blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 1995 1996 [1997] 1998 1999 2000 2001 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3607332 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #29940 on: October 02, 2018, 03:42:11 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else exchange a knowing look or the the occasional secret with themselves in the shaving mirror?

I do this all the time, sometimes out of smugness and sometimes out of horror.

Ah! The element of surprise
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #29941 on: October 02, 2018, 03:45:19 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes attempt levitation or telekinesis just to prove to themselves that it's not possible but with the secret hope of discovering that it is?

Wish I had kept a diary of doing this as a kid....

I vaguely remember every Saturday afternoon after playing footy for school in the morning I would be at home
all alone and close the curtains to the living room while watching World of Sport with Dickie Davis and would
levitate from one setee to the other which was on the opposite side of the living room.

It scared the shit out of me that I could do it and never told anyone.

Now a photo of that would be gold.

Or was it a dream I had ?

To me , even to this day , I believe it really happened as I tried it most Saturday afternoons , sometimes it
would work sometimes not.

I was only thinking about it a few days ago and then I see your post about levitating !
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #29942 on: October 02, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a pathological fear of upsetting someone we didn't mean to upset?

I don't have the slightest qualm about upsetting someone on purpose, but the thought that someone thinks I meant to when I didn't haunts me.

Christopher Hitchens called this the old definition of a gentleman. Paraphrasing ‘A man who never caused offence, except on purpose’
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29943 on: October 03, 2018, 01:24:52 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes attempt levitation or telekinesis just to prove to themselves that it's not possible but with the secret hope of discovering that it is?

Wish I had kept a diary of doing this as a kid....

I vaguely remember every Saturday afternoon after playing footy for school in the morning I would be at home
all alone and close the curtains to the living room while watching World of Sport with Dickie Davis and would
levitate from one setee to the other which was on the opposite side of the living room.

It scared the shit out of me that I could do it and never told anyone.

Now a photo of that would be gold.

Or was it a dream I had ?

To me , even to this day , I believe it really happened as I tried it most Saturday afternoons , sometimes it
would work sometimes not.

I was only thinking about it a few days ago and then I see your post about levitating !

WP Jim, I didn't expect to get any replies to this.

Unrelated to levitating but relevant to your post, something happened to me and I don't know if it was real or a dream. Unfortunately I can't discuss the details because it's quite rude.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29944 on: October 03, 2018, 01:26:56 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a pathological fear of upsetting someone we didn't mean to upset?

I don't have the slightest qualm about upsetting someone on purpose, but the thought that someone thinks I meant to when I didn't haunts me.

Christopher Hitchens called this the old definition of a gentleman. Paraphrasing ‘A man who never caused offence, except on purpose’

And here's me thinking I was just an idiot.

Thanks Ku, I'm really chuffed.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29945 on: October 03, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »

Absolutely. And I seem to do it all the time. Or my imagination suggests I do.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29946 on: October 03, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »

A much missed mutual friend of ours from way back in the day could levitate, & taught me to do it as well, but he told me I could only levitate if I wore Timberlnad* boots, which he happened to have available at £10 a pair.  

* Yes, that's how I intended to spell it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29947 on: October 03, 2018, 02:01:46 PM »

A much missed mutual friend of ours from way back in the day could levitate, & taught me to do it as well, but he told me I could only levitate if I wore Timberlnad* boots, which he happened to have available at £10 a pair.  

You've narrowed it down to about 30 people.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29948 on: October 03, 2018, 02:04:14 PM »

No no. You only know ONE person who tried to flog you Timberlnad boots.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29949 on: October 03, 2018, 02:10:44 PM »

I'm struggling to remember though. (If only I kept a diary)

Were these boots in t' boot?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29950 on: October 03, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »

Tony. Do you think the poker scene as we knew it has gone forever now or is it still there and we have just fallen by the wayside.

(When I say we I mean me obv)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29951 on: October 03, 2018, 02:26:44 PM »

Nope, not Barry Neville.

Surprised that James Fisher, aka Sofa-King, has slipped your memory....,,,,,,,/////

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29952 on: October 03, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »

Tony. Do you think the poker scene as we knew it has gone forever now or is it still there and we have just fallen by the wayside.

(When I say we I mean me obv)

It's still there Tom, as vibrant as ever, but you & me just fell by the wayside a bit.

I still play every night & it's the highlight of my day, I love it to bits. I play for very small money, £2, £3 & £5 comps, that sort of thing, make a steady but modest profit, & enjoy it as much as I ever did. It's not really about money though, it's an evening's entertainment, & the chance to prove I can still do it. Sometimes.

I just CBA to go & play Live though, too much hassle. Online, an early bustout means we just reg for something else, Live, an early bust means waiting 2 hours for a seat at the cash tables & having to beg the Cardroom Manager to allow the game to start. At home, I can play in my softies, have the TV or I-Pad on as well, & pass wind at will.

I was trying to find a photo of James Fisher on google (unsuccessfully), & I was amazed at how many faces I recognized from the past who I never see these days. I was tempted to post them, but you know how it is, folks say or think "there he goes again, reminiscing". It's out of fashion these days, sadly. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29953 on: October 03, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »

Nope, not Barry Neville.

Surprised that James Fisher, aka Sofa-King, has slipped your memory....,,,,,,,/////

Oh God yes! I remember it now in perfect detail. (Come to think of it, I still remember how to levitate)

We were in Cardiff and James was showing us magic tricks. He did that one where the card twirls in mid air between his open palms.

I didn't remember at first because I was just thinking of scammers, grimmers, grifters and Bradford blisters. (None of which applies to Mr Fisher.

That night, as we left the venue, James opened his van and threw me an expensive rug, brand new, still in the wrapper, obviously from his hawking stock. "Here" he said, "Take that with you. It will help keep you warm in your mingy little caravan"

Mrs Red still uses it on chilly evenings, I call it her invalid blanket.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29954 on: October 03, 2018, 02:40:55 PM »

Sorry, I could not resist.

Have a red of this - the Midland Masters from 2006.

Surprisingly, several players mentioned there 12 years ago remain active members of blonde.

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/5764

Pages: 1 ... 1993 1994 1995 1996 [1997] 1998 1999 2000 2001 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: