blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 1994 1995 [1996] 1997 1998 1999 2000 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587648 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29925 on: September 19, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »

Or it burns through the water because it has its own oxygen supply in its fuel like an oxy acetylene torch will burn underwater

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29926 on: September 19, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »

I'm guessing compressed air, popgun stylee.

Originally, yes, but these days it's different as they mostly use nuclear powered submarines.

Same principle, but now the nuclear reactor turns a tank of water into steam & the pressure of the steam forces the missile out of it's housing & above the surface. Once above the surface, the missile momentarily hesitates as gravity tries to take over, but then the rocket motors ignite, & off she goes. 

It never fails. *

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29927 on: September 19, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »

* T & C's apply.

In fact, in this clip, you can see the "pause" above the surface before the rockets ignite.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29928 on: September 19, 2018, 09:28:41 AM »

That's just what I would expect to happen.

I never did get a satisfactory answer to my brilliant question, "Why do rockets go straight up instead of falling over?"

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29929 on: September 27, 2018, 02:46:59 PM »

O.... M... G!!
What an absolutely beautiful day.

It's the 27th of September and it's 26 degrees. The sun is shining from a totally cloudless blue sky and the birds are singing from trees that are just beginning to show the first red-brown blush of autumn. It's breathtaking.

What are Mrs & I doing? We're sitting in the lounge with all the curtains drawn binge watching a box set. (or should that be boxed set?)

Help us, we can't stop.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:55:40 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29930 on: September 28, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #29931 on: September 28, 2018, 12:25:29 PM »

My favourite Brian Clough story:

https://youtu.be/CWzKXcsYju0

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29932 on: September 28, 2018, 12:42:14 PM »

Ha, wonderful. No doubt a touch embellished, but who cares?

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #29933 on: September 28, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »

Ha ha literally said that to one of my lads who just cut some Indian stone wrong.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #29934 on: September 28, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »

Ha, wonderful. No doubt a touch embellished, but who cares?

This is so funny 😂!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29935 on: October 01, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »

Posted by one of Mrs Red's friends on her facebook wall or feed or whatever it is.

"A private life is a happy life"

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29936 on: October 02, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »

I want to do a couple of 'Is it just me' posts.

First, is it just me, or do most people wish they had kept a diary detailing the minutiae their day-to-day life?

As I get older, my waking hours are filled with a constant whirl of memories. Some are blurred and indistinct, some are sharp and clear and some are a mixture of both.

Example: I remember being in a cafe one lunchtime, (or dinnertime, as people of my class/generation call it).

It was a workman's type cafe, with large portions of simple food and red checked plastic tablecloths, but I don't remember when it was, where it was or what it was called.

I do remember with absolute clarity that I had sausage double egg and chips with four slices of bread and butter. (actually I may just be assuming four slices of bread and butter because that's what I always had, but the sausage egg and chips are crystal clear).

Back in the pre smart-phone day, one of my greatest pleasures in life was reading a book whilst eating my dinner, and although I can't pinpoint a date, I do know that this memory is pre smart-phone and pre sauce sachet.

Now for the memorable part of the memory.

I like brown sauce with my s e & c and I distinctly remember looking up from my book, reaching for the sauce bottle and being astounded to find not one but two varieties of brown sauce alongside the ketchup and vinegar. As well as the standard square bottle of HP there was an exotic looking round bottle bearing the legend 'Hammonds Chop sauce'.

How exciting! I remember experimenting by dipping a chip into a blob of each and beconing an instant Hammonds convert.

I've since learned that the Hammonds sauce factory was founded in Yorkshire in the 1930s but until that fateful day I  had somehow never heard of it.

Now I know this memory is of absolutely no interest to anyone else, but oh how I would love to look back in my diary and discover where and when that was and what else I was doing that day.

BTW- Since the advent of the smart-phone camera I have semi made up for the lack of a diary by photographing everything, even the mundane and trivial bits of my life and it's great to look back on the pictures, especially the 10/15 year old ones.

Come to think of it, I would love a picture of that cafe, or of a chip being dipped into a blob of Hammonds chop sauce if anyone has one.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29937 on: October 02, 2018, 02:42:29 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a pathological fear of upsetting someone we didn't mean to upset?

I don't have the slightest qualm about upsetting someone on purpose, but the thought that someone thinks I meant to when I didn't haunts me.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29938 on: October 02, 2018, 02:44:43 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else exchange a knowing look or the the occasional secret with themselves in the shaving mirror?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29939 on: October 02, 2018, 02:50:54 PM »

Is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes attempt levitation or telekinesis just to prove to themselves that it's not possible but with the secret hope of discovering that it is?

Pages: 1 ... 1992 1993 1994 1995 [1996] 1997 1998 1999 2000 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: