arsed anymore, it's too exhausting to carry on with this nonsense. Might as well just get on with his life instead. So if we are using this piece as advice for challenging minor social comments we can see that even this Starfish hero gives up pretty quickly because it really isn't worth the time and effort.

b) Every nature documentary I see people never intervene with nature, they always say you must let nature take it's course.

So yeah I don't hear. Imo the writer is simply satisfying himself at every turn.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #28603 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:08 AM »

While wandering a deserted beach at dawn, stagnant in my work, I saw a man in the distance bending and throwing as he walked the endless stretch toward me. As he came near, I could see that he was throwing starfish, abandoned on the sand by the tide, back into the sea.

When he was close enough I asked him why he was working so hard at this strange task. He said that the sun would dry the starfish and they would die. I said to him that I thought he was foolish. There were thousands of starfish on miles and miles of beach. One man alone could never make a difference. He smiled as he picked up the next starfish.

Hurling it far into the sea he said, "It makes a difference for this one."

I abandoned my writing and spent the morning throwing starfish.

- Loren Eiseley

I hear you Bro.

I've been thinking about this and I must confess I don't hear...

a) The writer spent the morning throwing Starfish, only the morning. And then what, bogged off back to his writing? Or down the pub? Or whatever selfish pursuit he wanted to indulge himself in, never to throw Starfish again.

Why not throw these poor Starfish back for the whole day at least? Or make a regular daily habit of throwing Starfish every day? You know why he doesn't? Because the writer doesn't give a single fcuk about Starfish. It is pretend. After a couple of hours he can't be arsed anymore, it's too exhausting to carry on with this nonsense. Might as well just get on with his life instead. So if we are using this piece as advice for challenging minor social comments we can see that even this Starfish hero gives up pretty quickly because it really isn't worth the time and effort.

b) Every nature documentary I see people never intervene with nature, they always say you must let nature take it's course.

So yeah I don't hear. Imo the writer is simply satisfying himself at every turn.

How long he spent throwing Starfish isn't really the point though is it? The point is, up untill then he had strolled past Starfish like that business man strolled past an abandoned newborn in a Chinese gutter, and for much the same reason.
Then someone showed him that that wasnt the only option. He could act differently, if only for that instance. Then he could go to the pub.
Now here's the clever bit.
There were some kids on the beach building sandcastles who only interaction with a Starfish usualy was to chop its arms off with their spades, but after they saw the guy rescuing them they suddenley realised that the Starfish were living creatures who deserved every chance they could get.
So they spent the rest of the afternoon throwing Starfish back, and when their mam shouted them in for their teas they told her all about the fantastic Starfish and how they had saved them, and mam said 'That's nice dears', but that evening, when she took the dog out for a crap, she saw a Starfish washed in by the high tide, and fighting the feelings of repulsion she always felt when faced with this alien species she flicked it back into the surf with the toe of her flip flop.

Starfish saving eventually caught on, it became normal behavior for the visitors to the beach to be kind to the sea creatures, kind of second nature, no big thing, just people taking a few seconds out of their day for the benefit of something else.
Of course there will never be a happy ending to this story because Starfish will always wash up, but it's the best they can do, and thats always better than nothing. 

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #28604 on: September 06, 2016, 12:12:52 AM »

How are we supposed to have a relationship on your father's diary if this is how long you take to reply?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [1907] 1908 1909 1910 1911 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: