blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:16:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1991 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 1999 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587653 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #29910 on: September 17, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »

I don't do hero's lightly, probably only a handful including my Mum. Cloughie is in there, brilliant at his job and a no nonsense chap.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29911 on: September 17, 2018, 06:56:10 PM »

I wanted to reply, but knew you were angling for a reaction, so my Stubborn Mode kicked in.

I've reverted to my normal, helpful self now.

I won't hear a word said about Brian Clough, of all the sports celebs I've "known" via the media, there are few if any who gave me more enjoyment. Loved him to bits.

I did find it all rather sad that in his later life, alcohol got the better of him. I wish I had missed that bit.

Cloughie did like a bung though, which rather oddly ended up costing Terry Venables his job managing the spuds after Alan Sugar decided to blow the whistle on footie's bung-culture.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:06:40 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29912 on: September 17, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »

I don't do hero's lightly, probably only a handful including my Mum. Cloughie is in there, brilliant at his job and a no nonsense chap.

Brilliant I'll grant you, but "no nonsense" seems to be a euphemism for saying anything he liked regardless of how unfair or hurtful.

Surely people can't become heroes through achievement only, otherwise we would all be worshipping The Donald.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #29913 on: September 17, 2018, 09:33:19 PM »

Brilliant I'll grant you, but "no nonsense" seems to be a euphemism for saying anything he liked regardless of how unfair or hurtful.

Surely people can't become heroes through achievement only, otherwise we would all be worshipping The Donald.

It's how they achieve their success. He took unfashionable teams mixed old heads with new, made players believe they could achieve and went and did it. A prime example is Gary Birtles. Found him at non league Long Eaton Utd and within a few years he and his team mates won back to back European cups. Birtles was then sold To Man Utd for £1m where he didn't have the same success. Clough bought him back for £250,000 and got him back to his goal scoring best.

Indeed Clough was a bit marmite and not squeaky clean from a not so squeaky clean era. However Trump is just an all round wanker full stop.  Grin

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29914 on: September 18, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »

When I google Rosie Bea I get this image, but apparently wiki knows nothing about her.

Click to see full-size image.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29915 on: September 18, 2018, 09:02:27 PM »

http://www.msrosiebea.com/p/about-me.html

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29916 on: September 19, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »

Cheers Boo, but that's not the point. SHE HAS NO WIKI PAGE. For someone in the public eye, that's almost on par with having no reflection in the mirror.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29917 on: September 19, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »

I don't know the answer to your question Tom, but I found a Wiki page which lists "unusual Wiki pages".

WARNING - once you start reading that page, you'll not be able to stop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Unusual_articles

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29918 on: September 19, 2018, 09:05:50 AM »

I don't know the answer to your question Tom, but I found a Wiki page which lists "unusual Wiki pages".

WARNING - once you start reading that page, you'll not be able to stop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Unusual_articles

Wow!

I don't know whether to love you or hate you.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29919 on: September 19, 2018, 09:09:15 AM »

Tell me this Tone, when I find out about something fascinating, (which is about 50 times a day) I immediately want everyone else to know about it too. Is it the same for you?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29920 on: September 19, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »

Wiki ought to have a health warning, it's ridiculously addictive.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29921 on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »

Tell me this Tone, when I find out about something fascinating, (which is about 50 times a day) I immediately want everyone else to know about it too. Is it the same for you?

Unfortunately Tom, yes.

I could put up 10 posts every single day about "interesting" stuff I have found, but what fascinated me bores others to tears. 

And once you find a new thing on, say Wiki, it leads to a trail, & you follow it from link to link for hours.

I watched a TV Documentary last night about submarines & submariners during the Cold War. Quite interesting, but not enough to blow me away. But......

They showed a submarine lunching a ballistic missile from UNDER the surface of the sea. You'll have seen the same thing on the TV News a hundred times. No big deal.

And then the thought struck me. How do you launch a rocket (because that is what it is) from UNDER the surface? Surely, once you open the "bomb doors" or "missile tube", it fills with water?

So I took off & ended up wasting an hour finding out how it worked. And the answer was stunning.

Care to guess how it works? (See, I resisted the temptation to tell everyone).

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29922 on: September 19, 2018, 09:18:14 AM »

There's a big clue to the answer in this image......

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29923 on: September 19, 2018, 09:20:26 AM »

I'm guessing compressed air, popgun stylee.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29924 on: September 19, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »

then the rocket ignites once clear of the water or it burns through the water because it's in a bubble.

Pages: 1 ... 1991 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 1999 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: